Vaping not for everyone especially me - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Vaping not for everyone especially me

Ultra Member Verified Member vaperature's Avatar

Yeah sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you but what I don't get is that you were among one in the very tiny percentage of people who apparently have allergies to propylene glycol and it was so severe that you had to seek medical attention, yet you continued to buy more e-liquid and continued to vape? Why? And with all due respect, because I don't want to be misunderstood as trying to flame you are itch for an argument, but we already know that a rare portion of the population is allergic to some of the ingredients in e-juice. Sharing this horror story of yours about what seems to me to be self inflicted misery after you were already aware that "vaping wasn't for you" seems to me to have intentions that aren't crystal clear to me.
    dedi likes this.
    Learn about this first of its kind book about vaping, the first ever full length literary work with a vaper as the main protagonist: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...vape-book.html

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I hope you will at least learn to smoke without inhaling if you continue with it... maybe try a pipe? Best of luck to you.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry friend ,
    I've ben there and know how you feel this was my last shot at quitting thank got I was able to quit .
    Have you tried a nicotine inhaler yet ? It may help ?

sorry about the miscommunication there I wasn't trying to associate vaping symptoms with Chantix symptoms in that sence of it just that vaping is just another product that's what that ment . im glad for you that it worked out fine , but as I saw another poster say not all of us are the same , in anyway .
    hey I can honestly say I was waiting for the symptoms to go away or at least ease up and I giave vaping a chance for months and the problems never went away until i obviously stopped vaping I just got tired of the side effects everyday . for me it just wasn't worth it

well to answer your question , I wanted vaping to work , and I wanted to experiment with it to see if a happy medium could be found
    you never know until you try , you never know how cold the water is until you test it out so to speak .
    if you don't try you don't know . as for the PG allergy , I don't have an allergy to PG or VG , my system just couldn't adjust and the symptoms of stoping smoking combined with the chemicals in the juice my system just couldn't adjust , so I threw it all away and stopped vaping and picked the cigs back up , sooner or later down the line maybe I will try another product who knows . as for the small percentage of folks you mentioned are in that failure category with vaping , that percentage isn't exactly as small as you think .
    remember a product is only great if it works for you , if it doesn't then guess what its not great anymore is it ?
    I am well aware most here support and believe in this vaping product , but I guess im among that percentage that figured out that its not that great for everyone nothing is .
    does anyone have any good info on nic inhalers to share I may look into that product next
    Last edited by Skinr1; 12-16-2013 at 04:50 PM.

We can help with Nic inhalers, but you must rein in your expectations. NOTHING is a miracle.

I thought I read, that you decided to quit analogs cold and just vape.
    Did you dual use?
    Could you replace just ONE cigarette per day with an e-cigg? Two?
    Have you tried Snus?
    The point is: SMOKING is killing you. ONE cigarette at a time. Don't deny yourself the cigarette that you want/need, just try to postpone it.

Best of luck on your journey and good luck quitting smoking.
    I
    My wood swells.

no what I did was just stop cold , after 30+ years of smoking and started vaping ..... and yes perhaps that was major mistake #1
    what happened to me was , the combined symptoms of stopping smoking suddenly the shock of that along with the reactions to the chemicals in the juices , I just couldn't adjust and it wound up being a recipe for failure . I was tested for the PG and VG
    and I just couldn't adjust so now its time to move on to the next product , check that out and maybe try again . who knows maybe something else will work .

Full Member ECF Veteran justagirl's Avatar

Hi there Skinr1-

I feel ya about the side effects. I broke out in hives first and then went through a period of unbearable fatigue. However, I was not willing to go back to smoking full time and now all side effects are gone....but, that was just me.

I am sorry to hear you are unable to vape. GL with quitting smoking.

JAG

thanks JAG , theres got to be something out there that will work has to be , maybe I will look into that inhaler thing im just happy I figured all this out before I went out and wasted my $$$ on all the fancy mods I wanted

Sorry to hear you were having problems,but you made an interesting comment here: "but then I also noticed , when I picked up a pack of cigs , suddenly all the symptoms would disappear"

These are typical withdrawal symptoms from any drug,the fact all your symptoms disappeared once you had a cigarette says it is the cigarettes which are causing the problem.(i.e. your body got it's fix)
    Side effects from tobacco withdrawal can last a long long time,it's not just the nicotine,it's the other 7000 or so chemicals you have to rid from your body,which obviously will take time.
    I really am not trying to dissuade you from vaping just trying to put a little perspective on what & why you are experiencing these sort of symptoms.

Good luck in either case
    telsie, twgbonehead, Izan and 5 others like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast