but you dont look sick?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: but you dont look sick?

Full Member Verified Member

Default but you dont look sick?

Wondering if any other vapers are around with chronic pain or chronic illness? Or invisible illnesses as they can sometimes be called? Ive got several, its frustrating how everyone and thier brother asks if my symptoms are better since quitting. Uh, no. If thats all it took......sheesh. then ahIn, maybe it has helped some ppl to vape instead of smoke. Just wondering if any other spoonies are around?

I have chronic back pain (spinal stenosis). I only quit smoking and have been vaping for a little over a month. Smoked for 30 years. So no I have not noticed any change at all in back pain.
    But I do feel generally better otherwise than I did before. No coughing more energy, don't run out of breathe as easy while bicycling.

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

I have autoimmune thyroid disease...was diagnosed AFTER I quit smoking, so some people have asked me if vaping made me sick. Uhhh, no.

Ultra Member Verified Member Purplepeeps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alisa1970 View Post
    I have autoimmune thyroid disease...was diagnosed AFTER I quit smoking, so some people have asked me if vaping made me sick. Uhhh, no.
    Do they remove your thyroid for this?
    Proud KJ Minion! Home of the one and only, Purple Peep juice:)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blabbertypist Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have asthma -- which always got me more than a few weird looks when I said that with a cigarette in my hand. Yeah I know, it's one of the conditions listed on e-juice bottles and such that means you're not supposed to vape. But hey... vaping, compared to smoking? Because if I hadn't started vaping, it's damn sure I'd still be smoking. And yeah, my asthma is better because I don't have so much junk in my lungs, and I don't feel like having an asthma attack 6 times a day, but the asthma hasn't gone away; there is no cure for it. I still cough up in the morning, don't know if that will lessen or vanish, the longer I'm off smokes, or not, but it's already less than when I was smoking.

A few years ago, I asked my doctor about the Nicotrol inhaler; as an asthmatic I'm already conditioned to accept medicine from an inhaler, and well-accustomed to PG. He said he couldn't prescribe it to an asthmatic. Can you believe that? I said, you mean it would be worse for me than continuing to smoke? He said, no, probably not, but by law he couldn't prescribe it to an asthmatic. So here I am, self-medicating with an iTaste. And my doctor approves!!!

Andria
    This time...

Interested in vaping? Come visit me at http://vapefight.crypticsites.com !

Quote Originally Posted by Purplepeeps View Post
    Do they remove your thyroid for this?
    Only if you have cancer or Graves Disease, or if you have nodules that are very large or growing (which may have undetected cancer cells), or if your thyroid is enlarged enough to cause pain or breathing problems. I don't have a goiter (inflammation), but I haven't had an ultrasound yet to see what all is there.

Blabbertypist Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alisa1970 View Post
    Only if you have cancer or Graves Disease, or if you have nodules that are very large or growing (which may have undetected cancer cells), or if your thyroid is enlarged enough to cause pain or breathing problems. I don't have a goiter (inflammation), but I haven't had an ultrasound yet to see what all is there.
    I see there's a "yet" there... keep us informed, please!! It's good that you don't seem to have outward symptoms, though. Some of those autoimmune things are really a pain; one of my cousins has had lupus for about 20 yrs. She managed to have 2 kids, though.

Andria
    alisa1970 likes this.
    This time...

Interested in vaping? Come visit me at http://vapefight.crypticsites.com !

Quote Originally Posted by AndriaD View Post
    I see there's a "yet" there... keep us informed, please!! It's good that you don't seem to have outward symptoms, though. Some of those autoimmune things are really a pain; one of my cousins has had lupus for about 20 yrs. She managed to have 2 kids, though.

Andria
    Heh - I almost wish I could have it out...the attacks wax and wane, and make it difficult to stabilize levels and symptoms. At least without one there is nothing to attack so while you still have the disease, as long as you're properly medicated and your immune status is stable then it's much easier to stay asymptomatic.

Super Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I have MS and Fibromyalgia, and lots of other invisible illnesses so here's a spoonie! And nope none of it has magically disappeared since I quit smoking! Sad to say

Full Member Verified Member

Same here, quitting smoking did nothing for my illnesses. #spoonie strong!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast