PG Allergy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PG Allergy

Default PG Allergy

what are the symptoms of PG allergy?? I know this is possible but is there like a list about the possible or reported symptoms of this allergy?

Full Member ECF Veteran

I'm not too sure on all the symptoms, but pretty sure sore throat is one. I think I may be allergic because I get a dry, scratchy, swollen throat when using PG. And drinking water, or coffee, does not help.

Someone more knowledgeable will be able to provide more info...this is just my experience.

I've been vaping a lot of PG lately and I've had a sore throat but no other symptoms that I've noticed. Would like to know if sore throat is common among people who are sensitive to PG.

Ibuprophen helps the soreness, BTW.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Soreness is due to the inhalation in general, whether PG or VG - my suggestion is to vape less (use higher strength nic if needed) and/or drink more water. It also seems to go away quickly for many, within about a week.

PG allergies, from what I've read (not here, medical sites mostly when I was first interested) would show the same as any food allergy - same with VG. If its a mild allergy, maybe your throat is more sensitive - I don't know, that question would be best posed to a doctor. The simple answer is to try straight VG as well, and see how that feels. If you don't feel irritated, focus on VG, or atleast get PG liquid and add VG (so up the strength and flavor for mixing down).

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I sneezed a lot. Throat hurt. Drank a lot of liquids but still happened. Sinus got real bad. Eyes watered. Side of my face and glands in neck got swollen. Had to get antibiotics from doctor to get rid of it. Using vg and so far everything is going good.

But while I have been using pg and vg... my nails have grown longer,stronger, great. My hair is growing great too.

But I've always been allergic to different things.

i vape PG and all i notice is I iche allot

Im about to quit my e-cig if this iching dosnt go away.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I'm not sure if this is classed as an allergy, but there are definitely reactions to something. I had to stop PG, very sore throat, awful cough, which was disturbing, I quit tobacco cigarettes coughing my head off!, lung pains, both sides, and a general feeling of being strangled from the inside out!
    I switch to pure VG, and have had no problems at all. One cartful of PG will put me right back on the disabled list, so has to be something to it.
    We all need to drink more water, but water won't stop the kind of reactions you talk about. Switch to a good verified Vegetable Glycerin, such as ECOpure and give it a try. I try to stay away from generic Glycerin because source of ingredients can be questionable, it could be "synthetic" or could be animal fat or vegetable.

I think my next batch will be VG based

I agree with Kate51, try a VG based juice. Using PG, I had a sore throat and even developed sores in my throat. Since switching to a glycerin based stuff, no issues at all. When at home, I vape constantly with VG and have no problems. Checkout Vermont Vapor for VG juices. Good customer service and fast shipping in the US. I get my orders to Hawaii in 2 to 3 days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast