Tips for Triton Setup?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Tips for Triton Setup?

Super Member ECF Veteran Chinook's Avatar

Default Tips for Triton Setup?

Hello to all,

I'm about to start vaping and I'm thinking about getting a Halo Triton setup.

I'm planning to buy one of each:

1 Triton Variable Voltage Battery
    1 Triton Tank
    1 Triton USB charger
    1 Mini wall charger
    1 Tank Replacement Coil-- Coil Resistance 3.0 - 3.2 ohms
    1 Tobacco Sample pack -- 24 mg/ml - High Nicotine

Am I missing anything crucial here? Will I need multiple tanks?

Regarding the nicotine level, my initial thought is to get the 24 mg/ml e-liquids! I smoke American Spirits Organics (full flavor), about 4-6 cigarettes a day. The quantity of cigarettes is not too bad but these cigarettes do pack a decent punch. I'd appreciate your thoughts regarding the compatibility of the nicotine level vs what I smoke.

I'm also little bit confused about the Triton tank. It has 2.4 ml capacity but it is suggested that the e-juice should be kept at 2ml level at all times. Some people say you don't have to... It sounds like one needs to twirl the setup around to keep the all length of the wicks fully wet. Is that right?

Or are there better alternatives to this tank system like wick less etc..?

Also, what's the best way to sample different e-juices with this setup? Do we need to fill up 2.4 ml, vape little bit, pour back the e-liquid into its container, clean the tank and repeat? Is it easy to pour the left over juice from the Triton tank to the Halo juice bottles? Or can we use G6 mini tanks or G6 blank cartomizers with the Triton VV battery for testing out the juices?

Thanks,

Chinook
    Last edited by Chinook; 09-17-2013 at 06:12 PM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Personally, I'd say order extra tanks and replacement coils. Then you can use several tanks/rotate them out and try multiple flavors. Plus you will eventually need more tanks anyway. Have fun and keep us posted on which flavors you end up liking!
    athousandyears likes this.

ProVari | byLeo | REO| Halo

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Besides what AngiBe said, you will not be successful with only one battery! Think of the charge time, that's when you will be most likely to fail and 'chip' an analog. Sure, you can say "I'll charge it every night, I will not vape enough to drain it before then', well, based on your 24mg choice I doubt that plan is foolproof. Also, Ang said more replacement coils, since you have to buy 5 at a time, I think one pack of replacements is enough for your first order. Good luck, Halo has worked for many of us.
    The minitank fits on the Triton batt and is the easy way to start out testing juice.
    jefsview and AngiBe like this.

Thank you AngiBe and boxcarmike for your comments.

How about the Triton tanks and keeping the wicks wet? If you have at least some juice and twirl once in a while then it's not a hassle at all? Is 0.5 - 1 ml juice enough to keep the wicks wet?
    AngiBe likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
    Thank you AngiBe and boxcarmike for your comments.

How about the Triton tanks and keeping the wicks wet? If you have at least some juice and twirl once in a while then it's not a hassle at all? Is 0.5 - 1 ml juice enough to keep the wicks wet?
    Some of the TritonTwirl and tipping upside down works fine for me in those times that I can't top off the tank.

boxcarmike, I think I'll try one battery first. I'm trying to keep the first order under $100

VapeFight.com Founder Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
    Hello to all,

I'm about to start vaping and I'm thinking about getting a Halo Triton setup.

I'm planning to buy one of each:

1 Triton Variable Voltage Battery
    1 Triton Tank
    1 Triton USB charger
    1 Mini wall charger
    1 Tank Replacement Coil-- Coil Resistance 3.0 - 3.2 ohms
    1 Tobacco Sample pack -- 24 mg/ml - High Nicotine

Am I missing anything crucial here? Will I need multiple tanks?

Regarding the nicotine level, my initial thought is to get the 24 mg/ml e-liquids! I smoke American Spirits Organics (full flavor), about 4-6 cigarettes a day. The quantity of cigarettes is not too bad but these cigarettes do pack a decent punch. I'd appreciate your thoughts regarding the compatibility of the nicotine level vs what I smoke.

I'm also little bit confused about the Triton tank. It has 2.4 ml capacity but it is suggested that the e-juice should be kept at 2ml level at all times. Some people say you don't have to... It sounds like one needs to twirl the setup around to keep the all length of the wicks fully wet. Is that right?

Or are there better alternatives to this tank system like wick less etc..?

Also, what's the best way to sample different e-juices with this setup? Do we need to fill up 2.4 ml, vape little bit, pour back the e-liquid into its container, clean the tank and repeat? Is it easy to pour the left over juice from the Triton tank to the Halo juice bottles? Or can we use G6 mini tanks or G6 blank cartomizers with the Triton VV battery for testing out the juices?

Thanks,

Chinook
    Welcome to the wild and helpful world of Halo Nation! Lets back up for a moment if we could please:

More bang for the buck and more of what you really need to get started like this:

Triton Tank System Starter Kits | Halo Cigs

Then also get your coils and sample pack. This is a great way to get started and you also have the necessary "extras" that our resident Vaper Queen and my fellow Vegas Geek Boy have pointed out.

EDIT: Total cost $102.48

Good luck!

Last edited by SeniorBoy; 09-17-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Visit Vape Fight today! Fight for the survival of vaping. Resources to help us win the fight. Don't WAIT until the FDA takes away your right to vape! Join CASAA today!

Well, I just sent my order... I considered the kits but the charge ratings of those batteries were lower. I ended up ordering one VV battery and two Triton tanks, high ohm coils, two chargers and the tobacco sampler.

I invested two and a half months of cigarette money into this. I hope it pays off...

Next step is to convince my girlfriend for me to vape inside, in front of the window with the fan turned the other way blowing towards outside
    Last edited by Chinook; 09-17-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    petermatra and AngiBe like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

As far as loading multiple tanks and keep the wicks wet...Triton tanks are way better than most in the fact they don't leak..at least I've never had one leak. I keep the batts w/tanks and the tanks that are loaded and read to go ALL stored laying in a flat upward angle on my vape "station". This way, at least one wick is constantly staying soaked. Other tanks have to be stored upright and with a top coil, you don't keep the wicks wet that way.

I also load a tank, lay it sideways for around 20-30 minutes and let the wicks get wet. Getting a dry or burnt hit is nasty..

Here's a pick, but the dang thing is rotated...

Attachment 252619

ProVari | byLeo | REO| Halo

By the way with VV Triton battery, is it pretty obvious which voltage to use once you try every voltage settings for a juice?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast