anyone else have shortness of breath?
Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: anyone else have shortness of breath?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Default anyone else have shortness of breath?

I do, after three months of vaping. On cigs I never had this problem in the 12 years I smoked. Vaping 3 months and now I am having trouble breathing. The first few months were fine, symptoms just started last week. I am getting a lung function test done next week.
    Anyone else have this issue??
    Sandybeach40 and bcme like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I havent noticed any more shortness of breath than normal for me after almost 2 months of vaping. I also havent noticed the shotness of breath from smoking for so long getting any better tho, everything still seems the same to me.

I have asthma and notice when I chain-vape for long periods of time, my chest gets tight and I have to use my inhaler. I use PG-based juice, and I have read that it can be irritating to the lungs. I haven't yet tried VG liquids yet. Its annoying sometimes...but not enough to stop! Hope you find what's causing it...hope its not the vaping, but maybe try VG if you are using PG?
    toto1013 likes this.

I have noticed it. It kinda worries me. I love vaping and have been doing it for about a month now. Im completely analog free with no desire to go back. But i dont want to give up vaping. Ive been using pg based liquid mainly. the symtoms started after i switched to a mix of 70pg/20vg/10 water. The thing is I thought it was my lungs clearing up. I can breath much deeper now. but I reach a point in my inhale where i have to inhale harder to get a satisfying breath. Axl, let us know what your test results are.
    bcme likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I notice shortness of breath with eliquid mixed VG. No problems until I bought some from Totally wicked. After examining the label found the have a mixture of PG and VG. I thinned it down with PG, and the breathing went down to normal. Maybe if you find your eliquid is made with pure PG you can try glycerine to thin it down.
    simply me likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Then again you may have heart problems. Then try a lower mg mixture.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default bobtow

Quote Originally Posted by jdw650 View Post
    I have noticed it. It kinda worries me. I love vaping and have been doing it for about a month now. Im completely analog free with no desire to go back. But i dont want to give up vaping. Ive been using pg based liquid mainly. the symtoms started after i switched to a mix of 70pg/20vg/10 water. The thing is I thought it was my lungs clearing up. I can breath much deeper now. but I reach a point in my inhale where i have to inhale harder to get a satisfying breath. Axl, let us know what your test results are.
    That's what happened to me .Go back to totally PG. Your feel better.
    simply me likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have been vaping seven months with no problems until lately.

For the past two or three weeks, inhaling vapor sends me into a coughing fit. Some days, I can't inhale the vapor at all without coughing up a lung. Sometimes, it feels like my throat is closing up and I have trouble getting enough air. I can hear myself wheezing. I am using 0, 6, or 11 mg nic liquid.

I do have inhalers and have started using them again after not needing them for six months.

It happens with PG or VG, so I'm not sure what is causing the sensitivity to the vapor but I have cut back a lot on vaping. I think it could be the flavoring in some liquids I purchased from a vendor I hadn't tried before.

I'm going to stick with one flavor at a time to determine if one specific liquid is causing the reaction, or if it is a build up of PG or VG.

Anyone one else have similar symptoms?
    patkin and bcme like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Please keep us posted...

Quote Originally Posted by beckah54 View Post
    I have been vaping seven months with no problems until lately.

For the past two or three weeks, inhaling vapor sends me into a coughing fit. Some days, I can't inhale the vapor at all without coughing up a lung. Sometimes, it feels like my throat is closing up and I have trouble getting enough air. I can hear myself wheezing. I am using 0, 6, or 11 mg nic liquid.

I do have inhalers and have started using them again after not needing them for six months.

It happens with PG or VG, so I'm not sure what is causing the sensitivity to the vapor but I have cut back a lot on vaping. I think it could be the flavoring in some liquids I purchased from a vendor I hadn't tried before.

I'm going to stick with one flavor at a time to determine if one specific liquid is causing the reaction, or if it is a build up of PG or VG.

Anyone one else have similar symptoms?
    try no flavor
    I had something similar happen when I tried a flavor I'm allergic to.
    It was apple/cinnamon that about killed me.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast