Almost passed out...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Almost passed out...

Default Almost passed out...

I just want opinions here please since I am still new to vaping. My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. Just thought id throw that in there.
    Been vaping a few weeks and have felt symptoms of too much nic before. It happened with the kayfun and a 12mg juice. I chain vaped it and felt shaky, fast heart beat etc. All of this was a normal over nic experience and I was not scared. I noticed the symptoms, recognized them for what they were, and slowed down on the chain vaping and I was fine.
    Today something else happened, and this was new. I loaded my Kayfun with Cellucotton from Sally's (Rayon) last night. I vaped it last night for a while with no issues, using the Rayon. Today I was up for a while and got tired late morning, so I took a nap for a few hours. I woke up, sat at my PC and took several good hits from the kayfun. About 1 minute later I thought I was going down. I almost passed out. I was light headed and started to feel myself go. No other over nic symptoms were present that I could notice.
    This scared the hell out of me and I haven't touched the Kayfun since and I think i'll go back to cotton until I hear other people's input at least.
    Maybe its the Rayon, maybe not. Perhaps I had low nic levels after sleeping and hit the Kayfun too hard too fast. Maybe its an unknown health issue that was irritated from the nicotine. But for now, I am fearful of Rayon since that's the only thing that has changed before this happened.
    Thoughts please. Anyone else almost black out after waking up and chain vaping?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

No. Not once in almost 3 years of vaping 28mg/ml. Maybe you shouldn't chain vape.
    Please become an active CASAA member. "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." -- John Philpot Curran: Speech upon the Right of Election, 1790.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Please, see a doctor. You don't know for sure if this is vaping related.

Passing out is not something to play around with

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

Agree with Racehorse, go get checked out. Far better to be safe than sorry.
    GeorgeWachsmuth likes this.

Clearly seeing a doctor is in order.
    Also, are you using professionally made lab juice, or basement brew for your e liquid?
    GeorgeWachsmuth likes this.

Juice from a popular, well used vendor. I won't name them to protect them from people getting the wrong idea. Its not the juice. Also, I tried to replicate it just now by waking up this morning and chain vaping. Nothing happened.
    Thought I should mention, I am in good shape and wasn't a smoker before I started vaping. I used dip. I run 3 to 4 days per week, 3-5 miles. My heart is strong and have no known health issues.
    Let me say what I suspect happened. I'm betting its the Rayon. I am betting some residue from the MFG process dissolved in the juice during the wick's early use, sat there, accumulated while I took a nap and waited for me to vape it. Perhaps by now any residual toxins are boiled off. I will see a doctor just to make sure, but I can guarantee I will never use Rayon again and I feel like a bandwagon idiot for ever trying it.
    GeorgeWachsmuth and Racehorse like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbogg View Post
    I just want opinions here please since I am still new to vaping. My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. Just thought id throw that in there.
    Been vaping a few weeks and have felt symptoms of too much nic before. It happened with the kayfun and a 12mg juice. I chain vaped it and felt shaky, fast heart beat etc. All of this was a normal over nic experience and I was not scared. I noticed the symptoms, recognized them for what they were, and slowed down on the chain vaping and I was fine.
    Today something else happened, and this was new. I loaded my Kayfun with Cellucotton from Sally's (Rayon) last night. I vaped it last night for a while with no issues, using the Rayon. Today I was up for a while and got tired late morning, so I took a nap for a few hours. I woke up, sat at my PC and took several good hits from the kayfun. About 1 minute later I thought I was going down. I almost passed out. I was light headed and started to feel myself go. No other over nic symptoms were present that I could notice.
    This scared the hell out of me and I haven't touched the Kayfun since and I think i'll go back to cotton until I hear other people's input at least.
    Maybe its the Rayon, maybe not. Perhaps I had low nic levels after sleeping and hit the Kayfun too hard too fast. Maybe its an unknown health issue that was irritated from the nicotine. But for now, I am fearful of Rayon since that's the only thing that has changed before this happened.
    Thoughts please. Anyone else almost black out after waking up and chain vaping?

Welcome Moo,

Please quantify " My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. "

How much juice do you use per day? What is the Ω's of the KF.

Did you eat before or after the nap? Sounds like a BP or blood sugar issue.

See your DR. for peace of mind.

Cheers
    I
    Racehorse and Katmar like this.
    civilly disobedient

Quote Originally Posted by Izan View Post
    Welcome Moo,

Please quantify " My body is used to high levels of nic. I was a heavy dip user for 4 years. "

How much juice do you use per day? What is the Ω's of the KF.

Did you eat before or after the nap? Sounds like a BP or blood sugar issue.

See your DR. for peace of mind.

Cheers
    I
    I went through a tin of Grizzly Wintergreen about every 1.5 to 2 days average. Often times I would only go 30 minutes or less between dips. I would chain dip often, always having one in and they were always a good sized dip, constantly releasing nic into the body non stop.
    The kayfun had a 1.5ohm, 28ga kanthal coil running on a provari @ 4.3-4.5v.
    After taking the few large hits, the light headed feeling came, I got scared and stopped vaping. Within about 1 minute of stopping vaping, the symptom went away and did not return. If it was a blood sugar issue, I would suspect that symptoms may have lasted longer or got worse until corrected by eating or taking meds (I take no meds of any kind, also don't drink). I don't discount a health issue because anything is possible, but I admit to being scared of the Rayon and will let others continue to be the guinea pig on this one. And yes I will see a doctor because i'd be an even bigger idiot to blame the Rayon and ignore the huge tumor in my brain that may be growing (probly not a tumor, but you get my drift).
    I'd be embarrassed to mention the Rayon to the doctor. It just sounds so irresponsible. I vaped to stop using dirty tobacco, so I start vaping with Rayon of all things? Brilliant. But I will have to tell them.
    Last edited by Moonbogg; 07-20-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    Izan and NICnurse like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Okay, good goin' Moonbogg. You seem like the type of person who is in charge of their health and gets regular medical care, etc.

I don't use rayon, gotta admit when I first saw that word mentioned in some other topics, it kinda gave me the heebie jeebies, cotton balls, gauze pad material, etc. just seemed like a better choice. I guess I am not the kind of person who would "chase the vape" to the point of experimenting with stuff like rayon.

Being a gal, I do know that I don't buy clothing made of rayon, it breaks down very badly in the clothes dryer. I always hung mine out to dry, then it would need to be ironed on low heat. Just doesn't seem like the right material to vape with , but I'm not a chemist.

Glad to hear you have it under control. Just want ya to be safe.
    Katmar likes this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Ultra Member ECF Veteran dragonpuff's Avatar
    Over the river and through the woods, Western NY

Have you ever had blood pressure issues? Have you ever felt really lightheaded when standing after laying down? That's what this sounds like to me. Did you wake up from your nap and go immediately to your computer and take all those puffs? You may have had low bp when you got up, and rapid puffing may have made it worse. It could be the nicotine, or it could be something similar to hyperventilation where you're puffing so much so fast that you're not getting enough oxygen.

That's my guess anyway. The only real difference with different equipment is the amount of nicotine you're inhaling per puff. Maybe this was stronger than you're used to, but you were still vaping as normal.
    Katmar, dopamine1, Nermal and 1 others like this.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." Doctor Who

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast