OMG, waiting for the Benadryl to kick in. This is only the 2nd time in my life I've ever had hives (except when I had poison ivy) and the first time I couldn't pinpoint any cause. I don't have any food or drug allergies that I'm aware of. Neither time have I done/eaten/used anything different.
Well, until the introduction of vaping. So, there is something in the e-liquid causing an allergic reaction. My theory is that it began as a contact allergy. I noticed several days ago a slight rash where I rub...forehead, ears, neck, chin, but nothing significant. Itchy, but it would go away. Well, it's full blown now and actually that's what hives is...a systemic allergic reaction. I also think that my severe poison ivy last year has left me more sensitive. I have rashes in places that don't make much sense now
So, not sure what my course of action should be now. I can:
1. Give vaping up completely;
2. Stop vaping for now until the rash goes away (and that means back to analogs);
3. Keep vaping and use rubber gloves while handling cartridges;
4. Find a possible cause and change it. I'm using the eliquids from myvaporstore.com and occasionally glycerine I got from Michaels. I'm still not sure what's in the eliquids so I don't know what to change to;
5. Give vaping up completely if nothing works...
Really, I'm not concerned about going back to analogs for the time being to give my "allergy" a rest. I've done really well (no analogs in 4 days), but I can do that again. My biggest concern is that this is going to happen again.
Anyone had this problem? I've tried to search but truthfully itching too much right now to really concentrate...LOL.