Swollen Throats?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swollen Throats?

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Default Swollen Throats?

Both my husband and I have been experiencing sore and swollen throats lately that mainly feel swollen around the tonsil area. The weather hasn't changed, we both have ok sinuses, I don't have tonsils lol. My husband said his swelling went down after two days, mine just started when I woke up. I have no other signs of sickness and neither does or did he. Do you think the swollen feeling is due to the vaping? Him and I tend to chain vape on and off during the day, we drink plenty of fluids, so I'm really not sure why we both got swollen throats. I hope it's not due to the vaping, but has anyone else experienced this?

Full Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Sore throats are pretty common after quitting analogs. I'm not sure if vaping aggravates it or not, but it's definitely a sign of your body healing from the analogs. Lots of water to help the process and it will go away.

But, if you are concerned, a quick trip to the doc is always a good bet.

Hope you feel better!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yes this happened to me after my second day analog free. I had a mild sore throat for about 2 days. Then I was fine but I got laid off friday and have been chain vaping and the sore throat is back. I think over vaiping is the problem.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Drink more - drink a LOT more than you would normally drink.
    My throat was almost swollen shut after the first week - after that I drank more (especially during vaping) and the problem went away.

ECF Veteran

Well I never got a sore throat from quitting analogs. But I did have a sore throat for a few days when I began vaping. I was vaping 100% PG to begin with and my sore throat only lasted a couple of days. PG and/or VG will dry you out so the suggestions on drinking more water is a good one.
    DSE901, 510 PT, KR808D-1, VT Fatty, TV eGo, Provape-1, Buzz, EGO-T, Go-Go, Provari, VOLT, Lavatube, Apollo VTube, Vapor Zeus, iTaste MVP v2, iTaste VTR, iPV v2, LP Reo Grand

Unregistered Supplier

I too had the sore throat from vaping within the first few days.. it lasted about 2 days and I haven't had it since.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just got back from FreedomSmokeUSA a local company here in Tucson that i found last night via this forum. I burnt out my last two atomizers i had and needed some replacements bad. Just got to 3 weeks without a analog and really didnt want to go buy any. After called the 1-800 number and talking to dave he had me stop by. This was a eye opening experience for me. Not all liquids are the same. I was using a company that didnt use 99.999 % pure Nicotine. I also had a sore throat at the beginning for 4 or 5 days. I just wonder if i would have started on a liquid that uses all pure ingredient's if i would have still gotten a sore throat. Anyways just a thought and maybe something to look into. I hear a lot of negative comments about the Chinese E liquids. Which are pretty much in all the pre filled carts you get in a starter kit.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Java_Az View Post
    I just got back from FreedomSmokeUSA a local company here in Tucson that i found last night via this forum. I burnt out my last two atomizers i had and needed some replacements bad. Just got to 3 weeks without a analog and really didnt want to go buy any. After called the 1-800 number and talking to dave he had me stop by. This was a eye opening experience for me. Not all liquids are the same. I was using a company that didnt use 99.999 % pure Nicotine. I also had a sore throat at the beginning for 4 or 5 days. I just wonder if i would have started on a liquid that uses all pure ingredient's if i would have still gotten a sore throat. Anyways just a thought and maybe something to look into. I hear a lot of negative comments about the Chinese E liquids. Which are pretty much in all the pre filled carts you get in a starter kit.
    I've been using a lot of mixtures of juice recently which might also be my problem. me switching juices so often is probably not a good idea lol.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cyia View Post
    I've been using a lot of mixtures of juice recently which might also be my problem. me switching juices so often is probably not a good idea lol.
    I've had a sore and slightly swollen throat come an go recently and noticed it became worse with specific juices. I was also losing the flavor on everything at the same time. I've been using different juices a lot lately since I'm new and wanted to try different stuff. So... after cleaning my atty and even the filler in the carts, I've been vaping only two juices from the same vendor (BWB) for a day and my sore throat has all but cleared up.
    I hope it stays that way.

ECF Veteran

I have the same problem and I still smoke analog's. I quit smoking the E Cig for a month because of it. Tonight I took maybe 4-5 puffs off my E Cig and my throat started to swell a little. I do think it is with certain juices because a couple other I seem to be ok. I have like 9 different juices pre-mixed, lots of flavours, mixing tools,PG/VG. I been thinking of just quitting E Cigs. You can't even sleep when your throat swell's. Plus it seems to last a few days until your throat opens up. We'll see what happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast