Easy Triton Re-wick With Cotton and Silica - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Easy Triton Re-wick With Cotton and Silica

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 69CamaroSS View Post
    If one re-wicks with cotton, then wouldn't dry burning no longer be an option since the cotton will scorch/burn where silica wouldn't?
    No dry burning cotton

PV Master Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Thought so. Then personally, I don't see the advantage of the trouble to do it unless you have a silica sensitivity. I'm all about dry burning to maintain good hot-burning coils and therefore vapor production. Just seems a bunch easier to rinse, dry burn, refill and vape without all the fuss

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 69CamaroSS View Post
    Thought so. Then personally, I don't see the advantage of the trouble to do it unless you have a silica sensitivity. I'm all about dry burning to maintain good hot-burning coils and therefore vapor production. Just seems a bunch easier to rinse, dry burn, refill and vape without all the fuss
    Huh?

First photo of this procedure has the following caption: "Here's a used Triton coil disassembled, after a dry burn."

You can't dry burn with cotton inside the coil. But you can dry burn after removing the silica, and before replacing it with cotton.

You can then pull out the used cotton, do another dry burn, and replace it with fresh cotton ad infinitum (or at least until the coil itself wears out).

Rinsing and dry-burning (with the wick in place) are okay to prolong life, but those wicks will wear out eventually, usually before the coil itself does.
    Last edited by Joe13; 04-09-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: additional info

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234