Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: pretty sure vaping is causing some pretty serious sinus infections and esophagus issues

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Bawn's Avatar

Default pretty sure vaping is causing some pretty serious sinus infections and esophagus issues

i have been having some pretty bad side effects from vaping. constant sinus issues (blood and all). and a very itchy scratchy infected throat and esophagus. went to doctor said it was a sinus infection and my lymphnodes are swollen. didnt tell him about vaping, figured he wouldnt know if it was causing it or he would automatically say thats whats causing it. i have been taking antibiotics and a steriod to reduce inflamation. i am pretty sure its vaping causing this. if i dont vape i dont get the issue in my esophaguss but if i do half hour in i feel my esophagus getting inflamed and itchy. it also looks like i am bleeding from my esophagus because my stool is pretty black which indicates internal bleeding somewhere in the esophagus or a ulcer and i dont have a ulcer. so i vaped a little today and instantly my esophagus started to hurt. looks like i am going to have to put a halt on vaping for awhile until i am cleared up. could be a coinsedence that i got sick the same time i started vaping or its vaping causing it. going to wait until its all gone and try to vape again and see if this issue returns. if it does its going to mean quiting cold turkey. will keep you all informed.
    Last edited by Bawn; 12-20-2011 at 10:52 PM.

CCC
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Can you tell us what mg nic you are vaping, pv/vg ratio, and what flavours? And your device?

ego 1100mah batt with 2.0boge cartos with various juices from 80/20vg to 30/70vg. ry4 and werthers, and butterscotch.

its got real bad in the last week or so.
    Last edited by Bawn; 12-20-2011 at 10:53 PM.

How long have you been vaping? I know people get dry throats in the beginning but esophageal bleeding is a new one.... Best stay off for a while.
    I was contemplating the immortal words of Socrates when he said, "I drank what?":p

CCC
    Super Member ECF Veteran

I know it is easy to jump to the conclusion that it is vaping related but there are a few possibilities you should look into such as Esophageal Ulcers, Strep throat, and Acid Reflux. Irritants (maybe the vapour in your case) can cause ongoing throat irritation. Indoor pollution — tobacco smoke or chemicals -also can cause chronic sore throat. Chewing tobacco, alcohol and spicy foods also can irritate your throat. Try taking some vitamin C, it doesn't do any harm, vitamin C and antioxidants may help your healing.
    treehead likes this.

going wait until my cycle of antibiotics are over and my steriod is over then i can see how i feel. i have never had a esophagus issue or throat issue or any health issue for that matter before this. i am 27 male pretty healthy. i excerise (bike/run, gym) i am very active and i am a pretty healthy person. so this CAN be from vaping or i just got sick. but i am putting my money on vaping although i hope it isnt.

vaping for 1 month 7days

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

When you are ready to try again go to drugstore and get bottle of pure vg and try vaping that by itself. It could be the vg but that is the least likely cause.
    If that works try adding some flavor.

It chagrins me to tell you this bro but you may be experiencing the dreaded vape allergy; there are a handful of noted side effects to vaping including those you've mentioned, but they usually come on as mild irritants from heavy prolonged usage. I see that you're pretty new to vaping, if you're sure it's not a bacterial or viral infection you may consider switching to 100% VG, which I actually prefer, and see if that helps. Additionally, it's possible that if you live in a humid or moist climate and you don't store your carts in a clean dry place, or that you reuse them without a good onceover clean you could be breathing in bacteria on your e-cigs. Try booting up a humidifier in your home and see if that clears up your sinus irritation, if it does then it may only be that the vapor is drying you out.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

also, what might help is vaping unflavored nic juice i use that when my throat gets a little dry and chalky from my regular flavors. When i first started vaping though i was having nose bleeds and cough up some blood from my throat because it was so dry, i started drinking more water and using the unflavored nic juice when it was bad and that seemed to curb the problem mostly. Now 2 months later i rarely have a problem it only seemed to last for a month, still get a scratchy throat sometimes though but the unflavored nic seems to fix that quickly

hope you feel better soon

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir07 View Post
    It chagrins me to tell you this bro but you may be experiencing the dreaded vape allergy; there are a handful of noted side effects to vaping including those you've mentioned, but they usually come on as mild irritants from heavy prolonged usage. I see that you're pretty new to vaping, if you're sure it's not a bacterial or viral infection you may consider switching to 100% VG, which I actually prefer, and see if that helps. Additionally, it's possible that if you live in a humid or moist climate and you don't store your carts in a clean dry place, or that you reuse them without a good onceover clean you could be breathing in bacteria on your e-cigs. Try booting up a humidifier in your home and see if that clears up your sinus irritation, if it does then it may only be that the vapor is drying you out.
    ^ this. If an allergy is the case, start by narrowing down the list of suspects. Try all VG, then all PG, unflavored then flavored. I personally vape 100% VG, as the vapor production is insane. Less throat hit, but in your case that sounds like a good thing...

I really hope its nothing serious and that you heal up ok. Best of luck, and keep us posted!
    Uma likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast