Question - Triton Tanks - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Question - Triton Tanks

Ultra Member Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

Yeah, I have a mini protank and a few 510 clearos - I hate them all - fiddly, leaky pieces of *.*.*.* LOL Apart from cartotanks, Tritons are my favorite for reliability.
    DaveOno and gopher_byrd like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I will try Dave's suggestions when I get home and report back. Some good debugging ideas there.

Although I'm a new vaper, I'm pushing close to Medicare age. Smoking stinkys for 47 years. No More.

Ultra Member Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

Ah...I was forgetting these are top coil and so the coils don't screw directly into the base! Thank you ....(off to do some testing..I have one that keeps giving me an intermittent burned taste, even with different coils!)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOno View Post
    Yes, you are. The tank has to have 2 conductors to get from the bat to the coil. One is the body of the center tube, the other is a thin wire that runs from the center of the base /battery to the center of the coil head. If that wire touches the tube, it shorts.
    Like you can have a short in a table lamp without a bulb.

Capishe?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

I haven't had any issues with my Triton tanks except for one Tank that leaked a very slow leak. I had to sit it off the battery and let it sit on a papertowel overnight and just let it leak so the next day I could see where it was leaking from. I had it sitting straight up not on it's side and it was leaking on the outside on the bottom where the tank meets the silver part. I'd suggest trying to find out where the leak is coming from.

One of my favorite flavors is JC Vanda 100% VG (I have Rainer steeping, can't wait I love cherry's) anyways I am vaping on my 2nd refill of Vanda and I haven't had any issues with the JC juice. It is thicker and as long as I'm not chain vaping it and lay it down every few minutes it wicks fine. But if I'm chain vaping a little too much it won't wick as fast as I want it to, so to compensate I'll suck a second to help draw up the juice before I hit the button on the battery. Warning if you do this too often or if it isn't really needed you will get juice in your mouth. Also if you happen to be doing this you can be getting too much juice to the coil and you will cause the juice to leak into the center tube.

The battery blinking 3 times? Was this tank shorting out your batteries?
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Alison, Sofi, & Serenity~~~~~~~

CASAA Member

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Oh sorry and welcome JavaDan!

CASAA Member

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    Oh sorry and welcome JavaDan!
    No Worries. Thanks. I've got some of the Ranier up the tip a couple times, and it's actually pretty tasty raw. I like it so much that sometimes I feel like I'm addicted to it. I just ordered another 30 ml. Haven't tried Vanda yet, but you're the 2nd person today that said I should.

PV Master Verified Member DaveOno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaDan View Post
    I will try Dave's suggestions when I get home and report back. Some good debugging ideas there.

Although I'm a new vaper, I'm pushing close to Medicare age. Smoking stinkys for 47 years. No More.
    Logical approach. Battery alone, no blinks? Then battery with tank without coil. Blinks? Same tank without on a different battery blinks? You then have a shorted tank.

Look closely at the bottom of the tank. The center spot with the hole and the screwdriver slot should be centered. You might see a bit of the insulating grommet between the center and the base. Make sure it's all concentric. Maybe even try a 1/8 twist clockwise (while looking at the bottom) Maybe you tightened a coil a bit too much, and it spun the center post a bit on the tank base. So try to move it A LITTLE BIT in the other direction might untwist the little wire.

If that fails, smack it hard onto the table. It's broke anyway, and it'll make you feel better.

Hey, if it's gone, you got a good run out of it. For $7 you get a new one (with a coil!).

Send the old tank to BigBen. He's got a glass project, and needs parts for his Frankensteinian hobby.

Or send the tank to CafeDigitalDiva. She lost a VV, and the two of them can be interred together.

(or in a bizarro world, "Manuel" will only work with a shorted tank???)

Yes, waitress, I'll have another Maker's Mark neat...

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

No Worries. Thanks. I've got some of the Ranier up the tip a couple times, and it's actually pretty tasty raw. I like it so much that sometimes I feel like I'm addicted to it. I just ordered another 30 ml. Haven't tried Vanda yet, but you're the 2nd person today that said I should.
    How long do you have to let Rainer steep? It smells like Cherry NyQuil so I've been afraid to vape it yet. But yes I love Vanda, to me it tastes just like yellow cake batter even though it is Vanilla Custard.

CASAA Member

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    How long do you have to let Rainer steep? It smells like Cherry NyQuil so I've been afraid to vape it yet. But yes I love Vanda, to me it tastes just like yellow cake batter even though it is Vanilla Custard.
    I did 2 days with the cap off, then about a week and a half before I vaped it. Tastes better than it smells - kind of like an single malt scotch.
    Nanny22 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I did 2 days with the cap off, then about a week and a half before I vaped it. Tastes better than it smells - kind of like an single malt scotch.
    Great thanks! Mine will need another day airing out. LOL If it is as good as I hope, it will taste great mixed with the Vanda.
    DaveOno and Nanny22 like this.

CASAA Member

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast