Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Ego Booster FAQ

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thinblueline36 View Post
    Slimest, thank you for posting your questions. Your answers are below. As always, credit for answers on technical questions goes to John.

1 - Yes. It is a completely self-contained 3A buck/boost switching power supply. It has all the proper input/output filtering built in. If you want to use it as a variable DC supply to power an electronic project (for instance), it'll work just fine.

2 - Yes. See answer #1.

3 - Yes, the undervoltage protection kicks in if the input drops below 2.5 volts, however we still recommend using only protected batteries.

4 - 3A is the maximum current the unit can supply. Any more than that and the overcurrent protection will kick in.

5 - You should be able to. Happy Vaper ships all over the world. You may have to contact Jack to get specific shipping details/cost for your country.

If you have any other questions, please post them.

Regards,

TBL36
    So, if I would put it on a 18650 NoEgo/Epower, and use it with a dual coil that rates 1.6 Ohm at 5 volts, that would be 3.125 Amps, and it wouldn,t work, right?

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fsroq View Post
    So, if I would put it on a 18650 NoEgo/Epower, and use it with a dual coil that rates 1.6 Ohm at 5 volts, that would be 3.125 Amps, and it wouldn,t work, right?
    The Ego Booster's maximum output voltage is 4.7v. At 4.7v the application above would require a current of 2.94 amps, which the Ego Booster can easily provide.

TBL36

Ultra Member ECF Veteran slimest's Avatar

thinblueline36, John, thank you for your answers. Your device seems just perfect for me. Everything what I need and nothing extra. One of the most inspiring things - simple analog adjustment. No digital "exersises": push 5 times, then jump twice, then wait 5 seconds etc... When come back home I sure order this regulator.
    Just to share information with you:
    I got false shorts using old native Joye eGo accumulators with Genesis. Genesis is an atomizer with a wick made from rolled stainless mesh. Accumulators rejected to work with these atomizers, showing short circuit, but according to measuring there was no short at all. I suspected that the heater works as a primary coil of a transformer and the mesh wick inside the heater coil could have its own shorts inside and could work as a shorted secondary coil. And obviously we could see this effect on AC or pulse power supply only, non DC. And it was right - when I soldered a ceramic capacitor in parallel to heater, these false shorts disappeared. I could see these "shorts" using old batteries only, approx made in summer 2010. If the eGo batteries made later, in 2011, no false shorts. Maybe firmware issues or something else...

Sorry for my English, hope that this info is useful.
    Last edited by slimest; 07-17-2011 at 02:41 PM.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thinblueline36 View Post
    The Ego Booster's maximum output voltage is 4.7v. At 4.7v the application above would require a current of 2.94 amps, which the Ego Booster can easily provide.

TBL36
    Sorry, I didn´t remember it goes up to 4.7. 4.7 volts is OK for me.

It would demand 2.94 amps at 4.7 volts, and at 3 amps it would cut off, right?

Wouldn´t it be bad if I am running it all the time at the limit (3 amps) of its capability? Would it last a reasonable time?

Today I asked my friend to purchase this device for me (I will be out of my home when it should arrive), but he says that the booster is out of stock...

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Happy Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimest View Post
    Today I asked my friend to purchase this device for me (I will be out of my home when it should arrive), but he says that the booster is out of stock...
    Hey slimest!

It's true. The eGo Booster is currently out of stock but it they should be available again in a day or two.

Call or email any time!

Happy Vaping!
    Jack

Smoke free since March 11, 2009!!!

Thank you, Jack! Seems that you are one of the great developers who made this excellent thing allowable and available for all. Thank you. Your work is really great - I imagine all problems with development and practical making such tiny and powerful thing. My hat off

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Happy Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimest View Post
    Thank you, Jack! Seems that you are one of the great developers who made this excellent thing allowable and available for all. Thank you. Your work is really great - I imagine all problems with development and practical making such tiny and powerful thing. My hat off
    Thank YOU, slimest!

Actually, I can't claim to be one of the development team. My hats off to them, as well! They outdid themselves.

We are proud to be working with Artisan Vaping to bring their awesome development to the vaping world!

Vape Happy!
    Jack

Smoke free since March 11, 2009!!!

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fsroq View Post
    It would demand 2.94 amps at 4.7 volts, and at 3 amps it would cut off, right? Wouldn´t it be bad if I am running it all the time at the limit (3 amps) of its capability? Would it last a reasonable time?
    You just go ahead and run your Ego Booster at max setting 24-7. It won't give out on you anytime soon, and we offer a one-year manufacturer's warranty on the electronics.

TBL36

ECF Veteran

OK, fair enough, Will get a 18650 NoEgo, and then order an Ego Booster to make it VV.
    Thx.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast