poll of the symptom: bleeding gums - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you have bleeding gums

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • I e-smoke exclusively (more than 2 weeks) and have bleeding gums

82 33.06%
  • I e-smoke exclusively (less than two weeks) and have bleeding gums

5 2.02%
  • I still smoke cigarettes and e-smoke (more than 2 weeks) and have bleeding gums

6 2.42%
  • I smoke cigarettes and e-smoke (less than 2 weeks) and having bleeding gums

2 0.81%
  • I do not suffer with bleeding gums

147 59.27%
  • I don't brush my teeth, they go in a glass at night

6 2.42%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: poll of the symptom: bleeding gums

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I know it's old but I'm glad I found this thread! Been vaping for a week now and just yesterday I noticed that one of my crowns seem to be sensitive. Then last night before bed when I brushed my teeth lots of blood, yuck. Laying in bed it felt like my gums were really swollen, better this morning.
    Thanks for all the info everyone!
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Over the river and through the woods, Western NY

My gums just started bleeding like crazy about a week ago, and they were sore. I figured it was because i quit smoking cuz of everything i read on this forum.

I switched to a softer toothbrush and it went away

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." – Doctor Who

I have been vaping only for about 7 weeks, have noticed bleeding gums since the first week, no tenderness or any other symptom or side effect.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I've been vapping from mid June. My gums started bleeding 2 weeks in. I brush my teeth two times a day. Use listerine mouth wash, and use hydrogen peroxide at night.

In the morning I wake up with a mouth full of blood. It's gross, but I'm half way used to it. A good brush, and mouth wash and it stops. Come evening it's back, and I use hydrogen peroxide, or salt water then it stops. I then brush before bed with little to no bleeding. Yet, when I wake up it's back....I even went, and bought one of those high dollar tooth brushes.

I have tried different levels of nicotine, to not vapping at night. Nothing seems to help.... I don't have dental insurance, and really don't want a thousand dollar bill.......

Now I read this Eludril works, and it's not sold in the US. Should I order some? Is it a stronger kind of mouth wash?

Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I was having these same symptoms too, but they actually started in the days BEFORE I got my first PV and was still smoking. It was actually one of the symptoms that was telling me to quit analogs. I was getting the strong impression that the cigarettes I was smoking were more toxic than those that I had been smoking for years. It persisted for a couple of weeks after I started vaping and smoked very little. Now it is essentially gone, even with flossing.

Perhaps you are experiencing a residual issue with analogs.

Also, we are ingesting MUCH less nicotine than from the patch, and certainly much less than analogs...about 1/10 the amount. Nic is a vasoconstricter. Perhaps with lower nic in general more blood is flowing to the gums and the damage that cig tar causes.

Just a thought. If it persists I would definitely see a dentist.

Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Also, we are a pretty big group here, as in 10s of 1000s. Statistically gum disease could be hitting some of us anyway, independent of vaping. Not saying the PV is innocent, at least not yet, but there are other variables that should be ruled out.

One of the oral side effects of smoking is receding and bleeding gums. I had both. The bleeding I describe above was actually a concern about possible gum or bone infection and possible tooth loss. But again, this started about a month BEFORE I started vaping. A little colloidal silver dripped onto the gum area healed it right up. It has been fine for several days, but I will be more watchful of it now based on the implications of this thread.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I visited my hygienist today for my 6 months cleaning/checkup. It's the first time I've seen her since I stopped smoking and started vaping. (It's been 5 months this week.)

Anyway, she noticed right away, without me having to tell her, that I had stopped smoking. While she was thrilled that I had almost zero stain on my teeth (it was the easiest cleaning I've ever had), she was mostly excited by the condition of my gums.

She explained that smokers typically don't suffer from bleeding gums, which, in nonsmokers, can be a sign of gum disease because tobacco restricts blood flow. But when a smoker stops, the gum tissues regain blood flow and start to 'come back to life'. During that time, there can be increased bleeding. She indicated that I had some bleeding present today but it was expected. She tried to explain how, before, my gums had a sort of gray, lifeless pallor to them. But now they are bright, pink, and healthy looking.

Both she and the dentist were amazed at how healthy my gums and palate look now compared to what they had been. (I've been seeing this same hygienist/dentist for over 20 years: a little less than the time I smoked.)

My hygienist was very intrigued by my e-cig. She wrote down several Web sites (the ones I could remember off-hand) to look up and share with her other patients who smoke.

I started to have bleeding gums 3 weeks ago. I've never had anything like that in my whole life. I was hoping it would stop eventually, but it didnīt. It was so much blood while brushing my teeth that it made me really terrified. All the toothpaste foam that came out from my mouth was completely red.

I quit analogs in May and since then I just vape. I used to vape quite a lot (in the evenings I used to sit in front of the computer and vape continuously) my Joye 510 and sometimes I could feel that my gums were getting swollen while vaping.

I was so concerned for my teeth health that I stopped smoking (was not too hard, I've been smoking for just 2 years). After JUST 2 days it stopped bleeding completely and after 6 days (now) it looks MUCH healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Yes, I have heard of scurvy. I know I live in the UK and that may make us a third world country these days. I am clearly not short of a bob or two, as I can afford lots of things, including ecigs, inexpensive vitamins and fresh organic fruit and vegetables. ffs.
    This Girl's gots some Moxy!!!
    I had that bleeding deal too... but it cleared up after a week (or three).

Respects

Ultra Member ECF Veteran quovadis's Avatar

Yes me too.

But it's all good..increased blood flow in the gums = less periodontal disease.

It's not scurvy, unless you have had no form of vitamin C for a year or more.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast