Vaping is not a complete substitute for tobacco smoking - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vaping is not a complete substitute for tobacco smoking

Moved On

I've never tried it myself but Taz was talking about it here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...s-harmine.html

Super Member ECF Veteran

I take Celexa for stomach problems (not enough seratonin which affects your your stomach as well as your mind) I wonder if the Celexa plus the nic from the juice will help me more because I am not missing the MAOI effect with the Celexa.
    Another thought is I wonder now a days many people are on some type of SSRI or MAOI could it be the 20% that did succeed with NRTs were on some type of meds.
    It might be interesting to see once I have been on ecigs for a while if my stomach problems come back. It seems I was probably self medicating with analogs and if I cut them out I would venture to guess I would be low on that drug. We will c.

LOL Im 36 and I sound like Im 70 with these dumb ailments.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

This has got me thinking. I have some herbal stop smoking patches in my drawer. They have passion flower and other herbs in them. It might be good to start using them. I tried them to stop smoking, but that didn't work for me. They might be helpful now. They did seem to relax me some,but I needed something to do with my hands. Now I have it with the electronic cig. Paided all that money for those herbal patches. Got some other stuff in there too,like the rxhale pills. Get me some passion flower tea.

Full Member ECF Veteran

With vaping, I've gone from 25 to 30 cigs per day down to 7 to 9, and hopefully it will keep going down. However, to me vaping is like being on a nonfat diet all day--you eat nonfat muffins and angel cake and this and that, and then at some point you just crave full fat doughnuts and ice cream. Analogs to me are the "full fat" treats, as compared to the "nonfat" e-cigs. I don't know if it's the MAOI-this-or-that, or if there's a complex of something else in analogs. I wish someone could isolate it and put it in our juice (if it's not too dangerous)!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran SMILIN's Avatar

I dunno, guess my not smoking for over 4 months and actually feeling better, breathing better, olofactory working, taste more, and no desire for analog.......****e, guess vaping didn't work fo meoh and 19 out of 20 thers I turned onto it

But, hey, nothin's perfect

Oh, i was only smoking bout 3-6 packs kool day.....

From what I have gathered in my vast experiance to addictive substances, it is actually in in the mind, not chemical external factors, as the person has complete control over themselves and their addictions. It just becomes hard to give something up or quit something when it becomes habitual and if certain dependancies are placed upon what ever form of addiction it is.

If it was to do with certain chemical triggers on addiction, how come thousands of people manange to give up drugs and tobacco each and every year without any hassle?

I personally know of about 20 people who have all stopped smoking just by reading the allan carr's stop smoking book, and out of those 20, only 2 have returned to smoking.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

oh, Allan Carr, I read that book and got all exicted to quit. I went for three weeks cold turkey and thought I was going to die. I tryed so hard to do this book. It didn't work for me and to just think about those three weeks AWFUL is the word.
    I read that book three times. Its all in your mind is bull. Just plain bull!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rejoice View Post
    oh, Allan Carr, I read that book and got all exicted to quit. I went for three weeks cold turkey and thought I was going to die. I tryed so hard to do this book. It didn't work for me and to just think about those three weeks AWFUL is the word.
    I read that book three times. Its all in your mind is bull. Just plain bull!!!!!!!!

Yes, but thats just you're experiance (and mine too! lol). But I know people who have quit for over 10 years via allan carr and his method.

Something else to ponder about is the fact that its never a chemical that a person gets addicted to. Its the reaction to the chemical that triggers a sensation in a person that causes the addiction. Someone I once knew had a bad experiance with ......., and never tried it again, because they didnt link pleasure with there experiance. Others I know who are ....... addicts loved their first experiance and hence the addiction formed because they linked pleasure to it..

It is all in the mind love!

Moved On

Nicotine is an addictive chemical - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tml#post103929

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffer View Post
    Analogs to me are the "full fat" treats, as compared to the "nonfat" e-cigs. I don't know if it's the MAOI-this-or-that, or if there's a complex of something else in analogs. I wish someone could isolate it and put it in our juice (if it's not too dangerous)!
    I agree somewhat with your post - For me Nothing Beats a "REAL" cigar once in awhile - Mostly camping. Tried an e-cigar - NAH that ain't going to work.

Tropical Bob - posted once he thinks it may be the Carbon Monoxide we miss - I think he may be right - I have gone from a 3 pack a day habit to no analogs in 3 days back in October and a analog repulses me now, can't stand the taste or smell (Yeah I can do both again - Tasting and Smelling that is! )

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast