Halo G6 performing poorly with non-Halo juices? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Halo G6 performing poorly with non-Halo juices?

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Alabama just a small town kind of girl...Not Greenbo

Hey CuppaJoe and Welcome!!! Thinner PG juice will soak into the poly quicker, so I add 4-5 drops all around the edge while tilting the carto and rotate while I fill it. Then I sit it down for a minute. I have a 100% VG juice that is extremely thick. I can only add 1-2 drops at a time to let it soak into the poly and I have to let it sit about 3 minutes before I add more. Also if your in a hurry you can "shake down" the juice like you would a thermometer.

In a new carto, I usually get 25 drops into it. If you fill slowly avoiding the center tube letting it soak in good you should not have any leaking. You can tell it is finally "full" when the poly looks mushy glazed on the top. After getting it completely full, I still allow it to sit about 10 minutes standing up. I then check the battery end to make sure I didn't overfill and have leaks. If there is juice on the battery end I clean it with a Q-tip soaked in isopropyl alchohol.

Like Saundhaus was saying I too love the whole ritual of being patient and taking my time filling cartos, it is soothing and relaxing for me. An empty carto will hold 1 ml of juice. You can use a syringe to fill quicker by just putting the needle down the side of the polyfill or you can use the "condom method" fill a condom that doesn't have the center post with just over half of juice then slowly press the carto into the condom with the battery end NOT the poly end and let it just sit there and soak it all up. Just make sure you clean the battery end of the carto after using this method.

Like jwbnyc said that raspy sound is the carto being over full just vape through it and it will normal out for you.

I don't really wash or clean my cartos. I dedicate it to a flavor and then just refill as needed. When a carto comes near the end of it's life it will start to taste airy, less vapor and less satisfying. When it is toast you will have a gawd awful severly burnt taste that you will never want to repeat. My cartos usually last about 2 months or 5-6 complete refills. They will last longer keeping them topped off instead of letting it get too low before refilling.

Also juices like Voodoo or darker juices will gunk it up quicker so those cartos won't last as long as the clear thinner juices. And if your getting "dry hits" your juice is either too thick and isn't wicking well, I have a 100% VG that is like this, when this happens you can shake the juice down or slow down on your vaping. I think we all tend to just keep puffing away like it is an analog. Like DaveOno reminds me, it's okay to put it down between toots.
    ~~~~~~~For my Nieces Sofi, Allison & Chloe Sydelle~~~~~~~

CASAA Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwbnyc View Post
    Hello and welcome CuppaJoe!

By raspy, I assume you mean a raspy throat? Or do you mean a raspy sound?

If raspy throat, you may be getting dry hits due to using a thicker juice that is not feeding too well through the carto.

Or you may just not be getting enough liquid in the carto to begin with and then you are experiencing dry hits as the carto is drying out.

My bet would be the latter.

I'd suggest the carto condo method of re-filling in that case.

If you mean raspy sound, cartos will make that sound when they are full. It will gradually diminish as the carto empties.

Your cartos will not last for 200 puffs.

You will need to top them off fairly often. It is easier to do this if you have a drip tip fitted as opposed to the little white silicon cap. I tend to top off when the sound that the carto is making smooths out in fact.

Another good indication that you need to refill is - surprise! - when you start to get a slight scratchy feeling in the back of your throat.

That is an insipid dry hit happening right there. This is what I think you are experiencing.

Now, I knd of like it when the cartos start to get down towards empty. But if you take it too far in that direction you will burn your carto and then it is toast.

HTH
    Thanks very much for the helpful info! Yep, I mean raspyness in terms of throat hit/mouth feel.

I'll be sure to make note of dripping more often and making sure I don't get to the infamous dry hit point

Have a fresh pack of blank g6 cartos and will carefully, slowly fill them with this delicious Mountain Oak Vapor RY4.

Quote Originally Posted by Evie Luv View Post
    Hey CuppaJoe and Welcome!!! Thinner PG juice will soak into the poly quicker, so I add 4-5 drops all around the edge while tilting the carto and rotate while I fill it. Then I sit it down for a minute. I have a 100% VG juice that is extremely thick. I can only add 1-2 drops at a time to let it soak into the poly and I have to let it sit about 3 minutes before I add more. Also if your in a hurry you can "shake down" the juice like you would a thermometer.

In a new carto, I usually get 25 drops into it. If you fill slowly avoiding the center tube letting it soak in good you should not have any leaking. You can tell it is finally "full" when the poly looks mushy glazed on the top. After getting it completely full, I still allow it to sit about 10 minutes standing up. I then check the battery end to make sure I didn't overfill and have leaks. If there is juice on the battery end I clean it with a Q-tip soaked in isopropyl alchohol.

Like Saundhaus was saying I too love the whole ritual of being patient and taking my time filling cartos, it is soothing and relaxing for me. An empty carto will hold 1 ml of juice. You can use a syringe to fill quicker by just putting the needle down the side of the polyfill or you can use the "condom method" fill a condom that doesn't have the center post with just over half of juice then slowly press the carto into the condom with the battery end NOT the poly end and let it just sit there and soak it all up. Just make sure you clean the battery end of the carto after using this method.

Like jwbnyc said that raspy sound is the carto being over full just vape through it and it will normal out for you.

I don't really wash or clean my cartos. I dedicate it to a flavor and then just refill as needed. When a carto comes near the end of it's life it will start to taste airy, less vapor and less satisfying. When it is toast you will have a gawd awful severly burnt taste that you will never want to repeat. My cartos usually last about 2 months or 5-6 complete refills. They will last longer keeping them topped off instead of letting it get too low before refilling.

Also juices like Voodoo or darker juices will gunk it up quicker so those cartos won't last as long as the clear thinner juices. And if your getting "dry hits" your juice is either too thick and isn't wicking well, I have a 100% VG that is like this, when this happens you can shake the juice down or slow down on your vaping. I think we all tend to just keep puffing away like it is an analog. Like DaveOno reminds me, it's okay to put it down between toots.
    Super, super helpful! Thank you so much, Evie. I'll be sure to follow all of the advice and report back after filling this new pack of blanks this afternoon

Cheers!

Also thanks to Saundhaus as well. Big ups.
    Evie Luv likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Non-Halo juices, especially the all-VG kind, may be thicker, so they won't soak as fast. That's fine if you're not chain vaping off of a carto, and everyone vapes at different rates.

Thick juices can affect performance, a lot. It's possible to lower a thick juice's viscosity by adding a bit of water to it. One or two drops for every ~ 2mL is usually enough. The hard part, is making sure that it's mixed in the juice correctly.

I've been able to cram as much as 35 drops (of a Halo juice) in other cartos (drop size varies with viscosity). It definitely takes patience, more than I cared to commit, which is why I switched to Triton, but I still use a minitank, on occasion.
    Evie Luv likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12