Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: health concerns on vaping

Post health concerns on vaping

ok so dont get me wrong i love vaping.. and the benifits of 4000 carcinogens vs the one ... ill take it and i have noticed some major health changes already.

so okay.. regarding lungs. how much impact does this actually do to the lungs

and how different is it than smoke?

i recently quit smoking and i found out i have asthma.. which is weird cause i never really felt it before but now i do.

and how much vaping is to much vaping

i came from being a heavy smoker about 30 a day. originally turkish royals but for the last 2 years it was turkish silvers.

now i vape about 30 ml of 24mg in a bout a week and a half...

so yeah and i might post more questions later if more arise within this topic

Thank you for the responses

Good question and/or argument. I know the story... Sure, people have smoked for years! We know, that after about X number of years, it could cause cancer and other big problems. But, as far as I'm concerned, with this vaping thing, the jury is still out! Sure, I feel better than I did with analogs. But do we really have any data from people who have vaped for 10 or more years? Yourself, and the other vapers here could be the real Guinea pigs! This stuff is pretty new. So, if you smoke for 20+ years and die of lung cancer, nobody is really surprised... But, whos to say that in 10 years we see a big rash of asthma, or other lung diseases in us "new wavers" who vape?

I'm sure, that who ever invented the cigarette, cigar or pipe, whatever, thought. after 2 - 3 years, they probably thought that the smoking would never hurt them???

We might be in for a big surprise someday, we might be better off. Who knows. This is too new... But, I vape anyways, as I see immediate improvements???

Super Member ECF Veteran tranced's Avatar

What one carcinogen are you vaping? Nicotine has many health effects (both potentially positive and negative) but it's not carcinogenic. As far as negative impacts of vaping, as a new vaper I've had the following negatives - most of which were also norms for me when I have quit regular cigarettes in the past.

I cough up a lot of nastiness from my lungs - just like the last time I quit

My throat is sore and my uvula is a bit inflammed - just like the last time I quit. A cold water during vaping times has helped this a bunch though.

I have an increase in flatus - this didn't happen last time I quit tobacco so it could be the vaping, fortunately, I've gotten a few cases of homebrew beer as a grad gift and have been drinking some really hoppy beer.

My sense of smell is improved - making the flatus thing unpleasant.

I was not a heavy smoker by any means but I am a fairly heavy vaper. It's sooo tasty once I got some quality liquids.

I think your body will tell you when enough is enough. As far as the lungs go, there have been NO reported damage done by e-cigs as of yet, ever (as far as I know).

My understanding of PG is that is may even be used to PREVENT the spread of disease so that's saying something.

I like this informative piece that I found somewhere: be sure to watch the video too. THE TRUTH: Cigarettes versus Electronic Cigarettes

from what i heard from the FDA the big push was some chemichal maybe it was pg that was a cancer causing agent. (maybe they did the research in california where everything causes cancer) but thats what i read.

and thank you for all the input people id love to hear more of what people think on this

and yeah i dont feel like its to much its just my body adapting to not smoking i mean id be able to sit outside and smoke half a pack of cigs and not get phased.. so nicotine overdose isnt my concern.. specially when in the past there was a day i had smoked 3 packs in one day... (bad move i know) so this doesnt compare..

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If PG causes cancer the whole world will die - its in everything from baby food to toothpaste to fog machine to anti-freeze.
    Its not the PG.

As for me, I like vaping better - I dont care if its the same danger - its not WORSE than smoking was.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maleta View Post
    from what i heard from the FDA the big push was some chemichal maybe it was pg that was a cancer causing agent. (maybe they did the research in california where everything causes cancer) but thats what i read.
    The FDA study found a few nitrosamines, which are also found in smoking cessation products in approximately the same concentrations. Those nitrosamines come from the tobacco during the nicotine extraction process, and they are present in cigarettes in concentrations about 1500 times greater. At the concentration found by the FDA in the cartridge they tested, it is pretty much considered negligible.

The FDA study also found approximately 1% DEG in one of the 18 cartridges tested. That could have been a contaminant in the propylene glycol, and the FDA allows 0.1% DEG in products that contain propylene glycol. However, I believe it has been calculated here that for the amount of DEG found in that one cartridge, you would have to vape somewhere on the order of thousands of cartridges per day to get a lethal does.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

And here is a link to the CDC Report - Safety of Theatrical Fog, which is basically propylene glycol.
    And propylene glycol is what electronic cigarettes are generally made up of...

http://www.casaa.org/files/CDC-Repor...trical-Fog.pdf

And while you're at it, you might want to check out some of the other things there at CASAA.

Just click on Resources and check out these sections...
    --Lab reports
    --Journal articles
    --Document library

We really should have a sticky somewhere that lists the effects of stopping smoking,
    One of them is being short of breath or a asthma type effect . This will pass.
    It is because the cilla in the lungs are starting to work again and moving deeply buried
    mucus /junk in the lungs to expel it. In the meantime it will block airways and create
    the short of breath thing. Until it is expelled.
    It has been sitting there all these years not moving because cigs stop the cilla from doing their job and moving it out.

DC2 Thank you for the information i was hoping someone had actual hard facts on that.

and mini art i was trying to figure out more information about that... i thought there was something related to that but i cant find it on the net yet.. back to more research.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast