Effects of Vaping on Teeth
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Effects of Vaping on Teeth

Moved On ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Effects of Vaping on Teeth

It's fairly well known that cigs play absolute havoc on your mouth as I've learned from personal experience.

Have any long-term vapors noticed any negative effects on their teeth? Or have any cigarette induced maladies such as receding gums reversed themselves (if that's even possible)?

Full Member ECF Veteran

I've only been vaping for about a week and I've already noticed my teeth are a bit whiter. This is obviously from quitting analogs though, I wouldn't put it on vaping.

PV Master ECF Veteran crashtestjeep's Avatar

I have issues from a prior (extremely severe) car accident, but no new cavaties, but a crack they may have very well already been there from said wreck has become very noticeable....I cannot blame it on vaping tho bc I honestly dont know if it was already there before and just didnt notice or it got worse over time. I had to get almost all of my molars crowned due to damage from wreck except this one and now I am noticing the crack and it getting worse.

Vaping can cause dry mouth and dry mouth CAN cause damage, so I usually drink plenty water and suck on sugar-free hard candy to prevent any damage.

On a positive note, I used two tubes of rembrandt brand tooth paste -its exspensive but my teeth have remained VERY white since. I even notice coffee stains while drinking coffee and brush them away! Never noticed the huge difference as a smoker.

I have vaped since June 2009
    Last edited by crashtestjeep; 08-18-2010 at 06:55 AM.
    This is a journey I'll live to tell about...:smokie:
    LIVESTRONG

Full Member ECF Veteran AlphaTau99's Avatar

I'm going on about a month now, and had some pretty nice gum damage in my bottom front teeth. While they've recovered nicely, I'm pretty sure I remember my dentist saying that the process can't be totally "reversed." However, they *can* heal fully, recover somewhat, and get strong again; just not to the point had you never smoked. In other words, the sooner one quits smoking, the better. I believe it's similar to your lungs: they can heal and recover, but they'll never be like they would have had we not smoked in the first place.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default Effects of Vaping on Teeth

I never had any problems from smoking, but I had a small dot that 6 months ago my dentist wanted to watch, fast forward 3 months and it's a cavity that needs to be filled asap, although I can't really predict that if I HADNT started vaping it would already have needed filling by now too. I do associate the cavity growing quicker with vaping, my dentist doesn't though. There was a thread about this exact thing, a rather long thread in fact. I'll try to get the link for you

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I was just thinking the same thing after my dental surgery this morning and here I am at this thread! That link your be very useful as the google search has stopped working for me.

I have cut anything with sugar out of my diet apart from the odd diet coke at meal times at most once a day and the cavities are all fixed up, defore the surgery they didn't get any worse whilst I was vaping so there is hope!! My dentist had never seen a PV before so she couldn't help me much.

Having some tooth extractions soon and I have heard on here its best not to vape for 48 hours after to avoid dry socket! I'll be snuffing that day then

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
    It's fairly well known that cigs play absolute havoc on your mouth as I've learned from personal experience.

Have any long-term vapors noticed any negative effects on their teeth? Or have any cigarette induced maladies such as receding gums reversed themselves (if that's even possible)?
    My gums started receding after I quit smoking and started vaping.
    Did vaping cause it? I can't say. Vaping is not the only thing we do.
    But I never had problems with my gums in 35 years of smoking 2+ppd.

If you search the forum (in the lower left corner box), you will find posts in other threads. Several from people that left shortly there after. And many post that their teeth and gums improved dramatically.

Your experience will be your experience.
    BATTERIES CAN EXPLODE!
    Do your homework. Understand The Risks.
    If you don't understand it, DON"T DO IT!

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran Murdock Ruml's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i know my teeth improved. teeth are whiter. gums have a healthy color to them and have started filling in around my teeth. i caused alot of damage from years or dipping. lost two teeth because of it, thankfully they were in the back. but yeah i a can tell drastic improvement. and i have been vaping and dip/ smoke free about a year

Full Member ECF Veteran

I still can't get one thing! Guys! So vaping is better to teeth than smoking or vaping is worse than smoking?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Here everyone - I found the link.

This has TONS of info on other people's experiences and weirdly enough a lot of related "quick cavity growth" stories.

It's definitely worth reading through the whole thing.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...oth-decay.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast