What batteries do I need? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: What batteries do I need?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    Not sure of the difference, but the 750mAh have a protective chip making them safer IMO. If you trip the protective devices in an AW battery with out that chip they are ruined. AW batteries are the safest in the world IMO ,and both of those batteries will work fine.
    The 'High Drain 16340'/IMRs are supposed to be a safe chemistry battery, as safe if not more than a protected CR123. You can (and I do) buy them made by AW

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I can't really figure out what's the difference between the IMR and ICR batteries? Anyone can help me to figure it out in term of security/performance?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by aliens View Post
    I can't really figure out what's the difference between the IMR and ICR batteries? Anyone can help me to figure it out in term of security/performance?
    IMR batteries should be more safe with much more consistent performance, but they do cost more

Crazy Mod Collector Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey Jay - would an AW protected 17500 or 17670 fit in the 3.7v GLV2s? One batt vs the 2?
    Thanks!!
    Mods = Lost count and can't find half of them

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Tendril View Post
    IMR batteries should be more safe with much more consistent performance, but they do cost more
    I ordered my super mini with a kit charger and battery, but i'd like to add two more batteries now, do you have a link to these IMR batteries?

Super Member ECF Veteran

I get all my battery supplies from a flashlight website, but they aren't a supported vendor here so I don't know if it's appropriate to post a link. I'll PM you with the info

EDIT: I'll post here what I've written to aliens in regard to his or her question about the safety of the IMRs in case it helps anyone else. Disclaimer: I'm not an electrical engineer, this isn't a professional opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Tendril
    Hey aliens,

The GLV can optionally come with AW batteries, which these are also. AW makes good batteries; they're widely regarded as more safe than Ultrafires and the like. IMR is by design a safer battery than protected lithium ion, and since they are from the same reputable manufacturer I believe these are the safest batteries you're going to find. They also fit perfectly in the GLV, as the GLV is made for the AW CR123, and AW makes these as a direct replacement.

The only thing to watch out for is discharging them. With a standard lith-ion battery it decreases in performance as the battery drains, so it's obvious that the battery has a low charge. The IMRs give consistent performance from full charge until just before they are discharged. There are only a few puffs where your performance is hindered before the batteries go from on the brink of being empty to completely drained. The charge capacity of the batteries is lowered each time you fully discharge them. Just be on the lookout after a day of vaping; if they are getting to the point where they don't perform as they have been all day, don't vape on them until after they're charged again.

FYI the 550mAh IMRs should give you more battery life than the 750mAh Li-Ions that you can get with your GLV; from what I've read they are more comparable to a 900mAh Li-Ion in terms of how much power you can get out of each charging. Just try not to run them all the way down
    Last edited by Tendril; 03-20-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910