Mouth Cancer from ecigs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouth Cancer from ecigs?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Mouth Cancer from ecigs?

Hi there,

Ive ordered my first ecig and discussed it with family and friends and a few more want to try...Yesterday my mum was totally put off as my bro said ecigs cause mouth cancer(he has never tried them nor does he REALLY know anything about them)....I want to know where i can find the best info...not opinions but facts on ecigs to show him and others any possible negatives to ecigs and info to disprove the mouth cancer thing...what studies have been done?and what ones havent? Is there a "worst that can happen" article? and who exactly tests ecigs? are they pro or anti ecigs?

I would say i will come across alot of people who make outrageous negative claims on these based on the "too good to be true if your a smoker" idea.

I am totally converted to the ecig way of life and can see its potential for me and others but i dont want to advertise it to others without having the proper backup info.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Check out anything by Dr Murray Laugesen - of Health New Zealand. He's the authority.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thankyou for that...will look into it and print it out....is the info on here already or would any summarys be of use in the new members forum?

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

There aren't alot of studies done yet and most are done by independant labs. They do not project the e-liquid in any light, dark or white. they just tell you what is in the product. I am no chemist by profession so I cannot identify everything that was listed but from what I could tell everything was classified as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) the links to the reports I will look for.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...y-reports.html
    Last edited by Silence; 12-02-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: the link is added

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

As been stated, there isn't that much pros or cons on the e-cig.

Why not do a comparison of cigs/analogs and it's toxins and health risks versus e-cigs? Point out the fact that analogs can/does cause cancer lung and mouth.

Print out the information and show it to them. That might give you enough ammo to have them back down.

Just a thought.

Drip Tip Hoarder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Add throat cancer to the last one.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You might want to print this article. Be sure to click the Digg button, too.

E-cigarettes reduce cancer risk

Also, cancer tends to be caused by tobacco-specific nitrosamines. One milliter (two of the cartridges that come with the NJOY NPRO) cotribute 0.8 nanograms per gram of nitrosamines. 20 Marlboro cigarettes give you 132,000 nanograms of nitrosamines. Which one sounds more dangerous for a daily intake--0.8 versus 132,000?

You can print out the table found here:
    The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Comparison of Carcinogen Levels Shows that Electronic Cigarettes are Much Safer Than Conventional Ones

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

There have been studies on inhaling propylene glycol that show that it is GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) by the EPA. It is a known "irritant" for some sensitive people, when inhaled, but not a carcinogen.

It is also GRAS for ingestion, as it's used in NUMEROUS food & hygene products, like toothpaste.

Nicotine is also regarded as not being a carcinogen.

The danger in smoking is the SMOKE, not the nicotine.

If it caused mouth/throat cancer, would the FDA approve nicotine gum or toothpaste?
    Last edited by kristin; 12-02-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

If nicotine would be the worry, it is found in many foods naturally ie; tomatoes.

If you look at the back of a toothpaste tube some brands say if swallowed call the poison control center ... I'm sure that is becuase of the floride.

It seems we have become obsessed in this society with what is bad for you, yet we allow floride in our water, glutens in our foods and high fructose corn sweetner in our drinks that is causing diabetes to rise like a rocket to the moon.

For more great information, I suggest investigating the works of Dr. Rima Laibow

Health Freedom Threats: Codex, FDA, Vaccinations, GMOs :: HealthFreedomUSA.org

The truth is out there!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

If your REALLY paranoid about this, stay away from ANY of the tobacco flavors (unless its a fully synthetic tobacco flavor).

The flavor extraction process from REAL tobacco used to make these flavors is never going to give a 100% pure flavor/aromatic product. There will virtually ALWAYS be (albeit in incredibly tiny quantities) the SAME carcinogens found in tobacco in these flavorings.

This is one of the FDA's little tricks for spinning E-cigs in a bad light. They run their laboratory testing on TOBACCO flavors of E-liquid which are using NATURALLY derived tobacco flavors which thusly means the FDA KNOWS they will find trace amounts of tobacco carcinogens in these types of e-liquids and can point it out as PROOF they give cancer (as these tobacco compounds are known carcinogens). Ask the FDA what carcinogen levels they found in NON-tobacco flavored E-liquids.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast