I was on GRBC - Canada's home of premium eliquid and electronic cigarettes earlier today and was reading about some general info about vaping, when I came across the header "What is e-Liquid and whats in it"
e-cigarette newbies guide
First it states "Consumption and exposure to propylene glycol is generally recognized as safe in humans."
Ok, thats goods, but then under "Proper Use & Handling" it goes...
E-liquid should never be used in any manner outside of e-cigarette use, its composition is toxic to humans and animals and should always be kept out of the reach of children and pets. If you ever spill e-liquid you should whipe it up immediately, its often sweet flavors invite naive animals into consuming it and even a small amount can be fatal to small animals. If you spill a large amount on yourself you should remove your clothing and thoroughly shower, the contents of a 30ml e-liquid bottle could be fatal to an adult if absorbed through the skin. Please always be responsible with your e-liquid. It is your responsibility to properly inform others about the hazards associated with it, so please do so.
Wow, generally recognized as safe eh? So toxic to humans, and maybe even fatal if a small 30ml bottle were to spill on you? But fine to breathe into our lungs?
Am I missing something here? Is the issue with the Nicotine? Or is VG
not really as safe as it is made out to seem?
Thoughts, comments anyone? Should we be breathing this stuff in?