Ego Booster FAQ - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Ego Booster FAQ

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have genuine Ego-T batts (4 of them). I use the LR atty and a Type B tank.
    I am trying to taste more of my juices and on the verge of ordering different attys and some cartos for it.
    I do believe that the Tank System does bring out some juices like other set-ups do not, but there are some juices that suffer.

With my Ego-T LR Type B tank system, what differences in flavor can I expect/hope with the booster. I hope this is a fair question.

Thanks!

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fsroq View Post
    ...So it also can be used on a 2*3 V batterie mod? Or not, because these batteries fresh of the charger will be 2*3.5 V...
    This is a good question. Yes, fresh from the charger a pair of stacked 3.0v batteries puts out around 7.0v, but that's without load. Under load, even fresh from the charger, the voltage drops to 6.0v or less. For instance, with my GGTS and fresh-from-the-charger 3.0v batteries, without load, I get 6.8v. Load it up with a 2.5ohm atty, and the output voltage drops to 5.6v. So there shouldn't be any issue using the buck capability on a 6.0v battery stack, but the Ego Booster's output voltage range will still be 3.3v - 4.7v.

Quote Originally Posted by dmj4 View Post
    With my Ego-T LR Type B tank system, what differences in flavor can I expect/hope with the booster. I hope this is a fair question. Thanks!
    Unfortunately I can't answer this question for you, as taste is very subjective and changes from person to person, juice to juice and day to day. For instance, I have one juice that's absolutely perfect on a 306 LR at 3.7v. I have another juice that only truly sings in a dual-coil eGo cartomizer at 4.2v, and yet another that, vaped on an 801 at around 4.2v is perfect on multiple levels. I could go on and on, but it wouldn't matter because these are only my preferences. Compounding the difficulty of answering this question is that what I love this week, I might not be so keen on next week, and another combination of juice/atty/voltage will be my all-day vape for a while.

Keep experimenting. Getting that perfect taste/vapor is far less a destination than it is a journey, with a lot of great stops along the way.

TBL36

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thinblueline36 View Post
    This is a good question. Yes, fresh from the charger a pair of stacked 3.0v batteries puts out around 7.0v, but that's without load. Under load, even fresh from the charger, the voltage drops to 6.0v or less. For instance, with my GGTS and fresh-from-the-charger 3.0v batteries, without load, I get 6.8v. Load it up with a 2.5ohm atty, and the output voltage drops to 5.6v. So there shouldn't be any issue using the buck capability on a 6.0v battery stack, but the Ego Booster's output voltage range will still be 3.3v - 4.7v.
    Thank You, this was a clear answer!

Ok... I was skeptical after I found out what this was...

I'm not going to get into anything really technical here because this is sold as a "plug-and-play" item.

My first impressions of the eGo Booster:

Nice package and box ( I'll post a picture later), directions and Black Boost (paint matches the black eGo-T perfect).

I put a LR 1.7 carto full of RY4 on the Booster and hooked it up to my eGo-T battery.

I messed around turning it from high to low and was able to adjust the Booster, so the juice in the carto gave me the the best flavor and vapor.

It works and it works really well.

I understand the love for variable voltage now!!!

It didn't like (work) with my Riva, but that was not a big deal to me...

I'm going to add more later but it's been really busy here.

Ask me a question and I'll answer it as best as I can.
    kelleymcm, Natalia and dmj4 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I went to see Jack/Rob today at the flea market and give this a test drive. 3 puffs and I was sold!
    I was already looking into VV but the price of a mod kept me back. This thing is a dream come true.
    dmj4 likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Are there any plans in making the booster in different colors - ie stainless?
    Last cig 9/5/10 @ 7am
    Redwood Burl Woodvil - Buzz Pro - Jatoba Oiled VV Woodvil - VV Grands
    Trippys on all - Phiniacs on Buzz Pro

Sashwa, we do intend to make other colors somewhere down the road, but for now I have to quote Henry Ford: "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black."

TBL36
    TWolf and sashwa like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran slimest's Avatar

thinblueline36, so you produce and sell this nice thing? If so, there is a very good opportunity to get answers to some my questions
    1. Do I understand correctly that this device works when input voltage is between 2.5 and 6 volts, even with usual li-ion battery? And it works with constant input voltage, not only with pulse, as we see using eGo accumulators? And when we use just accumulator as power supply, output voltage is non pulse? I mean - is an output capacitor on the board? This is very important for my project. On eGo I sometimes get false "overcurrent" - it is not a real short circuit, but just high frequency issue. I suspect that on your device with its 2.4 mhz frequency this problem could raise if there is no any output flattening capacitor. I don't mean flattening of eGo frequency, just flattening of 2.4 mhz.
    2. Is it real buck-boost system, i.e. it keeps for example 4.0 volts output voltage if input voltage changes from, say, 4.2 to 3.0 volts?
    3. Does it have it's own undervoltage (discharge) protection? I mean, if we use the device with an unprotected li-ion battery, is it able to automatically switch itself off when input valtage drops to, say, 2.5 or 3.0 v?
    4. 3A is a current of reliable operation, or it is a current, when overcurrent protection engaged?
    4. Last but not least: if I live in Russia, can I buy it?
    Thank you in advance. Your device looks very, very promising.
    Last edited by slimest; 07-15-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Slimest, thank you for posting your questions. Your answers are below. As always, credit for answers on technical questions goes to John.

1 - Yes. It is a completely self-contained 3A buck/boost switching power supply. It has all the proper input/output filtering built in. If you want to use it as a variable DC supply to power an electronic project (for instance), it'll work just fine.

2 - Yes. See answer #1.

3 - Yes, the undervoltage protection kicks in if the input drops below 2.5 volts, however we still recommend using only protected batteries.

4 - 3A is the maximum current the unit can supply. Any more than that and the overcurrent protection will kick in.

5 - You should be able to. Happy Vaper ships all over the world. You may have to contact Jack to get specific shipping details/cost for your country.

If you have any other questions, please post them.

Regards,

TBL36
    slimest likes this.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast