Does nicotine reduce oxygen flow in the blood?

Thread: Does nicotine reduce oxygen flow in the blood?

Moved On

Default Does nicotine reduce oxygen flow in the blood?

I know cigarette SMOKE does but I was wondering if nicotine did also. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I am not a doctor, Jim, but I believe carbon monoxide is the component of cigarette smoke responsible for causing poor circulation. CO (carbon Monoxide) is a byproduct of combustion, so it is not present in vapor. On a more empirical and personal note, I have been vaping heavily for almost a year, and my circulation is better than it ever was as a smoker. In fact, living in Utah, I find that warm fingers and toes is one of the best positive effects of switching from analogs.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by des09 View Post
    I am not a doctor, Jim, but I believe carbon monoxide is the component of cigarette smoke responsible for causing poor circulation. CO (carbon Monoxide) is a byproduct of combustion, so it is not present in vapor. On a more empirical and personal note, I have been vaping heavily for almost a year, and my circulation is better than it ever was as a smoker. In fact, living in Utah, I find that warm fingers and toes is one of the best positive effects of switching from analogs.
    Thanks des. That's EXACTLY what I thought. I'm going to start a muscle building workout regiment and circulation is extremely important in recovery. I was hoping my PV wouldn't effect that.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

LIke Mark said, circulation will improve with Ecigs over regular analogs.

But nicotine is a mild vaso-constrictor- just like caffeine/coffee/pepsi are They are all stimulants. I think pretty much ALL stimulants constrict your arteries now that I think about it. That's why they raise your blood pressure a lil.

But our nicotine juice is comparable to coffee so don't fret about it. It's a minor vaso-constrictor and is as safe as caffeine.

Lori

Full Member ECF Veteran videvinci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silkakc View Post
    LIke Mark said, circulation will improve with Ecigs over regular analogs.

But nicotine is a mild vaso-constrictor- just like caffeine/coffee/pepsi are They are all stimulants. I think pretty much ALL stimulants constrict your arteries now that I think about it. That's why they raise your blood pressure a lil.

But our nicotine juice is comparable to coffee so don't fret about it. It's a minor vaso-constrictor and is as safe as caffeine.

Lori
    Lori,
    Nicotine is not a minor constrictor- it is a major constrictor of arteries, depending on the amount you ingest
    A smile is the only language that everyone understands
    :)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by videvinci View Post
    Lori,
    Nicotine is not a minor constrictor- it is a major constrictor of arteries, depending on the amount you ingest
    Is it worse than coffee Videvinci?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Nicotine Surprise | Popular Science

Results indicate that in dogs with normal coronary curculation, a single infusion of nicotine increases both capillary blood flow and terminal vascular capacity; repeated nicotine administration, however, has no significant effect on either.EFFECT OF NICOTINE ON CAPILLARY FLOW AND TERMINAL VASCULAR CAPACITY OF THE HEART IN NORMAL DOGS AND IN ANIMALS WITH RESTRICTED CORONARY CIRCULATION — JPET
    Truthiness: The natural human condition to ignore facts and just go with whats in your gut! Colbert