Vaping not for everyone especially me - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Vaping not for everyone especially me

Ultra Member ECF Veteran damthisisfun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skinr1 View Post
    well to answer your question , I wanted vaping to work , and I wanted to experiment with it to see if a happy medium could be found
    you never know until you try , you never know how cold the water is until you test it out so to speak .
    if you don't try you don't know . as for the PG allergy , I don't have an allergy to PG or VG , my system just couldn't adjust and the symptoms of stoping smoking combined with the chemicals in the juice my system just couldn't adjust , so I threw it all away and stopped vaping and picked the cigs back up , sooner or later down the line maybe I will try another product who knows . as for the small percentage of folks you mentioned are in that failure category with vaping , that percentage isn't exactly as small as you think .
    remember a product is only great if it works for you , if it doesn't then guess what its not great anymore is it ?
    I am well aware most here support and believe in this vaping product , but I guess im among that percentage that figured out that its not that great for everyone nothing is .
    does anyone have any good info on nic inhalers to share I may look into that product next
    I am not in you shoes and certainly no doctor. You say you are not allergic to PG or VG - but your body could not adjust to the symptoms of of stopping smoking combined with the chemicals in the juice. Others will correct me - the only other chemicals in most juices are - Nicotine (guessing since you smoked u didnt start with 0), Glycerol, flavor, color, citric acid and deionized water - this is from JC's website - my ADV. So did the Doctors run test to see if you are allergic to these others chemicals? Is it possible that the fact that your body was not getting the 1,000s of chemicals in cigarettes was causing your symptoms? You may have explained this in a post and I missed it - if you did - please accept my apology. I am genuinely confused about your symptoms.

ENDS - Electronic Nicotine Delivery System. Vape on.

Senior Member ECF Veteran KENNY V's Avatar

Everyone is right about something here .. However when you have multiple issues its hard to rule out what is what? Is it detox withdrawal symptoms? or reactions from some sort of intolerance ?
    Most folks cant believe the symptoms the body can produce. Esp when going though withdrawals. Of course they are real esp when when body is going though major detox through the process of getting over a major addiction. Your brain is very powerful tool and can come up with many reasons and side effects on letting go of the smokes . I had 45 days of hell IMO a perfect storm for crashing .. In short . Too quick too fast cutting my 30 yr PAD habit down ... Lack of WTA and on top of I Had a MAJOR Withdrawals of every kind.( they did not stop only got worse....... ) .On top of that had MAJOR reactions to PG or an juice containing a small % PG .. Was imposable to rule out completely till I finial got that out of equation . Was a living Hell.... Took me 40 days to sort out what was what .. But than for me it was too late . Long story

You guys have no idea what I went through w/ vaping stuff that didn't agree with me. And allot of you folks tried to help and put up with me. THANKS GUYS esp the ones who personalty reached out. Some folks thought I was Not for real..... Lots of Major withdrawal symptoms, all the while of not getting any WTA's . It was over 30 days no WTA's ... By the time I realized what was going on too late than I crashed . At that point I was 2 months in quit mode cut my SMOKING IN HALF..down %70 ..down %80 down to none.... and even smoke free for about 7 days but then I crashed .. Btw I have not returned to baseline yet... wish me luck when I try again... . thanks for listening . Sorry to jump on this thread but love to hear a few responses to my comments if and when I give it another whirl...

One other thing I was wondering has anyone who has tried to quit had some bad withdraws , perhaps crashed or had a breakdown during the process. , if so then after they realized or felt like something chemically changed?
    If that has happened to anyone reading how long did it take for you to go back to baseline?
    Thanks so much Guys

Be well Happy New Years Fellow vapers you guys/ gals are a great support group.

Kenny V

Wow. I had no idea it was so difficult for some people.

Sknr1, I suggest that you try switching to some RYO cigarettes for a while. Just make sure to use an organic tobacco, like American Spirit in the light blue can or pouch. I used a cheapo Top roller, Top papers, and Premier brand filters. These have the nicotine you need, they are a real cigarette, and they taste good (as good as a stinky can). The difference is that the additional chemicals that keep you hooked on smoking aren't in there. I made that switch after 27 years of smoking. When I switched to RYO, I had withdrawals (from all of the other stuff in cigarettes). It was quite hard to believe. I'd be driving down the road smoking, and have the urge to pull into a gas station to pick up a pack of Marlboro lights. Fortunately, I did not do that. In about a week, the withdrawals went away. When I switched to vaping, I had no problems whatsoever.

This would be a good way for you to determine if it is the act of quitting, or the act of vaping that is causing you problems.
    Just Me likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

[QUOTE=MD_Boater;11751232]Wow. I had no idea it was so difficult for some people.

I didn't either Boater! I guess I can count my blessings again. Stopped smoking the day I started vaping after 30 plus years of smoking. Never looked back....been at it for almost four yrs and have no plans to stop.
    Just Me likes this.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'll be the first to admit that I crashed. I was a PAD for 12 years and then I simply up and quit. I went through minor withdrawal and then it went away shortly (5-6 days). I got really into vaping and all the gadgets and really enjoyed it. Then my grandmother passed away and I just lost all of my self control in everything. We were close and that might be why I had such an adverse reaction but I just got frustrated and started smoking about 6 months in. I'm now back to baseline and haven't touched an analog in over 8 months but I did crash. It wasn't a failure as far as I see it, just an obstacle to overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just Me likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel View Post
    ^^^^This is the only reason I am smoke free for over ten months now. Snus made the difference that vaping couldn't for me. When I tried vaping by itself, I was miserable and still smoking three or four analogs a day. Many hours of reading and research led me to try Swedish snus. Tobacco contains certain alkaloids which are missing in ejuice. My body was missing those alkaloids and snus provided the answer. I dropped those three or four analogs the next day and been smoke free ever since.

Good suggestion Izan for anyone who is struggling with quitting using vaping alone.
    If you're still willing to give vaping another shot, perhaps a WTA eliquid might be the answer
    WTA e-liquid - the issues
    and read some of DVAP's blogs E-Cigarette Forum - DVap - Blogs on WTA

I think for some of us, especially long time smokers ( I was an almost a pack and half a day for 35 years) the withdrawal from smoking can be pretty severe. For me, the chemical changes have been pretty bad at times. I've gone through a number of bouts of severe anxiety, insomnia headaches, to name a few. At about a month in, I thought I was allergic to, PG but even though I was drinking enough water, when I increased my water intake, I was fine with PG.

IMO, there's a lot of reactions and symptoms that people blame on vaping but it's more likely due to all the changes our bodies are going through because of quitting cigarettes. Not all...but I think people don't realized what the toxins in cigarettes have done to our systems from years of smoking and when we stop that, it puts extraordinary stress on our bodies. And the adjustment just doesn't happen in a few weeks or even months.

The bottom line is that quitting cigarettes is a MAJOR adjustment....physically and psychologically. And for many, you just don't feel all that great for a long time. Personally, I'm still waiting to get there. But I don't want to go back to smoking. It just takes time.
    Just Me and MorpheusPA like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

No, it certainly isn't for everybody. One woman I know had to stop vaping as the mouth feel and actions strongly resembled those of an illegal substance we can't mention here. Every time she vaped she felt the desire to use.

That was one failed quit I endorsed whole-heartedly. I'd rather see her smoke than slip.
    Katmar, Just Me and reptifarm like this.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sane Asylum View Post
    I think for some of us, especially long time smokers ( I was an almost a pack and half a day for 35 years) the withdrawal from smoking can be pretty severe. For me, the chemical changes have been pretty bad at times. I've gone through a number of bouts of severe anxiety, insomnia headaches, to name a few. At about a month in, I thought I was allergic to, PG but even though I was drinking enough water, when I increased my water intake, I was fine with PG.

IMO, there's a lot of reactions and symptoms that people blame on vaping but it's more likely due to all the changes our bodies are going through because of quitting cigarettes. Not all...but I think people don't realized what the toxins in cigarettes have done to our systems from years of smoking and when we stop that, it puts extraordinary stress on our bodies. And the adjustment just doesn't happen in a few weeks or even months.

The bottom line is that quitting cigarettes is a MAJOR adjustment....physically and psychologically. And for many, you just don't feel all that great for a long time. Personally, I'm still waiting to get there. But I don't want to go back to smoking. It just takes time.
    I got depression, dry skin, a canker sore, headaches, a bit of nausea...but I knew most of that was quitting smoking. That turned out to be true and they all faded out. I now feel better than I ever did as a smoker.

There are some people who can't tolerate PG, though. Most can use VG, but VG has its own challenges.
    Bramble likes this.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skinr1 View Post
    no what I did was just stop cold , after 30+ years of smoking and started vaping ..... and yes perhaps that was major mistake #1
    what happened to me was , the combined symptoms of stopping smoking suddenly the shock of that along with the reactions to the chemicals in the juices , I just couldn't adjust and it wound up being a recipe for failure . I was tested for the PG and VG
    and I just couldn't adjust so now its time to move on to the next product , check that out and maybe try again . who knows maybe something else will work .
    I recall earlier thread (the lesser of 2 evils) when you were first putting all this stuff out there, and I kinda felt like I was only one advocating for dual use as plausible way to overcome symptoms.

I'd still advocate for that, but realize it would be pretty darn challenging now that you've stayed away from vaping and made up your mind that vaping (chemicals) are source of what ails you.

Best wishes to you going forward and hope good health finds you in whatever you choose to do.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast