Does vaping cause phlegm? - Page 6
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Does vaping cause phlegm?

Senior Member ECF Veteran Doug_Dread's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissVapor View Post
    Some of the symptoms of these people is : shortness of breath, nigh sweats, loss of memory, and skin pealing.

None of us know what the long term effects even if flavorings are absent or minimal. It might be from flavoring or/and VG/PG...

I smoked for 10 yrs and NEVER had any symptoms from it, but after a year of vaping I have experienced a wide range of symptoms and think for now Im going to just quit vaping..

To each their own but proceed with caution...
    I have some shortness of breath but no night sweats or pealing skin. I can't remember what the other thing you mentioned was.

If you keep on smoking, you WILL suffer the consequences one day and it's NOT pretty, most highly recommended you quit. If vaping can get you off smoking, it's really worth doing but then quit vaping too. The long term prognosis for vaping is too iffy atm.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I'm not gonna get panicked by a sinus problem. I'm sure vaping is far less harmful than smoking so I'll continue to vape. Never going back to filthy cigarettes - that would be more than daft.
    But I am interested to hear more from TB about the research on the phlegm problem and hopefully how to manage it better.

Best,

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesarea View Post
    Gosh - ectoplasm!
    Yes old houses are full of chemical history - my apartment dates back to 1880, the days when they used arsenic based paint!

Best of luck with the sniffles Leita!
    Dadgum, I like you.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Best not to ask for a Schnozzleheads social group though.
    - we'd only fill it with post-nasal drip posts!
    After a coupla thousand you get to become a Mucus Master

Best,

C.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am noticing an increase in phlegm production after 7 months of vaping. I use a variety of PG and VG based liquids. I've also started to cough on inhale, my lungs are rejecting the vapor. My nose seems to be constantly dripping clear mucous, especially in the mornings.

I awoke this morning with tears running down my face, a common symptom for me of an allergy reaction and the runny nose to accompany the tears. Liquids seem to be coming from several different orifices at the same time.

I assume it must be a build-up of film on the lungs, causing irritation and mucous production. I am very interested in seeing the results of the report Tropical Bob is referring to you.

In the meantime, I am vaping less and hoping the symptoms will ease up or disappear completely. If they don't, I'll stop vaping and hope for the best.

I am wondering if the flavorings don't play a larger part in the symptoms than PG or VG. I've changed to unflavored to see if there is any improvement.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Keep in touch Beckah - I have the same problems with the nose. I use unflavoured and mild tobacco flavours when it is bad. But it does feel like hay fever. Anti histamine meds seem to help but can't keep taking those all the time.
    Thinking of trying to retrain myself not to exhale through the nose, but darn it that is a 50 yr old habit now!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob View Post
    A film is apparently building in veteran e-smokers' lungs, causing an increased phlegm secretion. I'm experiencing it, as are others in tests lasting longer than a year. It's a serious concern and a nicotine carrier other than PG or VG is being sought.
    I didn't know that other carriers are being sought. I gave up on PG due to xerostomia - haven't tried VG yet, but it'll likely be the same result. I don't get phlegm from vaping because I smoke like a cigar, but it's nice to know PG/VG may not be the only delivery methods we'll be stuck with. It seems like e-cig hardware is moving forward but nothing is being done about the more important e-liquid. I've been searching for discussions about research into alternatives but haven't found anything other than PEG, which doesn't sound good. Oh, and dry ice. I think that PG/VG are just too harsh for many of us.

I look forward to the research results. I really want to switch my heavy-smoking brother over to vaping, so it'll be nice to have more scientific research available to help make an informed decision.

Thread subscribed!

Caesarea:

I know what you mean about exhaling through the nose. It's a habit I enjoy.

IKA

I prefer the clear phlegm I get from vapping then the greenish glow in the dark one I use to get from analogs (Canadian cigarettes must be radioactive)

I did notice more phlegm from e-liquid with coloring in them so I'm quitting those.

I normally clear my sinus good when I go snorkeling, the best trick I found so far dive at 15-20 feet then come back up wait a bit, and out it goes

Super Member ECF Veteran

If i have been vaping alot durring the day, I wake up in the morning with
    almost the same "smokers lung" congestion and some caughing.
    Not as bad as analog ciggies, but it's still there.

This leaves me w/ the idea that the vapor is causing almost as much
    irratation as the analog

Anyone else notice this?
    Beccca likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob View Post
    Not coughing after quitting is a bonus. But vaping is different and you will eventually develop production of a clear phlegm, if you stick with this a year or more.
    I already have the clear phlegm problem and I've been vaping for only about 3 months. (Course I have COPD as well.) But the phlegm isn't nearly as bad as with analogues, thankfully. Certain flavours do not agree with me either, as one poster indicated. For example, my lungs can't take some of the Lorann flavourings and the RY4 from DIYflavorshack nearly did me in. So I avoid the ones I have problems with. You will find you can tolerate some formulations better than others.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast