Vapor's effect on the lungs
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Vapor's effect on the lungs

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Vapor's effect on the lungs

Does anyone know if vapor damages the lungs like smoke does? I know it's supposed to be safer than smoke, but does it have any effect on lung capacity and the like?
    cfries likes this.

Ultra Member

It could be just my imagination but I actually physically feel as if vaping is somehow doing my lungs some good.

Without doubt my cycling ability to get up the hills is telling me that it is.

PV Master ECF Veteran

My doc said any little brown flecks in the phlegm that still gets coughed up a litle is a sign of the cell regeneration going on. Interesting.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by xKrazYx View Post
    Does anyone know if vapor damages the lungs like smoke does? I know it's supposed to be safer than smoke, but does it have any effect on lung capacity and the like?
    Hi, all I know is I can breathe
    I am a perfect example of the benefits of vaping
    Smoking 3 plus pks a day forever, has allowed to get the gift of COPD
    Basically it is the start of major league lung damage and the loss of lung capacity. If I did not stop analogs, I WOULD HAVE DEVELOPED, and I still might, get EMPHYSEMA as many smokers do and can
    Okay, enough of that!!
    I have been vasping for 5/6 plus months and not one analog
    Vaping and MY lungs have never been better, I do not sound like I am about to fall over, When I used to lie down, you could hear the sounds of Cancer rambling around in there
    My docs say, I am making major league headway, to atleast getting my oxygen intake at somewhat of a normal scale, Lower part of the scale, but I am back on the scale
    I am not taking my ADVAIR everyday any longer,
    so all I can say, it has been a life saver to ME
    jimmy brentnall 25 and cfries like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Yes, my doc suggested I gradually stop all my asthma medication.

My peak flow measurements have already improved (up to 370 from 220 points - UK Airmed scale).

BP slightly up, I need to get back to the gym and also stop eating bacon sandwiches!!

It'll be interesting to see how things improve - after all it's just been a month.

Super Member ECF Veteran

If you do a search of this Forum, you will find a post about (or from, I do not remember) a doctor testing the e-stuff. He claims PG in the vapour actually helps ex-smokers clean their lungs of the tar accumulated by years of inhaling real smoke.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cosican View Post
    Hi, all I know is I can breathe
    I am a perfect example of the benefits of vaping
    Smoking 3 plus pks a day forever, has allowed to get the gift of COPD
    Basically it is the start of major league lung damage and the loss of lung capacity. If I did not stop analogs, I WOULD HAVE DEVELOPED, and I still might, get EMPHYSEMA as many smokers do and can
    Okay, enough of that!!
    I have been vasping for 5/6 plus months and not one analog
    Vaping and MY lungs have never been better, I do not sound like I am about to fall over, When I used to lie down, you could hear the sounds of Cancer rambling around in there
    My docs say, I am making major league headway, to atleast getting my oxygen intake at somewhat of a normal scale, Lower part of the scale, but I am back on the scale
    I am not taking my ADVAIR everyday any longer,
    so all I can say, it has been a life saver to ME
    All I can tell you is CONGRATULATIONS and good job. Keep up the great work. That is so awesome to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

I work on the principle that if PG was all that bad for you, they wouldn't put it in mayonnaise and ice cream. Of course, I haven't tried vaping mayonnaise or ice cream yet (hmm, there's a thought )

I'm sure it would be healthier not to inhale lots of glycerols (whether PG or VG,) or anything else that isn't a natural component of fresh air. But I'm even surer it's less damaging than smoke - I noticed the difference in just a few days (I can actually smell things now, for the first time in a long time.)
    I don't really care about the health benefits myself, but I do believe they're there.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default Give up bacon??? Never!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesarea View Post
    Yes, my doc suggested I gradually stop all my asthma medication.

My peak flow measurements have already improved (up to 370 from 220 points - UK Airmed scale).

BP slightly up, I need to get back to the gym and also stop eating bacon sandwiches!!

It'll be interesting to see how things improve - after all it's just been a month.

If you think for ONE SECOND. THAT I will give up BACON, that just will not happen. I stopped smoking, I stopped doing drugs and alcohol, I stopped eating a half gallon of Breyers Mint Chip Ice Cream every night, ( I am down to a pint) I started exercising on a daily basis and walking everyday.
    I am doing everything right, I am even being NICE to my wife,
    BUT I AINT GIVING UP BACON, I will stop watching stuff w/ Kevin Bacon,
    but, I know when to draw the line

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran leaford's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PG is reportedly in some asthma medications, and is in a vaporized respritory drug for lung transplant patients. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. - Journal of Aerosol Medicine - 20(4):417

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast