Does Propylene Glycol Dislodge Tar in Lungs? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Propylene Glycol Dislodge Tar in Lungs?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by happily View Post
    When do I get to cough up stuff............I have never in 20 years, 2+ packs a day gotten the opportunity to cough up stuff.( I feel cheated)
    after you turn 30 to 35 you don't have the joy of coughing all of it back up....at least that is what I have read.

A positive note in regards to propylene glycol (Taken from the bottom of the wikipedia article)

"Studies conducted in 1942 by Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson of University of Chicago's Billings Hospital showed vaporized propylene glycol inhalation in laboratory mice may prevent pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases. Additional studies in monkeys and other animals were undertaken to determine longterm effects, especially the potential for accumulation in the lungs.[17]"

Sweet, so keep vaping and hopefully this swine flu pandemic will skip all of us e smokers

Super Member ECF Veteran

I never coughed up anything when I quit smoking? I smoked for 10 yrs..is that normal?

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'll get a lung x-ray done tomorrow.
    Basically all you have to do is request one while visiting a doctor. Say that your worried about your lungs, even at a regular check-up. This may only show if you have a mass of some sort but maybe it'll show the condition of your lungs. This should be an obvious, nobody's said it, IT WOULD BE HUGE if we got new members to show the before and after x-rays!

Also, if absolutely needed. If the pg is keeping the tar inside. I'll go completely smoke free and vape free for another 2 months and see if I start coughing up tar. We all should do our part!
    Last edited by kgonepostl; 07-05-2009 at 01:01 AM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by happily View Post
    When do I get to cough up stuff............I have never in 20 years, 2+ packs a day gotten the opportunity to cough up stuff.( I feel cheated)
    i never coughed up stuff either but im happy about that bc that would be nasty unless the occasional phlegm counts

Ultra Member

I coughed stuff up for a month after quitting. (Little brown specs) It felt like I gained a little more lung capacity with every productive cough.

I wonder if anyone commenting here uses VG instead?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nitewriter View Post
    I coughed stuff up for a month after quitting. (Little brown specs) It felt like I gained a little more lung capacity with every productive cough.

I wonder if anyone commenting here uses VG instead?
    Why aren't all ejuices vg based by now? It all costs the damn same amount and it has way less side effects!

Quote Originally Posted by vaporize me View Post
    I had quit for 5 years..22 years ago..and at that time, I was coughing up crap unbelievably so.

I've been off of analogs for 70+ days now and nada. I was expecting to clear my lungs from the caked up crap but to this day, I haven't coughed up anything at all.

It seems as though the steam from vaping keeps the crap in tact(?) I do breathe much better now though. Has anybody else been experiencing this that had quit before?

Very much my experience. Breathe better, feel much better; but none of the dark sputum I experienced 25 years ago when last I quit. Four months vaping and not a single analog since I opened my first shipment from China!

PV Master ECF Veteran

I, for one, do not want VG-based liquid. PG has been thoroughly tested and has highly beneficial anti-bacterial effects. VG has not been as tested and has shown lesser anti-bacterial effects. I've used both. I'll go out of my way to order only PG liquid.

Ultra Member

I'm with you on the PG TBob.

I just wondered if VG might inhibit the lungs from clearing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast