Water Vapor and Lungs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Vapor and Lungs

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Water Vapor and Lungs

I have an interesting question...

Since our lungs are meant to inhale air, what is the effect on the lungs to inhaling moist air (water vapor). My initial thought is that it keeps the lungs moist which is good for you no?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

what water vapor are you talking about
    where do you live?
    people live in florida wiht 98% humidity .

no different than breathing humidity in the air, taking an inhaler for asthma, or doing a breathing treatment such as with albuterol.

Quote Originally Posted by brownbrown4 View Post
    what water vapor are you talking about
    where do you live?
    people live in florida wiht 98% humidity .
    Ha! I live in Manhattan, so I inhale much worse than humid air, in the Summer.

Vaping is a concentrated amount of water vapor entering the lungs, especially the clouds I am making. So I am interested to know what effect is has on the lungs since this is not a natural thing to do - know what I mean?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Actually, we're inhaling mostly propelyne glycol, which can dry out your lungs. Some members have had concerns about dry spots in their lungs from time to time.

Inhaling ANYTHING into your lungs is bad, but our vapor is safer than our old cigarette smoke, so it's kind of like the lesser of two evils.

I am looking forward to the day I do not rely on inhaling anything into my lungs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Actually, we're inhaling mostly propelyne glycol, which can dry out your lungs. Some members have had concerns about dry spots in their lungs from time to time.

Inhaling ANYTHING into your lungs is bad, but our vapor is safer than our old cigarette smoke, so it's kind of like the lesser of two evils.

I am looking forward to the day I do not rely on inhaling anything into my lungs!
    So that would mean that vaping is NOT good for you by any measure. It's less bad in fact. That's not comforting

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Not saying that vaping specifically is "bad", but inhaling anything except oxygen (even oxygen is bad if it is too much) is bad for your lungs.

You went from inhaling tar and 4000 chemicals including cyanide with cigarettes to less than 40 chemicals with the worst being nicotine and PG with the e-cig. You traded up for sure

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If the PG thought bothers you, you can always go for vegetable glycerine juices.

Moved On

I would wager a guess that inhaling PG is much safer than sucking on the tailpipe of an automobile. With all the toxins we inhale everyday, PG trumps tobacco smoke anyday. No scientific evidence to back up my comment, but eliminating the cancer-causing compounds from burning tobacco can be nothing but reducing the harm we were doing to ourselves as analog smokers.

Full Member ECF Veteran

PG is the first ingredient in my allergy spray medicine. I inhale that, and of course it is FDA approved, so no worries- right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast