Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New too this need help: I am wheezing real bad each time i vape....help please!

Default New too this need help: I am wheezing real bad each time i vape....help please!

Hello I am realy new to the world of e cigs, love the VOLT i bought and enjoy it think i can do this and never pick up a reg cig again, however I am wheezing real bad each time i use the e cig. I have done some research on this site and tried some stuff nothing is helping so far...
    - changed cartos to refill myself
    - went with 100%VG
    - worked on tech for taking into lungs - bought from different vendors all within the US
    - light color juice to dark tried both

I am at a loss and don't know if this is something that will pass or if I should just give up and go get some cigs...
    I wheeze for about half hr after each time i use the e cig.
    I have not ever had this happen with reg cigs its so strange and I don't know what to make of it I am realy healthy very active no allergies to food or insects nothing worse thing ever happened is child birth...lol.
    I looking for anyone who might have had this happen to them and can share...

Thanks

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Charlz's Avatar

High VG makes me wheezy. It's heavy, thick stuff. And it sits heavy in the lungs too. PG makes my throat sore so I stick with about 70pg to 30vg ratio.
    No, that is not a Provari in my pocket. So guess what that means!

ECF Guru ECF Veteran 36tinybells's Avatar

I cannot do more than 25% vg either, without issues- neither can my daughter. Also, some flavorings/additives give me issues. What are you vaping on and do you have any other symptoms?
    “There isn't a way things should be. There's just what happens, and what we do.”
    Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Listen to your body. Also consider Swedish Snus. I had breathing problems with vaping and switched to snus. Haven't touched a real cig in 2 1/2 years.

I am currently vaping red oak line from jhonson creek and not any other symptoms. I stay away from the real dark juices. Thinking of buying some cartos to refill from a different company was just thinking that all the cartos i have used have come from one place smokelessimage where i got my VOLT so maybe they are a issue..worth a try.
    Thanks for the input I am willing to try anything.

What is swedish snus is that chew?

I went with the 100% VG becuse i thought maybe i was having a allergic reation to the PG but now I am wondering if more PG and less VG . I will have to buy some samples and give that a try..is getting hard to tell which is which anymore with all the samples i have goten lol.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran 36tinybells's Avatar

I am seriously encouraging you to ask suppliers if they use flavor additives such as malic or citric acids. It could be as simple as that. Not all juice makers do, try some one else's juice like Virgin Vapor who pride themselves on catering to specific issues. Find one who is responsive to the issues you are having. Many of them will be- I don't know Johnson Creek, maybe even they would be! Maybe start there?
    “There isn't a way things should be. There's just what happens, and what we do.”
    Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly5 View Post
    Hello I am realy new to the world of e cigs, love the VOLT i bought and enjoy it think i can do this and never pick up a reg cig again, however I am wheezing real bad each time i use the e cig. I have done some research on this site and tried some stuff nothing is helping so far...
    - changed cartos to refill myself
    - went with 100%VG
    - worked on tech for taking into lungs - bought from different vendors all within the US
    - light color juice to dark tried both

I am at a loss and don't know if this is something that will pass or if I should just give up and go get some cigs...
    I wheeze for about half hr after each time i use the e cig.
    I have not ever had this happen with reg cigs its so strange and I don't know what to make of it I am realy healthy very active no allergies to food or insects nothing worse thing ever happened is child birth...lol.
    I looking for anyone who might have had this happen to them and can share...

Thanks

I had a problem with HIGH VG and dark juices. I solved my problem by DIY, moderation, and other tweaks. Here's what I did to eliminate my problems:

- Switched to CE2 Fluxos. I little mod to begin but great afterwards. No bad taste or fibers.
    - Experimented with DIY and found good combo for me, 60/30/10 PG/VG/H20 (Distilled water)
    - Stuck with natural clear flavors and at a 5-7% max. No other additives whatsoever.
    - Moderated my usage to a maximum of 3.5 ml per day.

My problems were completely eliminated using these methods. Hopefully, some or all of these ideas will help others

Drumming Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

When was the last time you smoked a cigarette? And how long did you smoke?
    Coil likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast