Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaping straight VG cause?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Vaping straight VG cause?

I have since gotten past this but thought I'd post and see what others had to say.

Few weeks ago I bought some Humco VG at Walmart to cut some juices. I tried vaping it straight and liked it because of all the vapor, there 0 nic, and it was a nice break from the strong flavors I use.

After about a week or little over I started to notice this little tightness in my chest when I lay down to go to sleep.
    First thought was wheezing, but I really couldn't hear a wheez. Its kind of hard to describe, but it was a feeling I had in the past when i smoked. Maybe a very mild shortness of breath.

Got to where it was becoming a concern, so I stopped vaping it, few days later it stopped. So I feel vaping straight VG was the cause.

But I keep wondering what/why it started and if anyone else experienced this.
    A true friend will stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde 1854-1900
    Smoke free since 0800 hours 07-10-2010

2. Advertisement

if you like it so much im sure you could find flavourless vg with 0nic

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm hesitant now. Was thinkng about PG instead or just 0 nic juice.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran lawnman3's Avatar

i have some flavorless i cold give ya ..it just has distilled water in it .. eco mix from cignot ..up to you ...

lawnman3.. im going that way to do a few lawn accounts...
    deal maker...GG fan...

oh tryed that vg it was not good for me dryed out my mouth ..not good...
    deal maker...GG fan...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

How long did you vape the plain VG? I had a similar thing happen that I've been blaming on overindulgence in cinnamon flavors, although I guess conceivably it could be due to an increase in my VG percentage from 33 to 45%.

Maybe because it was 0 everything, you felt free to hit the VG pretty hard and you're paying the price for going crazy...no matter how safe anything is, overdoing it can be problematic, and I would think that would apply to VG, too.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have been vaping 100% VG juice for over a year due to a severe allergic reaction to PG. Please check the symptoms of stopping smoking and see if any of them seem familiar to you. I had some wheezing for a couple of months and excess mucus; however, that phase passed and the only VG related symptom I still seem to have is a drier mouth so I drink more fluids.

I'm not saying that no one has a reaction to VG, but from my experience, many vaping related "symptoms" are related to stopping regular smoking and they do pass with time. That said, if you feel a serious reservation about a liquid, then please don't vape it.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

lawnman3, thanks for the offer, thats really nice of you.

simplesins, I was vaping it for about a week. And agreed, anything done in excess is not good. I wasn't chain vaping, but it wasn't light use either.

bitey, I'm thinking it was the VG as the symptoms went away after stopping it's use.

I get the impression that maybe the VG was too thick? I mean look at the suff you get from the store and compare to VG you get for making e-juice. It is apparent that the VG his thinner. Maybe cutting it with distilled water like lawnman3 has would be a better alternative.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Due to a PG sensitivity I DIY and use VG exclusively with the exception of the PG in some of my flavorings. I do dilute the VG with about 18% distilled water.

18 % is the right number .. i was told from my juice supplyer .. as for flavoring i don't know .. that awnser ..

lawnman3...
    deal maker...GG fan...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast