Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone else getting the hiccups from e-smoking?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default anyone else getting the hiccups from e-smoking?

it hasnt happened before today, but everytime i started e-smoking today , i get the hiccups. they go away after a while when i put it down but come right back again when i pick it up. annoying. anyone else experience this? i have been e-smoking for a week and it hasnt happened before.

Banned

Default Re: anyone else getting the hiccups from e-smoking?

No, no hiccups, no back pain.

Just thirsty, and I'm sneezing........but that might be allergies.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I've not experienced that, but am not surprised. On the snus forum I frequent, many new snusers report hiccups as a common side effect to using the little tobacco pouches. Of course, they are swallowing tobacco fluid, and hopefully you're not. You, however, might be "gulping" air -- leading to hiccups and/or burping more.

Another common side effect reported on that board? Insomnia. This seems to be proportionate to whether nicotine stimulates you or relaxes you. Stimulated types will have trouble falling asleep and many report vivid "nicotine dreams."

The most common effects of e-smoking seem to be sore throat, a hacking cough from the nicotine hitting the back of the throat, excessive phlegm production, headache from nicotine overdose, and leg cramps from propylene glycol becoming lactic acid in the lungs. Oh yeh, your urine might smell different. It's loaded with cotinine. Nothing dramatic to worry about though.

Banned

Bob, if your urine smells, you are not drinking enough water.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I try! I did say "might".

Banned

Yes,you did say "might".

I really am thirsty all the time, and drink loads of water.
    The other thing I do is squeeze out a lemon and drink that straight without adding any water first thing in the morning, before I drink my coffee.
    It's good for your liver.

Maybe I should switch over to wine.
    What do you think?

PV Master ECF Veteran

From research I did on heart health, a glass of wine a day is damn good for you. So is a single -- emphasize single -- beer. Or a single shot of liquor. I use that single shot in a daily milkshake made with low-fat frozen yogurt and low-fat milk. Works for me! Also good for your heart? Daily ounce or so of dark (not milk) chocolate. I have a bunch of things I've done a long time, like baby aspirin, etc., learned in my years as a health editor.

You sound like you're already savvy, however. No preaching to the choir.

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob
    From research I did on heart health, a glass of wine a day is damn good for you. So is a single -- emphasize single -- beer. Or a single shot of liquor. I use that single shot in a daily milkshake made with low-fat frozen yogurt and low-fat milk. Works for me! Also good for your heart? Daily ounce or so of dark (not milk) chocolate. I have a bunch of things I've done a long time, like baby aspirin, etc., learned in my years as a health editor.

You sound like you're already savvy, however. No preaching to the choir.
    I'm not savvy -- I'd love to have a list of simple things to do each day that would benefit my health. Quitting tobacco was the first step. Never heard about the lemon thing. Knew about the wine but can't do that and can't do the baby aspirin because of meds I take for several autoimmune diseases (sure cuts out a lot of the good stuff!!). I knew about the dark chocolate and have doing that for about six months now. (and no I"m not telling where I hide the choc stash). Oh and that condroiton stuff? It makes my knees hurt so bad I can't walk till the sh** gets out of my system entirely. Tried it twice with same results both times. Never again!

What else should we be doing?
    VP

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran leaford's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sanneke
    Yes,you did say "might".

I really am thirsty all the time, and drink loads of water.
    The other thing I do is squeeze out a lemon and drink that straight without adding any water first thing in the morning, before I drink my coffee.
    It's good for your liver.

Maybe I should switch over to wine.
    What do you think?
    I think the wine would be better at the end of the day. Although, I guess that would depend on the type of day.

I get hiccups from time to time when smoking normal cigarettes (but only when I try to inhale - if I stop smoking, the hiccup's gone. annoying, I tell you)
    Therefore, I think it's more connected to "inhaling stuff" or "nicotine" than to "e-smoking"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast