Symptoms of Chemical poisoning- propylene glycol
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Symptoms of Chemical poisoning- propylene glycol

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default Symptoms of Chemical poisoning- propylene glycol

Info I found on wrongdiagnosis dot com

Symptoms of Chemical poisoning - Propylene Glycol

The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources for Chemical poisoning - Propylene Glycol includes the 10 symptoms listed below:

I also found other sites claiming pg causes heart, kidney and liver damage, chest pains.. (The reason I posted this is b/c I was trying to figure out why my eyes were red.)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Miss Vapor - Have you tried the VG?

Personally, I LOVE VG! It produces a wild amount of vapor. (at least on the unit I use).

Definitely worth a try if you haven't...

Super Member ECF Veteran CssReb's Avatar

Default Wow

I've been vaping pg since December 28th of 2008 and haven't experienced any of thos problems.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Also... does it mention where you found these symptoms if it is for drinking PG?

I personally have not had any of these symptoms. I have heard around here that the PG inhalation allergic reaction does often include a patch of hives. Not to say that everyone will get hives...

However, one thing I have learned is that while the Internet is a fabulous place to do some research on what might be wrong with you, it can also freak you out a bit.

My suggestion: Order some VG and suck on that for awhile. Also, depending on where you are, it is spring and now that you may or may not have that cloud of second hand smoke floating around your head killing off allergies... you MAY be getting allergies now.

I am NOT a doctor... so take my love for what it is worth

Di
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Default We are all poisoned

Oh NO, we are all poisoned.......

did you see that symptom.....

Stupor

we have all got stupor, and the mirror symptom stupid

lol....

Di .......

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

But surely anything in sufficient quantities can do you harm - even water.

The average intake of PG for users of e-cigs would seem to be less than 2ml per day

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran dirt2suck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaceyUnderall View Post
    Also... does it mention where you found these symptoms if it is for drinking PG?

Yeah can't say neither but probably for ingestion/drinking.

Dirt
    Two Retail Locations:
    EPHRATA: 914 N READING RD EPHRATA PA 17522 ~ MOUNT JOY: 441 E MAIN ST MOUNT JOY PA 17552

Super Member ECF Veteran planetofthevapes's Avatar

You would have to actually ingest the propylene glycol, seriously. It takes more than a few drops an hour to poison a person. I would not be conerned in the least bit about propylene glycol. In fact, I believe that it was originally produced to be used as an engine coolant that IS NOT POISONOUS...unless of course you decide to eat/drink it on a daily basis in actually measurable quantities...then yes, then you could hurt your liver and the such. However, think of how much you use in a day...On my heaviest day I have only vaped 1 mL...my husband on his heaviest day has vaped only 1.5 mL. On a normal day, it takes me almost a month to vape 10 mL. Also, you are exhaling a large percentage of that propylene glycol every time you vape as well, do you see the vapor? That's the propylene glycol that produces the visible vapor. Also, if it was such a concern, they would not use Propylene glycol in fog machines (because one standing in front of a fog machine would be breathing in quite literally a gallon or more)...so fog machines would be lethal...and that's not the case. And once again, stating the obvious...any ONE of the 4,000+ chemicals in a burning cigarette are far more lethal than propylene glycol... Just my opinion

Super Member ECF Veteran planetofthevapes's Avatar

Oh, and so true that everything good is bad in large quantities....as angela said....ever heard of water poisoning?

TDM
    Moved On ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Personally I like warning on pg bottle. Excessive use has diarettic effect

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast