Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry, DRY throat, what can I do?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Dry, DRY throat, what can I do?

Okay, I figured the first few days would be an adjustment period to inhaling a new substance, but my throat feels horrible still after 7 days..VERY dry and uncomfortable throat 24 hours a day without ease. I've tried gargling salt water but it doesn't help. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Drink more - brought ot you by Occam's razor

ECF Veteran

Jeff I am already drinking all day long, from morning until bedtime and it's not helping

Full Member ECF Veteran

Drink more water, hot tea if you like that, iced if you don't and also if you can drink milk which "coats" just a little. I "managed" the dry throat symptoms this way for close to 3 months before they stopped. I also found that switching PV's around, especially from a lower to a higher vapor production made the issue a little worse, although nothing I could not handle.
    Chew gum if you like that, anything that will increase your saliva production. You will adjust in time, but it can take a while. Meantime irrigating your system a bit more than you might otherwise is not a bad thing overall. Most of us could use drinking a little more water.

Hope this helps
    M

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I would also recommend making sure you know that it is the vapor thats bothering your throat.

You might be sick and thinking its the PV.

ECF Veteran

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will try the milk and hot tea with honey. I hope it eases with time, it makes vaping uncomfortable for me....

I find sour candy helped me. I like lemonheads.

Hi,
    I've been posting around this forum about my throat problems since i started vaping. i had very dry/sore throat and finally lost my voice. Drinking water did not help. And be careful because a lot of "throat relief" sprays at the drug store contain pg and/or vg!
    The only thing that provided temporary relief was eating some tomatoes with olive oil. The oil lubricated my throat.
    Finally, my voice came back after i had stopped vaping. Some people think it's caused by the pg, others say try vg. I tried vg and got bad stomach problems. Now i'm going to try peg (the non-pg juice from nuvape). It's my last hope.

Super Member ECF Veteran

try peg liquid from nuvape..my throat never feels dry..I couldnt take pg and vg..

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I combat the dry throat by always sipping something when I'm vaping. Usually Crystal Light or some sort.

The upside, is that I'm keeping myself more hydrated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast