Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Mouth Ulcers, PG vs VG, etc

Just rinse out your mouth with salty water and that will clear it up,I had the same problem.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nansc View Post
    Just rinse out your mouth with salty water and that will clear it up,I had the same problem.
    That helps when one is already present, but the goal for me is keeping from getting them in the first place.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks Jammin for ALL the information! I am suffering with them terribly and really hope it is not the PG as I am a throat-hit type of gal! I'm gonna try the tooth paste you suggested and lots of B-12!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    Thanks Jammin for ALL the information! I am suffering with them terribly and really hope it is not the PG as I am a throat-hit type of gal! I'm gonna try the tooth paste you suggested and lots of B-12!
    Best of luck! I hope it works for you like it did me. I was amazed that once I made the switch, the sores disappeared. And without fail, when I run out and have to use my boyfriend's Crest, I get one almost by the next day.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4mehealth View Post
    WOH, if not biotene, there are some in the Sensodyne line that doesn't have SLS.

*Never knew of it until my son started getting cankers. Switched toothpaste and it was all good.
    I have not been able to find Sensodyne without SLS yet. Maybe they make one that doesn't have it, but I have not found it. Sensodyne will also cause me to get ulcers. To anyone else reading, I wouldn't suggest using it unless there is no type of SLS (sodium laureth or laurel sulfate) in it.

4mehealth, do you know what specific type of Sensodyne this was that you found without it? I'd like to find an alternate brand myself for times when I am in a store that is out of biotene or doesnt carry it.

Wow, I had no idea mouth sores were so common to vaping. I have a bad one right now. I know it's from a bridgeless low resistance atty I tried out for a week. It not only shot hot juice into my mouth, but this atty had lower resistance than I thought I'd ordered .. so the vape was much hotter than what's good for me. Just for info .. I only direct drip and only use 100% VG juice (ecopure).

I just checked my toothpaste (have been using this brand forever) and it does NOT contain SLS. It says so in big letters on the tube. It's made by "Kiss My Face" and is available in health food stores. Some drugstores in my area carry it too.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie_onVG View Post
    Wow, I had no idea mouth sores were so common to vaping. I have a bad one right now. I know it's from a bridgeless low resistance atty I tried out for a week. It not only shot hot juice into my mouth, but this atty had lower resistance than I thought I'd ordered .. so the vape was much hotter than what's good for me. Just for info .. I only direct drip and only use 100% VG juice (ecopure).

I just checked my toothpaste (have been using this brand forever) and it does NOT contain SLS. It says so in big letters on the tube. It's made by "Kiss My Face" and is available in health food stores. Some drugstores in my area carry it too.
    Your canker sore sounds like it might be a one time issue and caused from the contact with the juice, and the heat, and not from the irritation of the SLS since your toothpaste doesn't have it. Great to hear other toothpastes out there are making non SLS brands. My drugstores don't carry it, but maybe the concept will catch on and more companies will make brands without it.
    Ellie_onVG likes this.

Moved On Verified Member

I have never had any problems with sores from vaping either VG or PG juice...but for the past few days I have been vaping a lot of Fire and Ice (Cinnamon mixed with menthol) and the roof of my mouth is very sore and covered in red spots. Today I took some puffs from a Black Tobacco juice and all was fine. But as soon as I hit the Fire and Ice my mouth instantly hurt so it does have something to do with the cinnamon for me...which sucks because that juice is so damn good! It didn't give me any reaction for the first few days so I think if I just vape it as a treat instead of my all day vape I will be ok.

Super Member ECF Veteran Digital-Dragon's Avatar

I got sores for a few months about 6 months ago. I was using cartos at the time, and they stopped after I switched to bridgless lr attys... The opposite of the above post, lol... My attys don't spit juice ever though, at least none makes it through the drip tip.

Using salt in warm water to swish with after brushing may also help keep sores away.
    Last Analog: 5-13-11 using Riva/eGo/Firefly~ Now: VV Mint Tin Mods • Rebuildable Coils • DIY Liquid or Boba's

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Magician of Music View Post
    I have never had any problems with sores from vaping either VG or PG juice...but for the past few days I have been vaping a lot of Fire and Ice (Cinnamon mixed with menthol) and the roof of my mouth is very sore and covered in red spots. Today I took some puffs from a Black Tobacco juice and all was fine. But as soon as I hit the Fire and Ice my mouth instantly hurt so it does have something to do with the cinnamon for me...which sucks because that juice is so damn good! It didn't give me any reaction for the first few days so I think if I just vape it as a treat instead of my all day vape I will be ok.
    It doesn't sound like you have a propensity to get mouth ulcers after quitting smoking like some of us, it sounds more like juices like cinnamon are too harsh for you. As much as you like cinnamon probably best to just treat it, like you said, as a 'treat' only once in a while.

I find that when I am out of Biotene and have to use regular toothpaste, I STILL develop a dreaded canker. It's been long enough now that I can safely pinpoint the problem to toothpastes with SLS being the catalyst, at least in my case. The downside is that because Biotene does not foam up like regular toothpastes I wonder if the flouride protection getting in between the teeth will eventually be a problem. Just in case I have been using ACT as a rinse to help get more flouride in between the teeth since mine are pretty crowded. ACT doesn't seem to have SLS and so far has not caused any probs. Knock on wood! LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast