Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Allergy, Panic Attack or What?

Default Allergy, Panic Attack or What?

Hi Everybody,

Have been vaping for a couple of months and am struggling to get to the bottom of an issue that I'm worried will end up causing me to have to quit forever

Stopped smoking analogues last december and tried NRT (gum, lozenges and spray). Didn't get on too badly with these but did have some minor issues with stomach acid and constipation so decided to try vaping with disposable look-alikes. Really got into vaping and now have various VV mods and tanks etc.

Made the same mistake as a lot of people make (I think) and started vaping too high nic. I got upto 24 mg but I hadn't smoked for several weeks and I think I OD'd. Since this I've had a lot of allergy issues which have at times been quite worrying so I've been through the usual process of trying to eliminate the cause but the results of this have been very confusing and inconclusive.

I think that I probably have an intolerance to PG as high level mixes make me feel a quite spaced out and can give me a headache. I moved onto low nic (as low as 4mg), pure VG (including flavoring and nic base) but this gives me fairly severe allergic reactions including rashes itching and a really hot and unwell feeling.

Have tried VG and 50/50 PG/VG with no nic and this seems better but I still get some allergic reaction to this. I started to think that I had developed an allergy to nicotine and still think that this may be the case but the strange thing is that if I keep vaping I seem to be able to break through the wall and then I can chain vape. Tonight for example I was comfortably vaping 80/20 PG/VG 12 mg with no serious symptoms. The only thing I've yet to try is 100% PG but I hadn't bothered because this definitely gives me a foggy head.

The weird thing is that at different times I seem to be able to tolerate high levels of PG, VG and nic so it is very hard to pin it down. Perhaps it's not even an allergy but some sort of panic attack associated with ODing?

Has anyone experienced anything like this please?

Thanks
    Last edited by aburgUK; 04-21-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member autobiogphnation's Avatar

Have you tried 100% VG liquid?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Batteries: Provari Mini (Red/Black, Zombie), Vision Spinner II, Innokin Cool Fire II, Vapor Shark rDNA Atomizers:Kayfun 3.1 ES, Origen, Kayfun Mini, Smoke RSBT, Tobh

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The one way to track down what it is I think is to just vape some pg by itself, then Vg by itself and see if it one of those 2 things causing you problems.. Of course without Nic. Then by adding Nic to see. Isolate what it is will probably be the way to go on this. Good luck!
    Katmar and salemgold like this.

Quote Originally Posted by autobiogphnation View Post
    Have you tried 100% VG liquid?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yep, from 3 different vendors, one hand made with definitely no PG whatsoever. Have had some bad reactions with VG but not so bad with zero nic VG. Thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by aburgUK; 04-21-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doots View Post
    The one way to track down what it is I think is to just vape some pg by itself, then Vg by itself and see if it one of those 2 things causing you problems.. Of course without Nic. Then by adding Nic to see. Isolate what it is will probably be the way to go on this. Good luck!
    Actually pure PG is the only thing I haven't tried so I'll order some today in 6mg and zero no flavours. Thanks for your reply.

PV Master Verified Member edyle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aburgUK View Post
    Hi Everybody,

Have been vaping for a couple of months and am struggling to get to the bottom of an issue that I'm worried will end up causing me to have to quit forever

Stopped smoking analogues last december and tried NRT (gum, lozenges and spray). Didn't get on too badly with these but did have some minor issues with stomach acid and constipation so decided to try vaping with disposable look-alikes. Really got into vaping and now have various VV mods and tanks etc.

Made the same mistake as a lot of people make (I think) and started vaping too high nic. I got upto 24 mg but I hadn't smoked for several weeks and I think I OD'd. Since this I've had a lot of allergy issues which have at times been quite worrying so I've been through the usual process of trying to eliminate the cause but the results of this have been very confusing and inconclusive.

I think that I probably have an intolerance to PG as high level mixes make me feel a quite spaced out and can give me a headache. I moved onto low nic (as low as 4mg), pure VG (including flavoring and nic base) but this gives me fairly severe allergic reactions including rashes itching and a really hot and unwell feeling.

Have tried VG and 50/50 PG/VG with no nic and this seems better but I still get some allergic reaction to this. I started to think that I had developed an allergy to nicotine and still think that this may be the case but the strange thing is that if I keep vaping I seem to be able to break through the wall and then I can chain vape. Tonight for example I was comfortably vaping 80/20 PG/VG 12 mg with no serious symptoms. The only thing I've yet to try is 100% PG but I hadn't bothered because this definitely gives me a foggy head.

The weird thing is that at different times I seem to be able to tolerate high levels of PG, VG and nic so it is very hard to pin it down. Perhaps it's not even an allergy but some sort of panic attack associated with ODing?

Has anyone experienced anything like this please?

Thanks

First off; with vaping the nicotine takes alot longer to kick in than with smoking.

Second; if you are chain vaping already, then you really got to drop down from 12mg I suspect; 12 and 24 should be good if you're using it like smoking where you maybe take a 5 min vape every hour or 2 but if you're chain vaping at 12mg and you already ODd recently, I'd use a lower nic level.

If 50/50 4mg is workable best to stick with that for a while; if you keep changing up to much at the start you won't be sure what is causing what;

and don't forget to keep hydrated; I drink 2 liters of water for an hour before going to bed

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hmmm...

Nic OD could give you a headache, but that wouldn't be an isolated symptom. If you made yourself nic sick that headache would most likely be combined with other things palpitations, rapid pulse, anxiety or a feeling like caffeine jitters.

I have heard the complaint about feeling foggy or spacey before, but I'm not certain what people are attributing that too. It's a pretty rare complaint.

Do you have allergies already in place? What you are describing don't sound like typical seasonal allergies, but the last couple spring pollen seasons have been absolutely brutal - even if you take antihistamines. What I'm getting at is an added layer of allergic reaction to seasonal junk can make what you are trying to figure out with vaping even more difficult to sort out as to where a seasonal allergy problem leaves off and a vaping issue begins.

Hi, I've not vaped anything higher than 12mg for weeks and most of the time much less. I have been as low as 2mg pure VG recently. It's starting to look like VG is the main problem. Today I mixed some 80PG/20VG 11mg juice with an equal amount of pure PG giving me 90PG/10VG at 5.5mg and after an initial foggy nauseas feeling for about 20 minutes I'm feeling much better on it.

Im going to order some flavour from T Juice in the UK, they sell the flavour concentrates for their juices in pure PG with no nic. I'll get some PG nic from TW and mix my own 100% PG at about 6mg and see how that goes. There is another post somewhere on this forum (can't find it now I'm afraid) from someone who had the same issues with VG and eventually settled down on 100% PG.

What has really caused confusion is that all my symptoms seemed like a classic PG allergy but it seems that maybe VG can give very similar problems.

Thanks for your suggestions and I will pay particular attention to drinking plenty of water.

Will keep you posted.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

Water is essential, no matter what. Allergies or none.

Good luck in figuring this out. I am sure you will eventually find the culprit. Meantime, lots of water.

Senior Member Verified Member Sarin's Avatar

Do you vape in an enclosed area? Do these things happen when you're vaping outside? Perhaps try vaping out the back door for a week rather than in the lounge? A nicotine allergy is unlikely as nicotine is a naturally occurring alkaloid that is in many vegetables and you've used NRT in the past. **I AM NOT A DOCTOR, THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS** As other have stated above, dropping the nic level would be a start. What you are describing with the stomach acid and constipation problems are often the side effects of nicotine withdrawl, could be that you're still suffering from giving up the analogs?

***VOTE NET NEUTRALITY***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast