does e cig vapor leave anything in your lungs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: does e cig vapor leave anything in your lungs?

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Default does e cig vapor leave anything in your lungs?

i've been wondering if the vapour inhaled leaves any residue in your lungs. Does it effect stamina levels? Does it cause chesty coughs? i've had a cold for about a week now, a flu has gone round my area, i havent caught it but i just have a cold, could this be to do with the e cig?

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

The fact that you say a flu has been going round your area and that YOU HAVENT caught it may sugest that it might be from the benefit's from having PG in your e-cig ....For more on PG read T/Bobs reports because it looks like PG may kill off some vrius's, and since the flu is a virus....who knows.

So.. a flu is going around, and you are getting sick, and your first thought is that its the e-cig? LOL!

Anyways, joking aside, I dont think anyone can answer this question for you. For one, e-cigs are fairly new and no proper testing has ever been done, not to my knowledge atleast. And even if they did tests to see what would happen, that still doesnt really determine what will happen after 10-20 years of smoking them
    cfries likes this.

Though I still think e-cig vapor is alot less harmful than tobacco smoke as most do, we really have no idea if or how bad it is, it's just assuming. Lets just hope for the best!

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

You need to look at Pillbox lab reports on some of his threds ....He seem to be all above board .... See my other posts on T/Standerds etc..... As for the 10 or 20 year bit .... You got to remember that 20yr ago smoking was regarded as a way to relax and was said to be good for you.....Now insted of our GOVERMENT BANNING REAL CIG'S.....THEY DECIDED TO TAX US ALL...... No dout if a e-cig looks good on their "How to raise money book" they will try and take over the big sellers and try and tax us on e-cigs ....In 10yrs time you might be paying 25 for 1 cart = 15 real cigs lol lol lol .....But no dout the price of real cigs will have went down to compeat with th e-cig lol lol lol
    Last edited by rustylug; 09-29-2008 at 11:11 PM.
    cfries likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

i babysat my sick step son the first week I got my ecig. it was a super min that came with traditional tabacco cartridges. i got his cold! At first I was not sure if it was the ecig or the baby. But after a week I figured out it was a "baby cold" from a baby...I will say that I tried to go back to the "traditional tabacco" cartridges that came with my mini instead of my other flavs...it is dryer...and started to make me feel sick again...who knows...the dryer flavs that are called "traditional tabacco" from the generic companies might be not good for us and give us flu like symptoms.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I don't think anyone has yet found protection from the common cold. From decades-old research never refuted, we know PG is an effective bacterial fighter. But the common cold? A virus. No protection. And our practice might increase our chances of "catching" one. Why? If we experience a dry throat at day's end, it can worsen overnight, creating ideal conditions for viruses to enter the bloodstream and multiply (the same way nicotine from nasal snuff or snus enters through the mouth and nose). A raw, cracked, dry throat is an open door to a virus.
    cfries likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

In my personal experience? You can vape til the cows come home...but if you come in contact with somebody with a bad case of the crud, cold, flu, etc., unless you have super-human immune system, you're gonna get it anyway. Vaping don't help. Believe me. I just finished with a pretty bad one and I vape all day.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

do you guys think its cheaper to e smoke, personally i think not

Senior Member ECF Veteran SmokingInTexas's Avatar

Freddo,

I have done the math for MY situation, and YES, e-smoking CAN be cheaper than real cigarettes. HOWEVER, this is really a personal calculation. Based on my read of forum entries and comments, everyone's need/use of the e-cig is not related to the amount of real cigarettes or strength of cigarettes they used to smoke. I think e-smoking is really the development of a NEW habit, which also just has happens to have the ability to replace another.

I used all-caps on the word "CAN" because, there also seems to be a side-habit which develops, which is the purchase of every available e-smoking device, juice, battery, and option. I myself am considering developing a support group for this side of this addiction.

If I stop adding to my collection, in a few months I will break even and actually start saving money. But again, this really is a personal evaluation. I think a person beginning down the e-smoking trail should evaluate their needs after the ... playing phase is over with. Then it's a safe bet that measurement of carts/liguid/batts/atomizers can more accuratly be made. One last thing that HAS to be considered is, the value of ones health. For me, even if my e-cig habit worked out to the same price as regular smoking, the e-cigs would win, because, a lung is DAMN expensive (and so is clothes cleaning, deoderizers, breath freshners, lighters, ashtrays, etc. (and GOOD RIDENCE)
    Running Wolf and cfries like this.
    Tex

[ I used to be very indecisive, but now...I'm not so sure.] :pervy:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast