Vaping not for everyone especially me - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Vaping not for everyone especially me

As I'm sure you are aware, different juices can affect you differently. Even juices from the same vendor can do that. I bought a disposable from a vendor and really liked it. I bought an EVOD tank and ego battery with that same liquid. I took 2-3 puffs and had a horrible headache for days. A month or so later, i wanted to see if that juice was the cause. After vaping a different juice for a month, i tried the headache vape... got the same headache again. I trashed the juice immediately. I have tried other juices from other vendors and have not had the same issue. Right now, I only vape one juice.

Maybe you should try a flavorless 100% VG or 100% PG (whatever did not aggravate your issues) liquid nic. It could be the flavoring giving you the issues. Obviously, your body likes nicotine. Grab a small 100% VG or 100% PG flavorless liquid and try that.

or not... YMMV
    Good Luck.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with what others have said in regards to the cig withdrawls. From the symptoms you described it is classic cig withdrawl. I had similar symptoms other times that I tried quitting smoking with the patch and gum and... and... pick whatever. Never tried the Chantix and from the horror stories if mental problems it can cause I'm not going to.

Now I will say I still smoke cigs. I'm weaning myself off of them. About oh 3 years ago I first tried and did the vaping thing and still smoking in about oh a month or so I had gone from almost 3 packs a day down to 0 a day and vaping. But this was over a period of time and progression of letting my body detox from the cig chemicals a little at a time. Now 3 years later I'm doing the same thing.

I roll my own so I'm not getting as much of the chemicals from cigs but still getting enough. Actually what is interesting is that it took me a while to get used to my own rolled smokes because they were missing some of the chemicals that I was used to in name brand cigs. So that took me about of a month or maybe more just to wean off of name brand cigs to my own rolled cigs.

But anyways. I'm not a fan of the cold turkey method as it can wreak havoc on your body and mind with the withdrawl symptoms which can get pretty bad. I'm on the wean yourself over a period of time for as long as it takes. Weeks, months... maybe longer but eventually.

Now on the flip side. Vaping is not for everyone and I'm not going to say it is. If you feel like it was the vaping or the ejuice or something else that was hurting you then by all means quit. Don't do something that makes you miserable and don't advocate for something that you don't agree with. I think vaping is helping me and me alone. If someone asks I'll say it works for me and if they want to try it that's their choice and theirs alone. As you have said there is no "one size fits all" with anything in this world just as people have a preference in name brand cigs or particular ejuice or even coke or pepsi. To each their own, live and let live.
    Izan likes this.

I can honestly say I am not experiencing negative side effects. I can breath better and I cough less, for me there hasn't been any noticeable side effects besides dry mouth. I am not sure why ecigs may affect another person differently.

"Tobacco smoke slows the normal movement of the microscopic hairs (cilia) that line your lungs. When you stop smoking, the cilia become active again. As the cilia recover and the mucus is cleared from your lungs, you might cough more than usual — perhaps for several weeks.
    In the meantime, you can speed the process by staying well hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids, such as water and juice. You might also increase the humidity in the air with a humidifier or vaporizer." Coughing after quitting smoking: What's the deal? - MayoClinic.com

Maybe, switching back between cigs and ecigs just prolonged this. If OP stayed off the stinkys completely for a few weeks and the symptoms persisted, I guess it could be an adverse reaction, but if one switches back and forth, I believe it may be a result of what is described above.
    reptifarm likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good luck on your journey, OP. I simply want to add that I think it's a shame you threw your vaping supplies in the trash instead of passing them on to someone for whom e-cigarettes might have worked.
    jj1257, Just Me, The Rebel and 4 others like this.

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Izan View Post
    Have you tried Snus?
    ^^^^This is the only reason I am smoke free for over ten months now. Snus made the difference that vaping couldn't for me. When I tried vaping by itself, I was miserable and still smoking three or four analogs a day. Many hours of reading and research led me to try Swedish snus. Tobacco contains certain alkaloids which are missing in ejuice. My body was missing those alkaloids and snus provided the answer. I dropped those three or four analogs the next day and been smoke free ever since.

Good suggestion Izan for anyone who is struggling with quitting using vaping alone.
    telsie likes this.

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    Fortunately for the millions who have quit analogs by vaping, yours is the rare exception.
    And the graciousness ends. This is like someone saying they don't like soccer and you pointing out that millions around the world love it. Unfortunately, our physiologies can react as differently to things as our personalities. Glad the poster gave it a solid effort. If this was a forum about honey and you couldn't choke it down but wanted to let us know you really tried all I could say is "way to give it a go". I don't think it should be any different here.
    Utew likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I agree with your last statement, Jay-dub, but have to say, I don't read wv2win's post as ungracious at all, simply a statement of fact. Without exception (as best I recall) posters have replied in a supportive and helpful manner to OP, who has *more* than made his point in his several posts.
    Spazmelda and Nermal like this.

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Senior Member Verified Member HeavenNorHell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie W View Post
    Sorry to hear you were having problems,but you made an interesting comment here: "but then I also noticed , when I picked up a pack of cigs , suddenly all the symptoms would disappear"

These are typical withdrawal symptoms from any drug,the fact all your symptoms disappeared once you had a cigarette says it is the cigarettes which are causing the problem.(i.e. your body got it's fix)
    Side effects from tobacco withdrawal can last a long long time,it's not just the nicotine,it's the other 7000 or so chemicals you have to rid from your body,which obviously will take time.
    I really am not trying to dissuade you from vaping just trying to put a little perspective on what & why you are experiencing these sort of symptoms.

Good luck in either case
    I agree with what you say here. OP had been smoking for 30 years, went cold turkey and started vaping.

No offense OP, but I'm thinking it's quite likely that you simply jumped into this way too fast. Personally, I managed to quit cold turkey for vaping, I've also only smoked for 5ish years at a PAD. If you'd been smoking for 30 years, that could easily be your problem. Try Dual-using, keep smoking but lower how much you smoke, SLOWLY. Say you smoke 3 PADs, lower it to 2, and vape in between cravings. Slowly cutting yourself back is much better then just up and quitting one day.

Like Julie said, theres so many chemicals in analogs, which your body also begins depending on over time. Nicotine certainly isn't the only thing addictive in them. I hope you can try giving this a shot and not give up on vaping just yet, but do be careful. Nobody here wants to watch people sacrifice health for vaping, thats the whole reason we're here is for our health! I think you just jumped the gun a bit too much for your body.

Good luck hope this helps

Previously known as eV4P3.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Julie W View Post
    Sorry to hear you were having problems,but you made an interesting comment here: "but then I also noticed , when I picked up a pack of cigs , suddenly all the symptoms would disappear"

These are typical withdrawal symptoms from any drug,the fact all your symptoms disappeared once you had a cigarette says it is the cigarettes which are causing the problem.(i.e. your body got it's fix)
    Side effects from tobacco withdrawal can last a long long time,it's not just the nicotine,it's the other 7000 or so chemicals you have to rid from your body,which obviously will take time.
    I really am not trying to dissuade you from vaping just trying to put a little perspective on what & why you are experiencing these sort of symptoms.

Good luck in either case
    I'll have to agree that the symptoms, I believe are more the withdrawal of the analogs from the body. I'm no doctor but as stated above smoking tobacco plus the chemicals may be your body's reactions causing your illness. Just my
    I am a 45 yrs plus analog and yes it was tuff to switch. But since my quit day I have not looked back. I wish you the best of luck and do hope you find a way of ditching the stinkies.
    Just Me likes this.

CASSA Member/Supporter

If symptoms stop when going back to smoking, its more likely issues related to cigarette withdrawal and not vaping. I have over a hundred quit attempts under my belt (sadly) and "the quit" is different every time. Sometimes the withdrawal will last for last months, and sometimes the withdrawal will last a week only to rear it's head a few months later. Sometimes the symptoms are physical and sometimes they are mental. This is why I started vaping after three months of quitting cigarettes with a NRT. During the last quit I experience extreme swelling (think stretch marks) and is a symptom I never had before. If I was vaping I would have probably attributed it to vaping when it wasn't.

That is not to say everyone response well to vaping. Its just so many blame vaping and PG (I did the same thing) for what is really cigarette withdrawal. You are the only one that knows your body and situation. If you feel vaping is the culprit, then please try an alternative method instead of going back to cigarettes. Every time you quit you gain experience; it becomes easier the more you do it and eventually you will succeed.
    telsie, Just Me and Bramble like this.

Stinky Free Since July 4, 2013

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast