Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: anyone else have shortness of breath?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well, yes. I am having awful shortness of breath, trouble crossing the parking lot to work, worse than I ever did on cigarettes. I smoked less than ever when I finally quit and went with the ecigs. I hated what smoking was doing to me, the smell, the risk, and having smoked for 37 years, trying Chantix three times, I'm glad I found ecigs. However, I didn't smoke inside my home, and get very short breaks at work. So I have found that my vaping is increasing as time goes by, and I'm feeling worse too. In the very first few days and weeks, a cartomizer would last all day. Now that is not the case. I go through about 2 ml of juice on average a day and a cartomizer or two. It just depends. But I know that I vape more than I smoked, take my PCC into work with me and vape in the bathroom when I want to. I didn't smoke cigs in the bathroom! So for me, I think it's vaping too much in my opinion for my own good. I'm so excited to be not smoking cigarettes, and having found something that feels like a cigarette, tastes like a cigarette, and is relatively "safe", I just keep vaping more and more. I'm basically chain vaping all the time. So, therefore I think I need to vape less. Very simple. I'm not sure it's actually the PG or the VG that is causing it. Don't really know on that one. I'm Vegan, so I don't eat a lot of processed foods normally that would have PG or VG in them. I have a terrible itchy rash, and do wish I could identify the cause. Hoping it's PG cause I just bought a bunch of VG liquids! However, I take a med everyday and have for years that has PG in it. Go figure.

Rags
    Last edited by Ragamuffin; 05-07-2010 at 01:53 AM.
    Where aging, terminal, abandoned, and handicapped animals go to live: outtopasture.org. Please consider donating.:thumb:

This year is the worst in recorded history for pollen and mold production. By a huge amount ,never like this before, many people who have never had an allergy problem in their lives are having problems this year.
    I am willing to bet that a lot of this is causing problems for anyone sob right now,

ECF Veteran

Ragamuffin, I wouldn't follow the pattern here. I don't think the concern is whether or not you are allergic to PG, but simply how pg effects you when inhaling it. It irritates some people more than others. Maybe the poster below is right and its allergies or something, i mean its possible. But it is also possible its something in the liquid bothering you cause you are over using it.

Hope you keep us posted, if switching to VG helps you or not. Like I said before, Im scratching my head, because alot of people I know in person who started vaping smoke51s at the local mall complained about the same thing. Feeling short of breath and stopped vaping and unfortunately went back to smoking.

Digital Gypsy Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Try checking this out: Google

It's the first thing that pops up on Google fill in after you've typed "shortness of breath".

Lots of people report being short of breath after quitting smoking without ever touching an e-cigarette. It's a known symptom. Some even get so frustrated by it that they go back to cigarettes to overcome it. Others are blaming it on whatever medication they started taking at the same time they quit. Sound familiar? Everything isn't all sweetness and roses like the anti-tobacco extremists would like you to believe.
    Last edited by StormFinch; 05-07-2010 at 05:55 PM.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paladinx View Post
    Ragamuffin, I wouldn't follow the pattern here. I don't think the concern is whether or not you are allergic to PG, but simply how pg effects you when inhaling it. It irritates some people more than others. Maybe the poster below is right and its allergies or something, i mean its possible. But it is also possible its something in the liquid bothering you cause you are over using it.

Hope you keep us posted, if switching to VG helps you or not. Like I said before, Im scratching my head, because alot of people I know in person who started vaping smoke51s at the local mall complained about the same thing. Feeling short of breath and stopped vaping and unfortunately went back to smoking.
    I agree with you on that. I felt much better the last couple days when I didn't pay attention to the pg or vg in my juice, just vaped what I wanted to. However, I do think I am over-vaping and need to cut it down some. Too much of a good thing could still be bad. And just quitting cigarettes after 37 years has to throw your lungs a curve ball somehow.

This is such a pattern for me, finding something I like a lot, then over-indulging till I can't take it anymore. Like with the crackers I'm going off to buy right now. Can't stop eating them, constantly.
    Where aging, terminal, abandoned, and handicapped animals go to live: outtopasture.org. Please consider donating.:thumb:

ECF Veteran

I hear you man, probably many of us have addictive personalities. I am one included

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paladinx View Post
    I hear you man, probably many of us have addictive personalities. I am one included

Off topic, I know, but couldn't resist: I'm a female. Sorry, had to do it!!

Have a good night

ECF Veteran

heh sorry guess im using "man" the way randy does on american idol lol

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Ralph T's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
    This is such a pattern for me, finding something I like a lot, then over-indulging till I can't take it anymore. Like with the crackers I'm going off to buy right now. Can't stop eating them, constantly.
    Those wouldn't happen to be Chicken in a Biskit? Those are addicting for me.
    Last edited by Ralph T; 05-09-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    I would much rather have five very close friends, than a thousand Facebook friends!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph T View Post
    Those wouldn't happen to be Chicken in a Biskit? Those are addicting for me.
    Lol. I know, those are very good. No, they are the Triscuit new flavors, Cracked Pepper w/Olive Oil, and Fire Roasted Tomato w/Olive Oil. I eat them all the time. When I run out, I HAVE to get more. Just like I did with cigaretters. Same with peanut butter too.