Cartomizers and chest pain?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cartomizers and chest pain?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Cartomizers and chest pain?

Been vaping for almost 9 months now and at the beginning of my vaping "career" I immediately took to atomizer - I've tried cartomizers (DCs and Horizontals) and within minutes of using them I can feel my chest tightening up and I have a hard time breathing. There's no way it's the juice (flavorless ) and there's no way it's the mix because I've never had any issues with atomizers.

I'm thinking it's the polyfill that's doing it for me because I didn't have any issues with clearomizers. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Better yet has anyone had a similar issue and found a carto that works for you?

Super Member ECF Veteran Robin Macri's Avatar

I think atomizers are easier on my lungs.I cant tell you why,I use cartos sometimes but my main way to vape is dripping on an atty with my provari.Sometimes the cartos give me a heavy feeling.If you ask me dripping is just a more clean taste too.
    Newwell likes this.

This is interesting, because I've mainly used carts in the 2 months I've been vaping. I bought an EGO-T kit but only used it for a day, cause it sucks, lol.

Anyhow, I sometimes get a "heavy" chest feeling, and rarely some chest pain. Also if I vape too much my pulse does funny things. Don't worry, I have a check-up appointment today, and will talk to the doc about it

Once they're in stock, I'm going to buy some Vision Star Dust tanks. This should be interesting because there's only a wick and coil, no filler. I've also gone to a higher VG juice, because PG dries me out so much.

So anyway, I'll post back in this thread when I've experimented with the star dusts. I think just for kicks I'll buy a regular drip atomizer too.

ECF Veteran

So far I found that the only thing that works for me is dripping straight through...

Ya know...as I think back, I don't remember having these problems until I started using the EMDCC..maybe until I get the new hardware, I'll go back to Kanger horizontals...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Charlz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by curlyballs View Post
    This is interesting, because I've mainly used carts in the 2 months I've been vaping. I bought an EGO-T kit but only used it for a day, cause it sucks, lol.

Anyhow, I sometimes get a "heavy" chest feeling, and rarely some chest pain. Also if I vape too much my pulse does funny things. Don't worry, I have a check-up appointment today, and will talk to the doc about it

Once they're in stock, I'm going to buy some Vision Star Dust tanks. This should be interesting because there's only a wick and coil, no filler. I've also gone to a higher VG juice, because PG dries me out so much.

So anyway, I'll post back in this thread when I've experimented with the star dusts. I think just for kicks I'll buy a regular drip atomizer too.
    Give these a try over the Stardust. Reviews: RIVA-T TANK - $4.99 : Cropduster901!, Home of the B-52
    I was completely unimpressed with the Stardust. Another hyped up product that looks way better than it is. (imho)

Never had that experience with filler before and I'm sensitive to everything! But you're not the first person to bring it up.
    No, that is not a Provari in my pocket. So guess what that means!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Phil,

I've been vaping for a little over a year now and I drip most of the time because I found cartos tightened up my chest, gave me a tickling feeling in the throat and lungs and make me feel short of breath.

Since I have the luxury of working from home I drip but when I am out and about I use SmokelessImage cartos.

I have found that they are the only ones that do not give me that tightness or heavy feeling you are describing.

As well the Fluxomizers and Stardust from GotVapes work great for me without the issues but my only complaint is, I go through a lot more juice.

So you're not alone Bro!

ECF Veteran

Glad to hear it - I've gotten used to dripping that whether I'm at home, at work or on the road I can drip without even shifting my attention from what I'm doing but on certain occasions the luxury and convenience of a cartomizer would certainly be appreciated.

I'll give the SmokelessImage cartos a try, although I think they're just standard horizontal coil 808s no?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just a friendly reminder to never ignore cardiac or respiratory symptoms and assume "it must be something about the vape." Lot of us here, that have managed to do a lot of damage, by smoking for decades. It all just doesn't go away overnight when you quit smoking. Seek medical input if there is ever any question about symptoms involving chest pain, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.

ECF Veteran

Completely agree, I have an appointment for a chest scan at the end of the month so hopefully that will shed some light on the matter.

I just find it odd that the issue only arises from using cartomizers, and I have never have had this symptom with atomizers..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast