In a happy vape haze with my new Triton! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: In a happy vape haze with my new Triton!

PV Master ECF Veteran CafeDigitalDiva's Avatar

I agree about the finish on it. It's pretty tough. I've had mine since Oct. and it's been EVERYWHERE! If it survived the bottom of my purse w/o nary a scratch, it can take just about ANYTHING! lol

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CafeDigitalDiva View Post
    I agree about the finish on it. It's pretty tough. I've had mine since Oct. and it's been EVERYWHERE! If it survived the bottom of my purse w/o nary a scratch, it can take just about ANYTHING! lol
    That is more great news! As soon as I can bring myself to let these little beauties leave my hands, I won't have to fret. I love the satin feel of my G6 and almost went with jet black again. Glad I came to my senses.

Funny thing, my cat was mildly annoyed by the vape on the G6, but she immediately left the room over the Triton. I hope she doesn't make me choose...
    CafeDigitalDiva likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran CafeDigitalDiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAwaters View Post
    That is more great news! As soon as I can bring myself to let these little beauties leave my hands, I won't have to fret. I love the satin feel of my G6 and almost went with jet black again. Glad I came to my senses.

Funny thing, my cat was mildly annoyed by the vape on the G6, but she immediately left the room over the Triton. I hope she doesn't make me choose...
    LOL! Too cute! My kitty used to take all of my batts, (no tanks on them) and hide them in her bed. She just liked to rub her face on them. I know she was 'marking' them as her own! OOooo I love that satiny finish as well. I was really impressed with the G6 compared to some of the other stick batts that just feel like cheap plastic or something.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CafeDigitalDiva View Post
    LOL! Too cute! My kitty used to take all of my batts, (no tanks on them) and hide them in her bed. She just liked to rub her face on them. I know she was 'marking' them as her own! OOooo I love that satiny finish as well. I was really impressed with the G6 compared to some of the other stick batts that just feel like cheap plastic or something.
    Everything is hers as far as my cat is concerned. You gave me an idea though - find a way to get her to make friends with the Triton. Without stealing them, chewing them, peeing on them or scratching them. A challenge for sure.
    CafeDigitalDiva likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey, LA.
    Glad you are liking the Triton.

Belgian does like it cooler. A minitank is too hot for it. In fact, I found a standard tank (with the standard 2.2 coil) Is a little too hot sometimes for Belgian. But try this.

The bat comes off the charger at about 4.2 volts, drops to 4.1 within 10 hits, then slowly fades to about 3.7 or 3.6 when it blinks to charge. So, once you figure out how long the bat will last you, vape the Belgian in the last half of the bat's discharge. It'll vape a bit cooler, and will really shine.

Alternately, you can get higher resistance coils for the Belgian, or get the VV bat.

And after 6+ months, my irridescents still look near pristine!
    69CamaroSS likes this.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOno View Post
    Hey, LA.
    Glad you are liking the Triton.

Belgian does like it cooler. A minitank is too hot for it. In fact, I found a standard tank (with the standard 2.2 coil) Is a little too hot sometimes for Belgian. But try this.

The bat comes off the charger at about 4.2 volts, drops to 4.1 within 10 hits, then slowly fades to about 3.7 or 3.6 when it blinks to charge. So, once you figure out how long the bat will last you, vape the Belgian in the last half of the bat's discharge. It'll vape a bit cooler, and will really shine.

Alternately, you can get higher resistance coils for the Belgian, or get the VV bat.

And after 6+ months, my irridescents still look near pristine!
    Hey Dave! Thanks for that advice, cause I do so love Belgian. Straight up and mixed. I figured it's best on the G6 for now, but I much prefer my shiny new Triton! Time to order from Halo again. And here I told myself the last time would be the last time. (heh heh)

All you pet lovers who think it's cute that your pet likes your stuff, keep your Vape away from your pets. If they break the tank and drink the liquid, it can kill them. My lab stole my vape one night and he chewed up the battery and the tip. Luckily he didn't chew the tank. Again, a few ml of eliquid can kill your pet! Be advised!
    LAwaters and FallenRawToast like this.

And as an afterthought to that PSA, the Triton Iridescent batteries look great and they don't scratch as easily as I first thought. I used a synthetic protective automotive wax on my first thinking it would help to protect, which maybe it does. The battery finish is pretty stout. I accidently slam it into my aluminum shifter several time a day when I drive and it rattles around in my pocket with my keys and I have yet to find a scratch.
    LAwaters likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rt1Rebel View Post
    All you pet lovers who think it's cute that your pet likes your stuff, keep your Vape away from your pets. If they break the tank and drink the liquid, it can kill them. My lab stole my vape one night and he chewed up the battery and the tip. Luckily he didn't chew the tank. Again, a few ml of eliquid can kill your pet! Be advised!
    Hi.
    True. I checked this out:
    The toxic dose for nicotine in pets is 1/2-1 mg per pound of pet body weight, while the lethal dose is 4 mg per pound of pet body weight.
    http://www.veterinarypartner.com
    So, a 20 pound dog would get sick from 1 Triton tank of 12mg. The same dog would require 80mg for a fatal dose, a 7ml sample of 12mg is enough to be fatal.
    Let's also mention children. Please, friends, keep the bottles locked up if small children are in or even visiting your household.
    LAwaters likes this.

Supporting Member

@RT1Rebel and Dave - absolutely correct, and points well made. I encountered that info when researching e-liquid and vaping safety. And the toxicity for animals is why I keep the bottles in a locked box and in a high cabinet with a heavy door. My gear is also always out of reach and not left unattended. No joking matter that.

I just want her to make friends with the clouds and not run every time she sees the shiny tie-dye in my hand.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast