Lung Damage, Lowered Capacity
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Lung Damage, Lowered Capacity

Default Lung Damage, Lowered Capacity

I got bugged by someone for using ecig claiming they will reduce my lung capacity. I have no retort or argument that is solid.

I've already done a search in the forums but can't find anything unique to the topic subject.

And so far what I've find in a google search of "Lung Capacity ecig"

Electronic Cigarettes Can Harm The Lungs - Medical News Today

And so far what I've find in a google Search of "Lung Capacity ecig myth"

https://www.electroniccigarettesrevi...-lung-function

So as I may try arguing...' OH WELL I FOUND THIS STUDY THAT SAYS OTHER WISE THEREFORE I'M RIGHT" I'd rather refine the opinion here.

The argument I can only think of is only brief and just sucks,

"While you make a valid point, the ecig has been the center piece of controversy considering the sources of these studies. In my opinion I feel that argument is wrong because you have no provided the source of this claim. I believe that most of these studies are done by special interests under the same message of "well we just don't know enough". They tend to have coporate interests and in this case it would be big pharama companies."
    AndriaD likes this.
    "We'll always have Paris"

Super Member ECF Veteran eyerhere's Avatar

Yea thats a tuffie. What you wrote sounded good enough to out smart that person but you may want to add "so there &(rasberry noise)" to the end.
    Rickajho and Zanderist like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Perhaps you'd have more success if you approached it from the other end and searched for people with COPD, whose symptoms eased or got no worse with vaping, compared to cigarette use?

After all - they are people with reduced lung capacity to begin with.

T
    wv2win, Burnie, Katmar and 3 others like this.

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The problem with trying to dispel a baseless rumor is you cannot find anything that supports it - because it's a baseless rumor.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supertrunker View Post
    Perhaps you'd have more success if you approached it from the other end and searched for people with COPD, whose symptoms eased or got no worse with vaping, compared to cigarette use?

After all - they are people with reduced lung capacity to begin with.

T
    I would be an example of that. My lung capacity greatly improved when I switched to vaping. My breathing tests were fantastic after 6 mos. of vaping, whereas they were pretty bad while smoking. X-rays improved also. My doctor was very happy with me vaping. I was a smoker for 45 years.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Not all vapers inhale the vapor into their lungs. It is useless to do so when it comes to vaping as the nicotine is absorbed through the mouth and the nose and not the lungs unlike cigarette smoking.

There is no tar in vapor even if you did inhale to the lungs so how would the vapor diminish lung capacity?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

instead of you having to disprove what he said, ask him to prove what he is saying instead, ask for the study oh what he's talking about

else you can always say that by using ecigs, instead of smoking, ppl all get better, health, lung capacity, breathing capacity, taste and so on, the forum is full of stories like that. So this person would actually call them all liars.

Vamo V5 Shrink + IGO-L + Kanthal 30g + ~1.5 ohms + Rayon + CGR18650CH 2200mAh

I've been vaping pretty heavily for a few months now or so. No difference in lung capacity or function when running extended distances. Just my experience, but its something at least. 5 years from now? I don't know. Any veteran vapers here who run or do cardio of some kind? Any issues with your lung capacity?

All I can think of is anecdotal evidence i've read and experienced for myself. And that is that after stopping smoking and continued vaping, we experience much less difficulty breathing in situations that used to be taxing. Such as climbing stairs, hiking, running, swimming etc...

There also is the physical evidence of many as our lungs expelling tar which occurs as the lungs heal.

I don't know if there are studies about people that are in contact with fog machines often as that would be somewhat comparable with what we are inhaling.

In essence we are inhaling steam but it's not water. There are questions and uncertainties about what we are inhaling, but one thing is certain: we know we are not inhaling thousands of chemicals, many that are known carcinogens.

Via a possessed phone thats autocorrect is just silly
    Katmar likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

just distract them with something shiny or sweet ... they sound pretty moronic
    Katmar likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast