Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaping and Sinusitis

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Vaping and Sinusitis

Hello,

I have been vaping for about 2 or 3 months and since yesterday I'm having sinus headache, not sure if it is related to vaping, so far I have only vaped PG (dark chocolate for JC and Menthol from TW).

The thing is that I (almost) always exhale the vapor through my nose, has anyone experienced something like this?

From what I have read, vaping should relieve sinus right?? ... right? but PG or VG? does it matters? should I exhale thru my mouth instead of my nose?

comments? help!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I used to have chronic sinusitis...but no longer with vaping.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SudokuGal View Post
    Ditto here!!

I use to get it regularly twice a year....fall and spring. Would be lucky if it wasn't soon followed by bronchittis.

Since I started vaping over 7 months ago, I've avoid that whole nasty business...so far....touch wood

Super Member ECF Veteran angjen0816's Avatar

I have had chronic sinus problems for YEARS. I asked my doctor why I am still having problems, even though I'm not smoking. She said its not uncommon to still have sinus issues for a period of time after quitting. Your body is going to be healing for a long time. Call your md and see if they want to give you an antibotic to clear up the blockage.

I would recommend exhaling through your mouth if possible. I know habits are tough to break, but once I started vaping and stopped smoking analogs, my sinuses cleared up within a few days. I'm sure VG/PG is a slight irritant, but i highly doubt it's even close to as irritating for sinues as tobacco cigs. It's probably just a coincidence that you're having a sinus headache and associating it with e-cigs. You may be coming down with a sinus infection which I can only imagine will clear up much sooner (ie. one week) as opposed if you were smoking analogs (2 weeks to a month).

Hope that helps.

~Gibs

Full Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for your quick replies

Senior Member ECF Veteran

+1

The money I save on allergy medication pretty much pays for my vaping hobby.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Me as well. Mine has almost went away entirely and my chronic allergies are so much better. I hardly ever have to take my medicine any more. Mostly only when ragweed season cranks up.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Somewhat related but on a tangent:

I used to regularly get upper respiratory infections... like once every six weeks or so. I haven't had a one since I started vaping at the end of February.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I had clear sinuses til I got a cold in late Sept, cold was gone in about a week but I still have the sinus problems. If I don't use a sinus spray I will wake in the wee hours unable to breathe and the vapor irritates my nose and causes me to sneeze if I don't exhale thru my mouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast