Vaping after wisdom tooth extraction: How bad is it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaping after wisdom tooth extraction: How bad is it?

Senior Member ECF Veteran Broseybrose's Avatar

Default Vaping after wisdom tooth extraction: How bad is it?

I got 3 yanked today, slept for 6 hours, and now that im up, im vaping; but less than usual. The bleeding has stopped (mostly) and there's no pain w/ the percs.

So how bad is it? Is it better than smoking, at least?

Dont get me wrong, i heard the doctor say "no smoking for 72 hours" so im aware that its bad. Im just curious how it compares to smoking, or if anyone has any anecdotes?
    Smokeless since 7/4/2010 | VAMO V5 | EVODs | Origin Mech | IGO-L |AVE | Velvet Cloud Vapor| Ahlusion

Super Member ECF Veteran

The action of "sucking" in air may cause you to start bleeding again. I don't know the difference between smoking and vaping, but I know that smoking can cause what they call a dry socket. It's very painful.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran ImYourSalt's Avatar

better than smoking.

i think a lot of it has to do with the suction though. i would try using a manual battery and pull only as hard as you must.

also, i am not a doctor. this is hypothetically, what i might do in your shoes. but i still smoked at that time. and continued to post-op. but only as often as needed, and i took very small puffs. dragging as lightly as possible.

i turned out ok
    Liberty-Flights.com | Quality Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid

Assclown Exterminator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've had oral surgery twice since I've started with ecigs, it never presented any problems at all for me.

yeah, i forgot to mention i have my 510 PT screwed very lightly and the airflow is about the same as air through a fat straw - so definitely better than pulling liquid through a straw.
    Smokeless since 7/4/2010 | VAMO V5 | EVODs | Origin Mech | IGO-L |AVE | Velvet Cloud Vapor| Ahlusion

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
    I've had oral surgery twice since I've started with ecigs, it never presented any problems at all for me.
    Excellent. Thanks Elendil.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The act of "drawing" on the cig is what cause dry socket. This is why they say no smoking. Draw lightly and you will be fine

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Keep some damp bits of gauze in your mouth to help stop getting dry socket, and use a manual battery with light suction to vape, i just did this a few months back after wisdom tooth removal.

As others have stated, yes it's the actual act of sucking that will give you dry sockets, along with the harmful elements of tobacco smoke. Trust me you do not want one, speaking from experience. One trick I learned, stuff cotton balls up into the area where the tooth was extracted, as to form a nice covering/wadding. Then vape away. The cotton balls reduce the "suction" so to speak, and act as a barrier. I did that back when I actually smoked and it worked like a charm, and this was about an hour after being home from having tooth extracted. Granted, it was a molar, so it was a little easier to stuff cotton balls up into the socket and my gum & cheek.
    Last edited by Exuhdos; 10-01-2010 at 03:47 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Exuhdos View Post
    As others have stated, yes it's the actual act of sucking that will give you dry sockets, along with the harmful elements of tobacco smoke. Trust me you do not want one, speaking from experience. One trick I learned, stuff cotton balls up into the area where the tooth was extracted, as to form a nice covering/wadding. Then vape away. The cotton balls reduce the "suction" so to speak, and act as a barrier. I did that back when I actually smoked and it worked like a charm, and this was about an hour after being home from having tooth extracted. Granted, it was a molar, so it was a little easier to stuff cotton balls up into the socket and my gum & cheek.
    This.
    And is it really that hard to not vape for 24 hours after the extraction?
    I had 2 wisdom teeth done twice in July, didn't vape afterwards. But I was counting the minutes,
    And I'd take not vaping over a dry socket any day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast