Vaping is making me sick - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Vaping is making me sick

PV Master ECF Veteran

Ok, well, old age will get you too, sweetheart. It happens to us all.
    We were talking about people feeling sick because they replace cigarettes with e-cig and it scares them they may be using something un-healthy.
    You worry about your sugar. Geez, one person just can't hit on all cylinders, I guess.

I guess I should qualify my statements with, "up to but not including" or "among other things" or "for what the heck it's worth to ya".
    Last edited by Kate51; 01-04-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Wow! I apologize if I did something to offend you. I did not say i was afraid of sugar just saying that gatorade has alot of it which will not help in hydration. I believe I was trying to help the pesron who is getting sick by suggesting drinking lots of water to prevent dehydration. I'm not saying not to drink gatorade or anything else with sugar if you like it - just realize that it will dehydrate you. Drink whatever you want - i'm simply letting the pesron know that all beverages are not the same and if his headaches are from dehydration - water will help this - at least it does for me.

Just trying to help not trying to harm.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Could be, could be, dehydration causes headaches. Yes.
    So do a LOT of other things. That's the thing. But put it into context then, and try to help the poor Wannavaap from Va whose first post was out of frustration because he/she is worried about vaping vs smoking. I tried to make it simple the only way I know how, but you pick on my Gatorade suggestion? C'mon! This is supposed to be fun and informative. And you worry about his/her sugar level???
    I am not offended, but highly amused at the crapping up my great suggestions.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran AlexTM's Avatar

Yes, well, no offense intended, but overpriced lemonade with a pitch of salt is not what comes first to mind to many peoples mind when they recommend fluids.

Hydration itself, no matter with what, is a good idea. Doesn't have to be non-caffeine, either; the myth that caffeine does dehydrate you has been put to rest for a while now. Of course, water is always best, but can't drink that all day.

Vote in the polls, vapers, we need numbers!

PV Master ECF Veteran

Yah, I need my coffee to vape with! It just works out so nicely.
    It is nice, though, to get through the first couple of months cigarette free, past all the flighty stomach and hunger cravings, to finally figure out that the e-cig is a very good way to drop tobacco cigarettes from your budget and your body! My first NJoy did the trick on day one, after 44 years of smoking. After doing everything wrong, all the little nuances do work themselves out, but it does take a lot of willpower, frustrations with dead batteries and huge buying sprees for the "perfect" PV and the best juices, in the end we are smoke free.
    It's a great thing. I really doubt I would have had the same outcome without my e-cig. I want everyone just to get that part! If they weren't interested in e-cig-based cigarette replacement, they wouldn't be here. It really does help to know what to expect, and how to fix a problem, to any degree.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by inicapem View Post
    Anything with sweetners will dehydrate you.
    Pretty much every medical electrolyte solution has glucose in it, because carbohydrates increase fluid retention when treating dehydration.

Most cases of low level dehydration, it's true that it doesn't make a huge difference what you drink in terms of fluids. Gatorade's just a random example of one option. If someone needs a sweeter liquid to convince themselves to drink more often for a short while, well, it's their call on the liquid calories or artificial sweetener or whatever else. (I find plain water boring; I down Sprite Zero like it's my job.)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Psychosis View Post
    Pretty much every medical electrolyte solution has glucose in it, because carbohydrates increase fluid retention when treating dehydration.

Most cases of low level dehydration, it's true that it doesn't make a huge difference what you drink in terms of fluids. Gatorade's just a random example of one option. If someone needs a sweeter liquid to convince themselves to drink more often for a short while, well, it's their call on the liquid calories or artificial sweetener or whatever else. (I find plain water boring; I down Sprite Zero like it's my job.)
    Does that contain aspartame, Madame?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Katmar View Post
    Does that contain aspartame, Madame?
    Yes, it does. (I'd rather not touch the aspartame debate with a ten-foot pole, but I've done what reading and experimentation I can, made my personal decision, and just say to each his own on all sweetener choices...)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Psychosis View Post
    Yes, it does. (I'd rather not touch the aspartame debate with a ten-foot pole, but I've done what reading and experimentation I can, made my personal decision, and just say to each his own on all sweetener choices...)
    LOL, no debate here. I am just extremely sensitive to it. Makes me very ill. Read some negative stuff about it in relation to MS, which I have, so that about explains it. Am always looking for a low cal sweet drink. Hate water.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I cannot believe someone suggested that all those professional athletes, who sweat off 14 pounds of water in a football game, are fools and idiots who waste money on Gatorade. Huh? Does this anti-Gatorade person KNOW the history of Gatorade, how it was developed and why?

Research. And learn. It's a first-rate product for dehydration. Millionaire athletes and billionaire team owners aren't fools for passing fads. They use Gatorade and have since it was first developed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast