Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is VG safer than PG?

Default Is VG safer than PG?

I don't mean to imply that PG is dangerous, but from what I have read it seems that PG can cause throat irritation and possibly harm cats...or something like that.

And I haven't found anything about VG causing throat irritation (although I haven't looked extremely hard)

I'm thinking about ordering the sample pack from Johnson Creek and I don't know if I should order PG, VG, or if it even really matters.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think most people here use PG based juice if for no other reason than VG suppliers are very limited...only one, Johnson Creek, that I see. If you're hooked on VG, I guess that's the only way to go. Otherwise, PG should suffice.

Lu

ECF Guru

Default About PG v. VG

Quote Originally Posted by Tristalec View Post
    I don't mean to imply that PG is dangerous, but from what I have read it seems that PG can cause throat irritation and possibly harm cats...or something like that.

And I haven't found anything about VG causing throat irritation (although I haven't looked extremely hard)

I'm thinking about ordering the sample pack from Johnson Creek and I don't know if I should order PG, VG, or if it even really matters.
    Although know one knows about saftey as there are no studies--it is confimed that PG breaks down as lactic acid and can cause cramping in legs--etc. VG breaks down as a "glucose". Also it has been reported that more people seem to have allergy issues with PG (sore throat, etc) as compared to those with VG--That is why I only use VG or NON-PG. That is my take on it--Sun

Vegetable glycerin in comparison to propelene glycol is considered much more healthy when ingested. But regarding inhaling each one, not much study has been done at all about the effects of inhaling either. People might make assumptions to think that if something is safe to consume in its natural state, then it would be safe to inhale, but this is just not true.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I've noticed cramping in my legs, and just ordered the JC non-PG to see if VG is the cause.

ECF Guru

Default I think you meant to say PG?

Quote Originally Posted by Catman51 View Post
    I've noticed cramping in my legs, and just ordered the JC non-PG to see if VG is the cause.
    Catman--I think you meant to say PG as being the cause??--Sun

Full Member ECF Veteran

Harmful Ingredients to Skin, WATCH OUT!

Article on harmful ingredients to the skin. PG is #3 in the article.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vaporer View Post
    Catman--I think you meant to say PG as being the cause??--Sun
    Oops, must be the PG affecting my brain!

I ended up ordering the Non-PG sample pack from johnson creek.
    Is non-pg the same as vg? What I mean to ask is, Is VG used in Non-PG E-Juice/E-Liquid instead of PG, or is some other "Ingredient" used?

Full Member ECF Veteran

It's VG from all I've read on their site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast