Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nut Allergy

Super Member ECF Veteran dragonpuff's Avatar

Exclamation Nut Allergy

I have a close friend who i want to introduce e-cigs to the next time i see her. The problem is, she's allergic to peanuts. And i'm not talking sore throat or stuffy nose; if she eats a peanut, she could die! It's reasonable to assume that vaping even a tiny bit of peanut oil will make her very sick.

Many of the common flavors involve nuts, and many facilities don't keep their equipment used with nutty juice separate from other juices. She is a heavy smoker at the present time so no-nic homemade liquid is not an option.

Does anyone know of a company that manufactures/sells e-liquid who can guarantee liquid with no peanut contamination? Or is my friend effectively barred from this alternative because of her allergy?

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." Doctor Who

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpuff View Post
    I have a close friend who i want to introduce e-cigs to the next time i see her. The problem is, she's allergic to peanuts. And i'm not talking sore throat or stuffy nose; if she eats a peanut, she could die! It's reasonable to assume that vaping even a tiny bit of peanut oil will make her very sick.

Many of the common flavors involve nuts, and many facilities don't keep their equipment used with nutty juice separate from other juices. She is a heavy smoker at the present time so no-nic homemade liquid is not an option.

Does anyone know of a company that manufactures/sells e-liquid who can guarantee liquid with no peanut contamination? Or is my friend effectively barred from this alternative because of her allergy?

hahahahahahhaha "nuts".....
    lol

ok back to the thread...
    ya i think it would be a bad idea to allow her to vape

Knowing the real dangers involved for folks with true nut allergies (we have a friend so afflicted), I would suggest you contact a few U.S. suppliers to see if any can guarantee the purity of product, or check with flavoring sources (Capella, Lorrann(sp?), any others) regarding their flavorings and equipment, and then work on a DIY with PG or Vegetable Glycerin, but again you'll have to find a nicotine source that can guarantee the purity of product. Perhaps someone here knows an alternative source for nicotine solutions, other than the e-cig liquid suppliers?
    Last edited by Trixie; 09-21-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpuff View Post
    PG only liquids. Who has it, I don't know, but thats what you want.

Moved On

I would think Unflavored 48ml juice cut in half with PG would be- 24mg Nut free

Thanks for your help everyone

Johnson's Creek is the only retailer i know of that make all their own liquid, and on their FAQ page it says explicitly that anyone with a nut allergy must avoid their products as they can't guarantee no cross-contamination of liquids.

Does anyone know of any other retailers who make their own liquid that i could check out? That seems like the safest bet besides making your own; DIY would be difficult with her being a noob and me living 100 miles away and not being able to help much

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." Doctor Who

Our flavors do NOT contain any peanut proteins, hence our peanutbutter will not contain peanuts or derivatives.

Quote Originally Posted by SLDS181 View Post
    PG only liquids. Who has it, I don't know, but thats what you want.

Eastmall sells unflavored p.g. mixing liquid.
    Man Is Not Free Unless The Government Is Limited.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

How abou contacting TW about their new range?

Platinum Ice is 54mg unflavoured with only pharma grade nicotine and PG.... no other ingredients (and I can't imagine any nut contamiation would be allowed in that!), and I believe that the Decadent Vapours flavour range on TW will also contain the same base - but Nick O Teen of Decadent Vapours who is creating the new TW range should be able to give you all the info you require about the flavourings as well.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I'll check these out.

BTW, i am a bit wary of the idea of unflavored liquid being safe just because its unflavored, that doesn't mean they keep everything completely separate (just because you can't taste it doesn't mean its not there in small amounts), but i suppose it might be best to try if we can't get a guarantee elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast