Question - Triton Tanks
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Question - Triton Tanks

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Question - Triton Tanks

Hi All. I'm a newbie. Started vaping about 4 weeks ago and tobacco free since then.

I have a Triton kit, some extra tanks and coils and am now using a Halo VV battery.

So far, my experience has been fantastic, but I've had issues with a couple of my tanks:

1. Vaping with Belgian Cocoa for about a week on the VV (3.8 - 4.3 volts), then all of a sudden when I pressed the button, it would blink 3 times and not work. I put it on a 650 mah battery and had the same issue. I figured the coil was probably toast. I cleaned the tank and replaced the coil/wicks (3.0 ohm), but it still won't work on any of my 3 batteries. The tank was not leaking. The battery is dry.

Any clues what this issue is?

2. I had a tank filled with Johnson Creek Ranier. It's on the thick side (all VG). That's my favorite ADV. I went through about 3 tanks and all of a sudden it started leaking. I replaced the coil with a new one, and it still leaks. It has gotten progressively worse and got to the point that I could only get one hit and had to blow it out and dry the battery - even with a new coil and wicks. Before you ask, the coil is tight and the condom is properly placed.

I recall reading someplace that the tanks will generally last 2-3 weeks before needing to be replaced. I assumed that this replacement was for the coil/wick assembly. I'm now thinking that the tanks themselves need to be replaced. Which is true?

Ultra Member* Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar

I have never had a problem with any of my Triton tanks! I wonder if you need to clean and Noalox the top of your batteries? You might head on over to the Halo for some more brand specific help!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

Hadn't heard of Noalox before. Just googled it. I might try that - better than throwing away 2 tanks.

No harm if it doesn't work.

Sorry - I was reading the forum on my phone waiting in the car and didn't realize you were already posting in the Halo Forum Try to clean the top of the battery with a little alcohol first, then a tiny bit of Noalox! It can't be the physical tanks themselves, so it's either the coil or the connection on the battery. Just to be sure, after you've cleaned them, I'd plug the vv in for a full charge - make sure the light is solid blue before removing it (in case you weren't sure).

I recently had a juice that was 100% VG that wouldn't wick at all. I have heard you can add a couple of drops of distilled water to fix this, but I didn't try it.

Supporting Member

I also read somewhere that vodka can also be added to thin it.

Why do you say it can't be the tank? Are there any seals in there that could have gone bad?

Sorry, I was referring to the first part of your post about the coil not firing regarding the tank itself. Hmmm, the leaking...I still highly doubt it. where was it leaking from? If you fill it up with water and just hold it upside down does it leak? It's not like a Protank that has a gazillion o rings to leak, so unlikely I would think! But others will chime in, I'm sure. Are you sure when you clean it you're putting that little plastic sleeve back all the way down to the wicks? If you don't have it properly seated, the tank will flood.

I've had my tanks for a couple of months, cleaned them a bunch, and never had a problem. I think there is one thread on this forum where someone saw something strange about a tank, but leaking was not the problem (iirc).

Yes I believe you can thin with Vodka - might affect the flavor though (which might be a good thing LOL)

PV Master Verified Member DaveOno's Avatar

Hold on, I'll find the link to that thread. But do this.

With the tank on the battery WITHOUT the coil, push the button. If you get 3 blinks, the tank has a short. If you get a steady light for 4 to 5 secons, the tank is fine.

Try that, young JavaDan. And report back.

(or Old Java Dan, but he'd new to us)

Oh, and you are now a HALON!!!

We are Halon (c)2013 wheezal
    Evie Luv, Aviationrich and AmandaD like this.

Wait....DaveOno, how can a tank without a coil have a short???? Am I missing something here?
    DaveOno likes this.

And to the second part. fill the tank without the coil up to the 1.2 ml mark or so with PGA or Vodka. just not too much, under the level of the top of the inner tube. Let it sit for 5 minutes upright. Does it leak? Vodka or alcohol is thinner and less surface tension than water, so if it leaks, it shows quicker with the alcohol. (I leak much more with alcohol...)

But for no good reason, I have several non halo juices that just like to leak and flood. Does the coil know this is verbotten? Non Halo juice??
    But with one, I filled it all the way to the 2.4 line with non halo juice, and suffered through it, vaping, blowing clear, vape, blowing clear. After 10 or 15 hits, it started behaving. Maybe a buildup around the wicks/condom finally sealed up enough, and then it vaped fine. Even a few refills.

This is the only problems I have with the Triton tanks. That all of the sudden flooding leaking down the center tube. It happens 5% of the time.

Other users using other clearos and tanks wish they had only 5% problems!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaD View Post
    Wait....DaveOno, how can a tank without a coil have a short???? Am I missing something here?
    Yes, you are. The tank has to have 2 conductors to get from the bat to the coil. One is the body of the center tube, the other is a thin wire that runs from the center of the base /battery to the center of the coil head. If that wire touches the tube, it shorts.
    Like you can have a short in a table lamp without a bulb.

Capishe?
    Evie Luv and gopher_byrd like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast