Nicotine Level - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Nicotine Level

I've been curious about this...I started at 24mg and don't have any desire to lower my nic but should I?

I like my nic just like I like my caffeine and am so happy I can now get my nic "cleanly" with all the benefits of quitting analogs.

By the way, I realize I'm a grown man and can do whatever I want but I've read threads like this and the goal seems to be to get away from nicotine altogether. I started vaping so I could keep it
    chigal and CafeDigitalDiva like this.

Insane Halon ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Vapah View Post

By the way, I realize I'm a grown man and can do whatever I want but I've read threads like this and the goal seems to be to get away from nicotine altogether. I started vaping so I could keep it
    good point! imma grown man! i do what i want too!!

as long as my mom says ok
    Moral victories don't count...

I have just become interested in elminating the intake of things that are not supposed to be in my body. Nicotine, Aspratame, corn syrup, Fluoride etc. I too love my nicotine but after lowering down 6 mg I see now it is not actually needed. And is easier avoidable then I have ever thought.

Now caffine,haha well you will have to pry that from my dead hands.

I'm at 6mg and I try to vape 0 as much as possible to be less dependent on nic. Personally, all the flavors test better to me at 6mg and 0mg compared to 12mg.

Insane Halon ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i want to actually increase things that aren't supposed to be in my body....i figure if i can intake enough heavy metals and salts, i can mummify myself and live into the far future, when i will become a king among the throngs of the post apocalyptic world!

mummy wheezal! RAWR!!
    Moral victories don't count...

Super Member ECF Veteran Fulgurant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Preluder77 View Post
    I have just become interested in elminating the intake of things that are not supposed to be in my body. Nicotine, Aspratame, corn syrup, Fluoride etc. I too love my nicotine but after lowering down 6 mg I see now it is not actually needed. And is easier avoidable then I have ever thought.

Now caffine,haha well you will have to pry that from my dead hands.
    That's fine, and I wish you luck, but the nicotine by itself (and in vaping relevant dosages) isn't any more harmful than caffeine. Of course it probably isn't a bad idea to wean yourself away from nicotine, but I think a lot of people (not necessarily you) sabotage themselves by trying to escape the nicotine too early. Witness the OP's story.

To the extent that vaping carries any risk (and the risk is miniscule, based on what we know now), that risk has nothing to do with nicotine, for the general populace. Granted, some people have advanced health conditions that don't go well with nicotine, but that's true of caffeine and any number of other substances too.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good, is all I'm saying. Just moving from cigarettes to high-nic vapor reduces your potential harm by ~99%. Anything more than that is icing.

Quote Originally Posted by Halofan2013 View Post
    I'm at 6mg and I try to vape 0 as much as possible to be less dependent on nic. Personally, all the flavors test better to me at 6mg and 0mg compared to 12mg.
    I've read that juices taste better at lower levels and that would be the only reason I'd try a lower nic level (at this point anyway). I love my vices and especially now that I have a clean alternative to get my nicotine.

I agree with Fulgurant wholeheartedly and do wish Preluder77 (and anyone else) the best of luck if that's their choice.

However, to rid yourself of everything that isn't supposed to be in your body is going to leave you drinking "distilled" water and eating grass based on what I see/read/and hear everyday (or so it seems).

It kind of reminds me of the commercial that says to check with your doctor to see if your heart is healthy enough for sex. To which I reply, and if it's not then just shoot me now cos what's the point

Quote Originally Posted by Fulgurant View Post
    Of course it probably isn't a bad idea to wean yourself away from nicotine, but I think a lot of people (not necessarily you) sabotage themselves by trying to escape the nicotine too early. Witness the OP's story.
    I don't think that relapsing after being 9 months nicotine free has anything to do with how quickly I lowered my nicotine levels.
    Fulgurant likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Fulgurant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sflorian View Post
    I don't think that relapsing after being 9 months nicotine free has anything to do with how quickly I lowered my nicotine levels.
    Maybe not in your case; I concede that 9 months is a long time. That said, there are stories all over this forum about people who fell off the wagon within much smaller periods after reducing/eliminating their nicotine intake. The point is that vaping is a tobacco replacement or alternative, not necessarily a nicotine-cessation product.
    Last edited by Fulgurant; 10-29-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

And a GREAT alternative it is at that!

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to open a can of worms but just found it curious that so many folks seem to want to get away from nicotine while so many seem to be the same folks loving their morning coffee.

When I stumbled upon vaping, I was thrilled knowing that I could have nicotine cleanly and give up smoking.

Vaping is the cure for smoking...hey that'd make a great bumper sticker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast