Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Nicotine Level

Default Nicotine Level

Has anyone here gotten their level down to zero? I've amassed a fair collection of gear, and I'm in love with all the wonderful flavors and gear I have. I've gone from 18 to 12, and I'm about to start 6. I want to get to zero and become completely free, but I feel like I will miss it. Is there anyone around here that got down to 0% nicotine and continues to use their gear regularly? Or maybe only uses nicotine occasionally?

A few years back, I got down to 0% nic, and I immediately lost interest in using my gear. I basically carried it with me for two weeks, probably only pulled it out three times. Started smoking about 9 months later. I remember the switch from 6mg (or whatever it was then) to 0mg was the easiest step of them all, I'm just worried about relapse. I'm older and (at least in theory) wiser, but it does make me nervous.

Anyone on the low end of the nic-spectrum have any thoughts or experiences?

P.S. - I plan on keeping a lot of my gear for a long time.
    AngiBe and CafeDigitalDiva like this.

My wife and I started at 18mg and have steped down once a month and are currently at 6 mg. I already find my self able to go long periods without vaping at all. Plan on just dropping it all together after I vap up the hundreds of mls of various juice I have. Wont go to 0 nic. I don't see the point in vaping when there is no addiction. And I already feel Icould drop it easily while still at 6mg. I have no fear of relapsing to analogs. With the help of eliquids I have already defeated that mental demon.

PV Master Verified Member rbeckys8's Avatar

well I'm worried about 0 nic...I'm not ready yet but it's only been 5 months at 6mg..guess I will see!
    CafeDigitalDiva likes this.

5 months at 6mg, mabe its just me but that's a long time. I had my last cig aug 1st. Used 18mg for august, 12mg for sept and now 6mg for this month. I was a 2 pack of reds a day smoker for 17yrs.But I have made the switch with complete ease from stinkies to eliquid and with lowering nic strength. You could always get some 0 nic and mix with 6mg to get 3 mg for an additional step. That might help you some.
    WillyZee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Preluder77 View Post
    My wife and I started at 18mg and have steped down once a month and are currently at 6 mg. I already find my self able to go long periods without vaping at all. Plan on just dropping it all together after I vap up the hundreds of mls of various juice I have.
    Thanks. This was my experience exactly (in my former life). It's nice to hear. I'm starting to feel just as trapped with this e-cig thing as I did with smoking. I've been going at about the same rate of dropping levels as you, and its good to hear that others are in a "leisurely hurry" to get out completely. I'm excited for more space in my pockets, and more space in my brain (I can't believe all the e-cig trivia I've acquired.)
    CafeDigitalDiva likes this.

Large Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I am switching from 6mg to zero right now. I am waiting for some DIY supplies to come in (PG,VG, and syringes) so I can start messing with flavors. I am going to stick with stronger flavors like menthol and clove to keep the illusion of TH, but I am also sticking with a few flavors I really enjoy, like Tribeca and Southern Classic, as well as a few others. I am not really worried about the nicotine buzz as much as I am about the impact of going zero nic will have on flavor perception. That's why I am going to chase a great "Fire & Ice" flavor mixed with plenty of PG that should keep the nic demons at bay.
    sflorian likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

smoked 30+ years ... my first juice purchase was a 30ml bottle of 24mg and a bottle of 16mg tobacco flavour ... never even tried the 24mg

bought some fruit flavoured 12mg and quit smoking ... will start DIY soon and will go down to 6 ... 3 ... 0
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

PV Master Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Started at 18mg and dropped to 16/12 in about 2 1/2 months. I still have to use 18 when I'm stressed tho so I know I will probably be on 16/12 for a bit. But I was surprised I dropped that quick. I expected to be on 18 for a while!

Not sure how I will feel about vaping when I can drop to zero. I enjoy the TH a lot and feel like zero will greatly diminish the experience but not sure.
    JohnnyDill likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've been at 6 for at least two months.

I've vaped 0 for those continuous vaping sessions, but since I've stopped doing that, I'm back to 6 exclusively.

i plan to keep vaping 6 until it looses its appeal.

Insane Halon Supporting Member wheezal's Avatar

i cant even fathom zero...but then i have no concept of the mathematical nature of null values....that and math is evil sorcery, and i refuse to practice that.

i started on 12 and it felt light, but after the last month-ish, it's feeling much more comfortable, if that gets too heavy i'll drop from there.

perhaps one day i'll jsut skip 0 and go into negative nicotine! vaping actually draws nicotine from your body and expelles...explelles...exselles.....and blows it out into the wild to live free for its remaining days! i imagine a meadow with lots of flowers like there my first puppy went to live when i was a kid. and surely he still lives there even 30 years later right?!? RIGHT?!?
    Moral victories don't count...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast