UN-Official Halo Chat Thread! - Page 273
Page 273 of 1505 FirstFirst ... 1732232632692702712722732742752762772833233737731273 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 15047
Like Tree20697Likes

Thread: UN-Official Halo Chat Thread!

PV Master Verified Member DaveOno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    That's a pretty bad bet you're taking. April 21 isn't very far from St. Patty's day.

Wes

It involves detoxing while serving time. Unless he makes some raisin liquor in a ziplok, hiding it in the toilet tank. Travis County inmates is a crafty bunch...

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

Just watching Channel 42 out of Birmingham.....they are doing a story on e-cigs, and are showing Vulcan Vapes Store and interview with the owner. The owner says he sells eGo and 510 kits and Halo juice's (up close shot of pretty Halo blue bottles......featuring "Kringle's Curse" He tells basic's about vaping and a customer tells his personal story of quitting smoking, how he can breath better, more energy and feels better. His store looks really nice and alot of different juice company's like Alice in Vapeland, The Mad Alchemist and Five Pawns. Plus more I couldn't read the labels, looked like all was glass bottles. Didn't see any plastic bottles on the shelves.

Then news reporter says Birmingham smoking ordinance says you can use e-cigs in bar or restaurants. *gasps* But is it really that different than a cigarette.

Then interview with and old doctor from UAB (teaching hospital) (He clearly doesn't know enough to give an honest view <---my opinion he is arrogant) He says "Well they say it is a purer form of nicotine but it really isn't that pure and these company's say it only contains so and so their talking about the chemicals that can be measured in the solution NOT what can be produced by the chemical reaction that occurs. The FDA is currently researching these ecig companies."

Back to reporter, she states that the e-cigs are largly unregulated however many places like Vulcan Vapes abide by the same rules that tabacco stores do and they refuse to sell to customers who are younger than 19 years old.

Weatherman then laughs and says "Well you won't need one of those devices to produce vapor in the morning", then mimicks blowing cold air.

Just thought I'd share but the store looked awesome, I'm gonna have to visit!! About 2 hours away but a really professional looking store.
    FranC, Fenris4024, wheezal and 3 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Sofi, Allison & Chloe Sydelle~~~~~~~

CASAA Member

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

The media just can't help themselves, but to sensationalize something that will potentially help people solve an extremely difficult problem. But when have good news and positive views ever brought up ratings or sold a rag? Such is life.

Wes
    FranC and CafeDigitalDiva like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I didn't realize that, Dave. Thanks for the info. Yes, if the charge gradually won't hold as long, then I'm probably good for well beyond 300 charges.

Do you think you're penalized for just "topping off" the battery as much as a full discharge/recharge cycle?

Wes
    If you use the battery to 50% and recharge, that's roughly half a charge cycle, so you can have roughly 600 of those.
    if you use the battery to 0%, that's a full charge cycle and you can have 300 of those.
    but there are people who say different things, some say it's better to recharge at 50%, some say it's better to recharge at 5%
    I say charge when convenient and don't worry about it.
    Forecast: Cloudy.

PV Master Verified Member DaveOno's Avatar

I didn't realize that, Dave. Thanks for the info. Yes, if the charge gradually won't hold as long, then I'm probably good for well beyond 300 charges.

Do you think you're penalized for just "topping off" the battery as much as a full discharge/recharge cycle?

Wes
    I'm researchin a lot about it, and I think Chesty has it right.
    FranC and Evie Luv like this.

Country gal Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good morning,folks
    Aviationrich likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    Just watching Channel 42 out of Birmingham.....they are doing a story on e-cigs, and are showing Vulcan Vapes Store and interview with the owner. The owner says he sells eGo and 510 kits and Halo juice's (up close shot of pretty Halo blue bottles......featuring "Kringle's Curse" He tells basic's about vaping and a customer tells his personal story of quitting smoking, how he can breath better, more energy and feels better. His store looks really nice and alot of different juice company's like Alice in Vapeland, The Mad Alchemist and Five Pawns. Plus more I couldn't read the labels, looked like all was glass bottles. Didn't see any plastic bottles on the shelves.

Then news reporter says Birmingham smoking ordinance says you can use e-cigs in bar or restaurants. *gasps* But is it really that different than a cigarette.

Then interview with and old doctor from UAB (teaching hospital) (He clearly doesn't know enough to give an honest view <---my opinion he is arrogant) He says "Well they say it is a purer form of nicotine but it really isn't that pure and these company's say it only contains so and so their talking about the chemicals that can be measured in the solution NOT what can be produced by the chemical reaction that occurs. The FDA is currently researching these ecig companies."

Back to reporter, she states that the e-cigs are largly unregulated however many places like Vulcan Vapes abide by the same rules that tabacco stores do and they refuse to sell to customers who are younger than 19 years old.

Weatherman then laughs and says "Well you won't need one of those devices to produce vapor in the morning", then mimicks blowing cold air.

Just thought I'd share but the store looked awesome, I'm gonna have to visit!! About 2 hours away but a really professional looking store.
    I see a road trip in your future.

sent from galaxy tab 3 using tapatalk
    Evie Luv and CafeDigitalDiva like this.

Country gal Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good morning,Aviation

Morning FranC! How's your day so far?

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

Quote Originally Posted by Aviationrich View Post
    I see a road trip in your future.

Oh yeah, I'll just have to save up for it.

Halons are broke! LOL
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Sofi, Allison & Chloe Sydelle~~~~~~~

CASAA Member