Chest Pains?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chest Pains?

Default Chest Pains?

The last few days on and off I have had chest pains. Yes I am going to see a Dr about this. At first I thought maybe an anxiety attack but stress has gotten better the last few weeks and I am not prone to chest pains. The hardest and longest one hit me a few nights ago after vaping more than my normal all day. It went from 2am-6am. I was up all night. I tried to read in bed but the pain was distracting. It did finally let up. It was not horrible, but annoying and right under my breasts and hitting my spin. I was in hopes it was some kind of odd gas pain or something but that high... I know it is not heart burn (been pregnant 5 times and I know ever shape of that fun!)

So now I am thinking maybe it is my vaping. This would be tragic.

I have no heart conditions, I am 29 years old and thus I do not think it is an emergecy right this moment. Think I should set an appointment and vap a lot in hopes I can cause it and so the Dr can actually see it? Or?

Blessings,
    lil
    Lsaare likes this.

Ultra Member

What level of nic are you using? I would suggest cutting it down (dramatically) or using 0nic until you talk to your Dr.

Almost sounds like wicked indigestion, try some Gaviscon, that stuff works wonders for me. However chest pains shouldn't be ignored and a visit to the Doc is not a bad idea.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Calaban's Avatar

Good luck to you....I have a good feeling it's nothing serious

But, if you are ok with it, please let us know if the doctor says it could be related to e-cigs.

I'm glad you are going to go see a doctor. Chest pains are nothing anyone should ever ignore. If you notice chest pain/tightness related to vaping, it could be any number of things (e.g. heartburn). What nic level do you use? Might suggest you cut it down your existing supply with VG or PG. Remember that nicotine is a stimulant that causes an increase in blood pressure and could be exacerbating a preexisting condition (already high blood pressure, etc.). Also, it could be an allergic reaction.

Regardless, I would not suggest you keep up the level of vaping just to get a diagnosis from your doc. It might be something serious. So I'd error on the side of caution and instead mention it to your doc and explain what e-cigs are and what is contained in the e-liquid, and that you noticed your symptons when you started using your vaporiser.

I definitely wouldnt go vaping like crazy before going to the doc. Im sure that it would jack your heart rate up and possibly make him think its the ecig even if it is something else. I would for sure let him know about your device and perhaps offer a demo but i wouldnt try to force something to happen through excess vaping. Just explain your symtoms as they are, and maybe do as others said and cut your nic level down a bit.

Please give an update, it worries us all when we hear one of our vapers is getting weird ailments.

I am so glad I am not alone with these chest pains, I have a very tight chest at the moment and have never felt this bad in all the time I was smoking.

A couple of days ago I saw a private doctor in reference to a lung matter from years ago, he gave me a really good going over and stated that there is nothing wrong, lung function and blood pressure are all fine...so why am I in so much pain...even thinking of going back to smoking...was much better off!

My goodness this sounds a lot like unstable angina, which can often be a close precursor to a heart attack. Maybe it is not, but please be sure to get a lipid panel (cholesterol levels testing the blood for heart disease) done right away and possibly a follow-up cardiac stress test if your doctor finds risk factors for coronary artery disease. It may very well be nothing, or at least not that problem, but if it is then sudden death can ruin your whole day. If you experience any numbness in your arm, neck, or shoulder, accompanied by chest tightness and/or lightheadedness or nausea, then don't wait for your appointment, get to the emergency room, and don't drive yourself. Seriously. Please.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default PEOPLE - please dont ignore it.

Please do not attribute chest pains to vaping. Since I quit analogs on January 5th, my wheezing and coughing have stopped, so have my heart palps. It could just be coincidence that yours started when you began vaping, but none of us is qualified to diagnose you over the net, even if we were an MD. Please go to your doctor and tell him what you are doing. It is for your own good! Feel better and good luck.

I'm convinced that vaping has a negative affect on the lungs, maybe not for all, but for me it does and obviously for others too. At least with smoke, your lungs are built to react to it, this may not be the same with the vapor of eliquid.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast